Author Topic: [BUG][EDITOR] Can't edit talisman conditions under certain conditions  (Read 2245 times)

Offline Dullstar

• View Profile
    • Leafwing Studios Website (EXTREMELY OUTDATED)
Under certain conditions (the exact details of which I haven't quite worked out yet) the talisman conditions for some levels cannot be edited.

I'll update with more details if I can figure out exactly what's going on, but I've attached the level I found this on.

The talisman "Optimization Lv. 2" was intended to have a limit of 3 bashers, but was saved with no requirements. I didn't notice this when the v9 update was first released (it was a contest level). When I noticed, I tried to fix it through the editor, assuming it was an oversight on my part, only to find that I couldn't change it. I thought that it might be due to its similarity to the talisman "Optimization Lv. 1" (limit 4 bashers), so I tried removing one of them, and the delete button didn't do anything.

Manually editing the talismans in a text editor worked as expected.

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
Okay so - deleting is purely a matter of the list not being updated to reflect the deletion. It is in fact deleted, but the list doesn't get updated until something else causes the talisman list to be regenerated (such as editing a talisman - even if you cancel out of it).

I can't reproduce your issue with not being able to add the basher restriction.
My Lemmings projects
2D Lemmings: NeoLemmix (engine) | Lemmings Plus Series (level packs) | Doomsday Lemmings (level pack)
3D Lemmings: Loap (engine) | L3DEdit (level / graphics editor) | L3DUtils (replay / etc utility) | Lemmings Plus 3D (level pack)

Offline Dullstar

• View Profile
I have not managed to isolate the trigger condition. It consistently happens to me on the one I uploaded, but it doesn't happen on the v10 version of the level, which is identical expect the talisman condition was updated in a text editor.

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
Just to confirm: You are clicking "Add requirement" after selecting the condition / quantity, correct?

I spotted this as a potentially unintuitive aspect of the UI, but otherwise can't reproduce this, even using that exact level.
My Lemmings projects
2D Lemmings: NeoLemmix (engine) | Lemmings Plus Series (level packs) | Doomsday Lemmings (level pack)
3D Lemmings: Loap (engine) | L3DEdit (level / graphics editor) | L3DUtils (replay / etc utility) | Lemmings Plus 3D (level pack)

Offline Dullstar

• View Profile
I assume I'm probably doing it correctly since it works on some levels, but when I have time I'll go ahead and record a video of it, since that should capture some details of what I'm doing to reproduce it that I might not think to include.

Offline Dullstar

• View Profile
I haven't figured out what I was doing differently between the attempts to reproduce with v9 vs. v10 of the posted level, but...

It does seem to be related to unintuitive UI rather than a technical bug.

It's probably improvable, but I'm not sure what the best way to go about it would be.