Author Topic: Angry Lemmings (easy to medium)  (Read 8763 times)

Offline ericderkovits

• View Profile
Re: erics FUN and Tricky levels
« Reply #30 on: June 29, 2020, 08:48:18 PM »
Hey kaywhyn which rank should I put it in by your solutions. Tricky taxing or mayhem. I could make an easier Fun 22

Online kaywhyn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 29, 2020, 09:28:47 PM »
Hey eric, great to see you here too. Once again, thank you for all those Superlemmini packs! They all work perfectly fine and I don't encounter any crashes at all anymore thanks to your great work. :thumbsup:   

Besides Fun 22, I haven't looked at any of the other levels, so I can't say for sure if it should stay in the Fun rank by moving further towards the end of the rank or even move to the Tricky rank, which as I understand is what you have completed up to. Due to the somewhat restrictive skillset on the level, as well as how the solutions I found aren't exactly trivial, I say Tricky might be fine for it, as restricting the skillset is pretty much what the original lemmings did starting in the second half of Tricky. In the original game, except for the tutorial levels and Fun 18, all the levels in the Fun rank had very excessive skillsets. Besides Fun 22 in your pack, I don't know if this is true for the other Fun levels. If not Tricky, then maybe early Taxing at most, but as Taxing has not been completed by you yet, can't say for sure. As a matter of fact, the difficulty of Fun 22 in this pack is really close to Postcard from Lemmingland, which is Tricky 19 and was a real roadblock for many people when they first played the game all those years ago, so perhaps around there is a good new position for your Fun 22. Again, there might be a better position for it in the Tricky rank, I'm just not sure since I haven't looked at any of the other levels in the pack. Namida is the best person in this case to say for sure since he has looked at the other levels in the pack.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCPMqwuqZ206rBWJrUC6wkrA - My YouTube channel and you can also find my playlists of Lemmings level packs that I have LPed
kaywhyn's blog: https://www.lemmingsforums.net/index.php?topic=5363.0

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #32 on: June 29, 2020, 11:02:28 PM »
really, I thought it was easy, I could make it feast of a levelII(mayhem) but it's too easy for that one. if You need a hint or replay let me know.

Not for now. I'm the type who would rather leave the level unsolved if I can't figure it out; but I'll likely take a second look next time I'm playing some Lemmings in general.
My Lemmings projects
2D Lemmings: NeoLemmix (engine) | Lemmings Plus Series (level packs) | Doomsday Lemmings (level pack)
3D Lemmings: Loap (engine) | L3DEdit (level / graphics editor) | L3DUtils (replay / etc utility) | Lemmings Plus 3D (level pack)

Offline ericderkovits

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 29, 2020, 11:49:27 PM »
as per namida and kaywhns request I will transfer fun 22 to one in beginning Taxing, since I've only done 1/3 of Taxing so far. I will make a new fun 22 but don't worry I'm not destoying the level just transfering to a different rank.

Ok here is a replacement level for Fun 22 which should be easier.

Just replace this one over the original(It will still list it as A feast of a level.nxlv but it's actually a new level-A Beach of a level;
for just this one level I didn't want to repack the whole fun and tricky levels)

And the Feast of a level I'm transfering it to Taxing 11 since I've made the first 10 of taxing-will be called the ascending shimmier scenario)
« Last Edit: June 30, 2020, 03:09:54 AM by ericderkovits »

Offline ericderkovits

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 17, 2020, 09:12:38 AM »
ok i've finished Taxing and the 1st 13 levels of mayhem. once I finish Mayhem I will add it to the pack and rename it Angry lemmings, instead of just my fun and tricky levels.

Also for my contest level "This room is boiling I extended it. Since I think my v5 one in the contest was too easy."

Offline Dullstar

• View Profile
    • Leafwing Studios Website (EXTREMELY OUTDATED)
« Reply #35 on: October 18, 2020, 08:57:54 AM »
I will second the suggestion by namida to update the download in the main topic; until I looked at other replies, I had no idea that I hadn't downloaded the most recent version.

Offline ericderkovits

• View Profile
Re: Angry Lemmings (Easy to medium)
« Reply #36 on: February 02, 2021, 08:56:05 PM »
Ok, I've finally finished my Angry Lemmings pack for new formats(Also had to fix 1 taxing level to work with 12.11 when released)

This pack is kind of a remix(but only sort of) of the original levels with new twists. This pack is considered easy to medium, with the more difficult ones in Taxing and Mayhem, but still considered
not too difficult, as I wanted it to be maybe slightly more difficult than the original lemmings.

It seems we need more easier packs as there just seems like there are so many difficult ones.

So just extract the file to your main Neolemmix folder (includes the levels, music(only used 16 tracks), and replays.)

Make sure you have downloaded some of the required styles as many levels used ones other than original, ohno, or xmas.

Enjoy!!!

EDIT 7/15/2021: Due to jumpers no longer being able to exit in NL 12.12.XX, in Mayhem 16 "Only a Minute", I had to add terrain under the exit so the lemming could exit after jumping. Also fixed replay for the level.

also here is just that level if you don't want to download the whole pack again. Just replace the level by putting it in the Mayhem rank of the Angry lemmings pack.

Edit 11/22/2021
Updated my mayhem 29 level to fix a backroute.
replace the level with the uploaded one.

also added WillLem's Lemminas track for Mayhem 29
« Last Edit: November 22, 2021, 09:34:27 PM by ericderkovits »