Author Topic: zx spectrum and nes neolemmix extra levels  (Read 2740 times)

Offline ericderkovits

• View Profile
zx spectrum and nes neolemmix extra levels
« on: May 29, 2020, 04:56:07 AM »
here are the zx spectrum and nes extra levels in neolemmix. I downloaded Ron Stard's zx spectrum and nes lemmings and put them into packs playable in neolemmix. I even put zx spectrums only music track into their levels and nes' 8 tracks into theirs.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2020, 05:39:27 PM by ericderkovits »

Offline WillLem

• Unity isn't sameness, it's togetherness
    • View Profile
Re: zx spectrum and nes neolemmix extra levels
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2020, 08:13:18 AM »
Nice one Eric! :thumbsup:

Offline Ron_Stard

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2020, 02:02:42 PM »
Thank you for the conversion, ericderkovits. I hope you like my recreations.
If there is any level missing or faulty, or simply you want to add any other level, let me know and I will recreate it.

Offline mantha16

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2020, 02:16:20 PM »
never played lemmings on anything other that a PC but the first console my household ever had in the mid 80s was a zx spectrum 48k so i downloaded for that so am going to enjoy it anyway hopefully

Offline Ron_Stard

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2020, 02:42:34 PM »
I noticed that this pack has 2 NES levels not made by me: Taxing 3 ("A Spot Of Bother") and Mayhem 4 ("John's Got A New Lemmings"). Don't know if they were included by mistake or simply because the look better than my recreations.

Offline ericderkovits

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2020, 04:57:29 PM »
sorry about that. I just grabbed the 1st 2. I corrected the nes pack so all of them are yours now. floppys had unlimited time on those 2 levels which nes doesn't have. yours play better and are more like the original nes versions. everybody please update the pack.
also I included the 2 new replays for those 2 levels.

Offline ccexplore

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2020, 12:49:12 AM »
I seem to remember the lemmings move a little bit faster on NES compared to traditional versions like Amiga and DOS, although it's maybe also possible the in-game timer also moves correspondingly faster as well, I don't remember about that part.  Either way, I hope the NES recreations, if keeping time limits, take into consideration that aspect and have actually tested the levels accordingly, so that generous time limits remain generous and tight ones still achievable, on the recreations in NeoLemmix.

Offline ericderkovits

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 31, 2020, 05:54:00 PM »
RE: Sift83

Regarding the music not playing for the zx spectrum pack(NL ones)

Sorry about that. Your right. I made a fresh NL 12.94 download and extracted nes/zx spectrum levels to it, and tested it and it didn't play either. When I opened the zx spectrum levels using an
NL editor, I noticed the actual levels were missing the music file in the music window, which is why they don't play. I must have uploaded the pack before I inserted the music file.

Anyways I fixed the issue with the pack. So just redownload the .rar file here or in the 1st post(which I also fixed). I also PMd you the fixed pack. see your messages.

Also thanks about mentioning my fun/tricky levels. Just to let you know I'm adding on to the pack when I finish the Mayhem levels(currently at 14). Also I've fixed some of the fun/tricky levels too
because I've noticed backroutes. I just haven't reuploaded yet. So you will probably have some levels where you solve them backrouted.

And thanks for bringing this zx spectrum music pack issue up. You are the only one to mention it.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2020, 06:11:53 PM by ericderkovits »