Author Topic: DoveLems for Superlemmini converted from Regular Lemmini  (Read 4937 times)

Offline ericderkovits

• View Profile
DoveLems for Superlemmini converted from Regular Lemmini
« on: July 10, 2020, 05:22:05 AM »
ok I now have Dovelems converted to Superlemmini. It was kinda slow because In the levels .ini files it had special characters Superlemmini doesnt like that regular Lemmini tolerates.

anywhere here is the Dovelems pack for Superlemmini converted from regular Lemmini

Ok the plain rank is finished all good now
Ok the coward rank is finished all good now
Ok the devilish rank is finished all good now
Ok the maso rank is finished all good now
Ok the bonus rank is finished all good now

The pack is finished.

Edit 8/19/2021
 Updated OP of Dovelems pack.
 also updated replay for level 3 16 Lems play hide and seek(replay affected with 8/19/2021 NL version level update)

« Last Edit: August 19, 2021, 04:39:48 PM by ericderkovits »

Offline ericderkovits

• View Profile
Re: DoveLems for Superlemmini converted from Regular Lemmini
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2020, 12:33:24 AM »
Ok I'm finally finished converting the Lemmini version of Dovelems to Superlemmini. all levels are done. I have replays included.
also there shouldn't be any crashes.
also this just uses the standard amiga music that was in Lemmini's levelpack. I didn't change the music.

It took a while because I had to playtest each level(And of course Devilish and Maso were hard so I used icho's neolemmix and dodos youtube channel to help me solve the levels.)

also several levels the exits had to slightly be adjusted (using 1.43f) as the lemmings wouldn't exit (ie Plain's through the bubbles).
also many levels using the pillar styles almost always had to be fixed (also using 1.43f) as they were off kilter. I guess converting from Lemmini to Superlemmini this is the case.

Note: playing dodos Dovelems in Superlemmini is way more harder than Icho's version in neolemmix. Mainly because of the rushed time where Icho's version in neolemmix he had many as unlimited time. also many of the 2 final ranks levels precision is a must to solve many of those.

I included replays but if you want to solve first you can, but these replays will show that the levels are solvable.

to put into Superlemmini, simply extract the file. everything should go into place.

NOTE: Icho fixed alot of backroutes but I didn't do any as I just wanted to do the conversion, so maybe some levels in the Superlemmini ones can be, not sure.

Also don't downloaded the ones in the previous post as those have errors. those were before I playtested and fixed.
download this pack from this post.

Edit: Updated OP and 1 replay as in the previous post (8/19/2021)
« Last Edit: August 19, 2021, 04:41:06 PM by ericderkovits »

Offline ericderkovits

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2020, 12:52:17 AM »
Thanks Swerdis for finishing the NL format pack of Dovelems. Now we'll see what Icho does to fix the levels.

After Icho patches the NL version, I'll see what he does to each levels fixes and fix (if possible) my Dovelems in Superlemmini. I know there be alot of ones that won't be able to be fixed due to pickup skills not
being availiable in Superlemmini. But any he fixes he does, not using pickup skills and am able to fix, I'll do in my Dovelems in Superlemmini.

Note: Also this was my first conversion of a pack of Superlemmini. so when I downloaded the lemmini version and converted it to Superlemmini, that's all I did. I didn't even make a single patch since it was my first pack converted, and at that time I wasn't familiar with the 1.43 editor to make fixes.

Also I know that Dovelems is backroute-ridden, since it's been patched so many times in NL including backroutes by Uberwolfie. I think Dodochacalo wouldn't be too happy with so many backroutes if he knew these.

Offline ericderkovits

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2020, 07:25:27 AM »
The Miner trick for Maso 30 also works in Superlemmini's version

Yes, In Dovelems it's in rank "Coward" level 24 (Lemmings-Digging Iron Plates) where you have to guess the path thru steel-looking terrain.

Also Pimolems has a level similar to that
Level 19 of Calm is called Iron Industry also where you have to guess the path.

« Last Edit: October 21, 2020, 08:47:06 AM by ericderkovits »

Offline ericderkovits

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2020, 01:25:53 AM »
ok, here are some backroute fixes that Icho used in the NL version.
I could only do levels that didn't involve pickup skills(quite alot had them), so their will still be backroutes in the SL Dovelems.

Here are the changes

Plain Rank

1-26 added the snowblower left of climbing spot

Coward Rank

2-03 added left-facing OWW's
2-09 added the steel block on top of thin green vine that has OWW's on it
2-15 added the water in the leftmost pit of OWW's also added a small steel block

UPDATE: changes made to Superlemmini Coward Rank(used ones from Icho's 3.2 NL UPDATE) These changes don't affect the replays
2-03 Added traps and terrain to match NL's
2-05 Moved(lowered) bottom 2 flamethrowers
2-08 Set RR to 40(previously at 1):Note Icho set it in NL to 70 which is 40 in Superlemmini(however in Superlemmini can't lock it, but at least one can't go lower than 40)
2-11 Terrain changes to match NL's(slightly altered near green water)

Wow Icho is even looking at the Skills you can't live without solutions to make changes.

Devilish Rank

3-03 added the single steel block as in 3-14
3-14 Added a sucker just to the right of exit(instead of -1 climbers since
superlemmini has issues with blockers at end of builder steps where other lemmings
dont turn around on steps. This will block Swerdis'solution. also added the single steel block as in 3-03)
3-20 Slight terrain alteration (obviously couldn't do anything with the pickup skills as in NL's versions though)
3-21 Added Steel (broke my replay)
3-30 Added another icicle trap (couldn't add the vertical snowblower though since in the editor they only have horizontal ones, Superlemmini probably doesn't use vertical ones)

Maso Rank

4-07 Added an ice blower above entrance
4-09 Reduced number of builders from 20 to only 5, 99/100 save requirement from 98/100
4-10 Added steel.
4-11 Added right-facing OWW's below exit. Added small platform
4-12 Added some left-facing OWWs
4-13 Added Steel
4-16 Removed terrain+Steel, Added some steel. Also added some OWWs
4-17 Added the chameleon trap near right exit
4-20 Added the 2 sucker traps UPDATE: had to add in 2 spot more OWWs that I noticed I didn't add.
4-21 Added slight terrain alteration, -1 blocker, -1 climber, +1 save requirement
4-23 made wall thinner where 1st dig is and added the small left-facing OWWs, added steel
4-29 Added steel

Bonus Rank
5-01 Added a tiny piece of steel
5-02 Added more fireblowers(tweaked my Superlemmini replay in 1 spot)
5-03 Added steel
5-05 Terrain Changes as in Icho's neolemmix version

to get pack just extract .rar file to your main Superlemmini folder(will fall into place)

I've included replays(for the whole pack not just the fixed levels).

Note: This pack just uses the standard styles folder so no need to do anything there.
Also the Pack just uses the standard Amiga music(which Dodochacalo had)

UPDATE: for 4-20 The Hatch, I saw I needed 2 spots where I forgot OWWs, so I added them, so please update pack using the .rar
   Note: replay for this level is unaffected.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2020, 05:21:20 PM by ericderkovits »

Offline ericderkovits

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2020, 08:35:09 PM »
UPDATE: I've made changes to 4 Superlemmini levels in the Coward Rank(ones that Icho did in his NL 3.2 UPDATE): See previous post for Changes in the Coward Rank.

Note: I've updated the .rar file in the previous post (For the 4 changed level .ini's).

Also here are the 4 new level .ini's individually(if you don't want to extract the whole .rar) just put them in the Dovelems levels folders

Replays are NOT affected

UPDATE: Forgot steel in 1 spot of 4-16 Complete Autarky, so I added it.
              just put my new .ini file into the Dovelems levels folder and the replay for the level into the Dovelems replay folder
              Also had to tweak my replay to work

Also I updated the level in the .rar file for the pack.

« Last Edit: October 26, 2020, 03:35:06 AM by ericderkovits »

Offline ericderkovits

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 26, 2020, 01:33:26 AM »
ok, I made changes to 3 of the 5 levels Icho did for the 3.4 version update of NL version of Dovelems. (From the replays of SYCLW)

The 2 levels I couldn't do were:
2-25 Academy of Eight (Icho added a small upwards-facing OWW on thin piece of terrain above exit. In the 1.43f editor they only have left and right-facing ones, unfortunatly, so couldn't add)
2-30 A Perfect Symmetry(Couldn't do obviously since Superlemmini doesn't have pickup skills)

changes I did do as Icho did in NL's version (doesn't affect the replays)

1-20 Wooden House (changed the blocker and bomber count from 10 to 1 as Icho did)
1-25 Scrub (I also extended the water lower as Icho did. I tested this first in Superlemmini to see if a lemming can bash below water without drowning and yes I had to extended the water lower
                  too as a lemming could pass under water, Now I added this change so a lemming will now drown there).

2-21 Death Camp (I added the right-facing OWW's in this level as Icho did in NL)

ok, Here are the 3 level .ini's for Dovelems with the 3.4 NL version changes Icho made.

Note I also updated the OP in the previous posts with the changes.

The replays I have will still work with the new changes (will not break)

As a note: I wonder if Dodo would actually make all of these changes since it seems the pack is going through so many patches from Icho, and as stated earlier, he probably didn't care as much about backroutes as Pieuw did. But this is 1 reason why I stated I like Pimolems better,  because Dovelems is riddled with backroutes(but I do like the levels intended solutions-too bad
this pack is being patched so much.)

Offline ericderkovits

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 15, 2020, 05:26:35 PM »
ok. as per Icho's 3.5 update of NL Dovelems I removed the blocker and 1 builder(doesn't affect replay) from the Skills you can't live without replay.

Here is the new 1-20(Wooden House).ini.

I also updated the Dovelems_levels_replays.rar in the previous post links with the updated level fix.

Offline ericderkovits

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 30, 2021, 09:10:59 AM »
ok, I just finished doing the Dovelems Superlemmini pack using Dodochacalo's Youtube music for the levels(I like it much better). I replayed my levels to make sure they play the corresponding tunes that were on Youtube. Most of the tunes I got from Zophar's music website and some I ripped from Youtube. Then I converted them to .ogg so SL could play them since they were in .mp3

anyways here is the Dovelems pack with the new music

the music is in my dropbox
just extract it the the SL music folder
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/csqbk0u7mxv6xx3/AAB4hadyci3i15ioOaGaoAxta?dl=1

and here is the pack again with the levelpack.ini corresponding to the new music. rared the Dovelems pack
just extract it to the main SL folder(will fall in place).

the amiga tunes levelpack.ini is also in the rar file (it's named levelpack(original).ini but the levelpack.ini is set to the new music. If you want the amiga ones just rename levelpack.ini to
something like levelpack(new music).ini and name levelpack(original).ini to just levelpack.ini.   But I prefer the new music so I have it set to that in the rar file.)

For example, try playing plain level 13(kinda neat tune-plays a tune from Yoshi's Island)
« Last Edit: June 04, 2021, 12:36:33 AM by ericderkovits »

Offline WillLem

• Unity isn't sameness, it's togetherness
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 03, 2021, 10:40:59 PM »
100% solutions :lemcat:

Plain 15 - Ground Floor Please
Plain 18 - Lemmings' Brains
Plain 19 - Yours Diabolically
« Last Edit: June 03, 2021, 11:17:51 PM by WillLem »

Offline ericderkovits

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 03, 2021, 11:37:02 PM »
ok I fixed the gap for plain 21 (Flack and White). Just moved the rightmost steel block (on starting platform) over left a tad to close the gap. Thanks WillLem.

here is the fixed .ini for plain 21 (Flack and White). Just place it in the Dovelems level folder and say yes to overwrite.

Doesn't affect the replay.

Also Nice job on those 100% solutions for those 3 levels.

also updated the Op with the level fix
« Last Edit: June 04, 2021, 12:37:39 AM by ericderkovits »

Offline ericderkovits

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 04, 2021, 12:14:47 AM »
ok here is another fix for Plain 30 (Cistern's, Chains and Bricks). Sealed that small gap near right exit so no lemmings will fall. Thanks again WillLem.

here is the fixed level. again just put in the Dovelems level folder and say yes to overwrite.

Doesn't affect my replay as I used the left exit.

Also updated the Op with the level fix
« Last Edit: June 04, 2021, 12:38:04 AM by ericderkovits »

Offline ericderkovits

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 19, 2021, 04:57:10 PM »
Update for the pack (as per Icho's update in NL (Thanks to Scmolem))

Changelog

levels

3 16 Lems play hide and seek.
Terrain changes. Added some eraser pieces in terrain to match NL's version of the level
                        changed that terrain piece block on right end of plank above the water for a sign.
                        Note: these changes affected my replay due to the block on plank was changed for a sign. (fixed my replay)

3 26 The Triangular Prison
Terrain change. Only difference I can see in the level was a small change above and to the right of exit(right of those steel blocks)
                       Also I noticed a zapper trap on top of steel block to the right of exit was missing in SL, So I added it.
                       Note: My replay was NOT affected for this level.
8/24/2021 I just noticed in Level 28 of Devilish(Assault Course) in NL's version only 5 builders are availiable (reduced in Superlemmini to 5 from 7)
                or here is just that levels .ini (Also had to fix my replay) just place the .ini in the Dovelems levels folder
Updated Op of pack in previous posts

Also here is the updated pack here in this post. Just Extract to your Superlemmini main folder (will fall into place)
« Last Edit: August 24, 2021, 05:10:35 PM by ericderkovits »