Author Topic: Music for Lemmings  (Read 2032 times)

Offline The Mole UK

• View Profile
Music for Lemmings
« on: June 27, 2023, 07:38:03 PM »
If I take the original Lemmings Demo (German) and swap the exe for the Holiday Lemmings 1993 exe, the colours change (because Xmas) but interestingly, it also plays new music.  So why is that?   Adlib.dat hasn't changed...

Also with OhNo! SLAMRACING cheat works, but it saves 0% not 100%.  This is a different v1.9 PD.

Online WillLem

• Unity isn't sameness, it's togetherness
    • View Profile
Re: Music for Lemmings
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2023, 12:55:15 AM »
Which platform/engine are you playing these on?

Offline The Mole UK

• View Profile
Re: Music for Lemmings
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2023, 01:59:07 AM »
My tweaked DOS Demos.
I moved an Xmas v1.9 into the Lemmings v1.9 to compare Hex to see if could edit the German Menu but the data was different.  The exe colours were off (and not all MAIN.DAT are of the same design to v1.9) it played different music, and it wasn’t Holiday.  Was like the exe caused something.  Might sample a bit of it…

I used ChatGPT to translate the Menu and then I worked out positions in Notepad and hex edited the exe to change German to English.  Only options were German.  Main is English.  But this Lemmings Demo was a v1.9.  Wanted that one as cheat works and has 4 levels.  So, good size for making a simple game.  32 is too much.  Eventually levels can be built into bigger .dat files…

OhNo! is v1.9 Data Disk or something.  This is diff to standard v1.9, the MAIN.DAT is different.  But also while SLAMRACING works, 0% are saved.  I think the exe must have some switch to change the cheatmode.  Some retail versions have password in the code but it says is incorrect.

Holiday Lemmings 1993/1994 retail have similar exes, only bug is fixed in 1994 with VGA.