Author Topic: NeoLemmix V12.9.4, Editor V1.29 released [Editor updated!]  (Read 13915 times)

Offline kaywhyn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: NeoLemmix V12.9.4, Editor V1.27 released [Styles update 2020/10/28]
« Reply #45 on: October 29, 2020, 02:01:38 PM »
I don't recall which one it was, I think it was 12.7 to 12.8, it was a fair few ago though....

If that's the case, you must had not done the upgrade correctly. I'm guessing you simply extracted the NL.exe file for the newer version into your existing one. Anytime you go from version 12.X to 12.X+1, like from 12.7 to 12.8 as you mentioned or from, say, 12.84 to 12.9, instead of extracting the NL.exe in the same folder as your existing NL directory, you needed to set up the new .exe in a different folder. Then, if you wanted to carry your current progress over to the newer version, all you had to do was copy over your settings/levels folder from the previous version to where you extracted the newer NL version. Similarly, if you're going from say 12.8 to 12.81, it's much easier and you can simply extract the NL.exe on top of your existing one. However, if you ever have doubts, you can always play it safe and make a new folder before extracting the contents of the newer version and then copy over the settings/levels folder.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCPMqwuqZ206rBWJrUC6wkrA - My YouTube channel and you can also find my playlists of Lemmings level packs that I have LPed
kaywhyn's blog: https://www.lemmingsforums.net/index.php?topic=5363.0

Offline Nota_Steve

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: October 29, 2020, 02:02:59 PM »
That makes sense, I've been doing it wrong. Thanks for help =]

Offline IchoTolot

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: October 29, 2020, 02:07:39 PM »
If that's the case, you must had not done the upgrade correctly. I'm guessing you simply extracted the NL.exe file for the newer version into your existing one. Anytime you go from version 12.X to 12.X+1, like from 12.7 to 12.8 as you mentioned or from, say, 12.84 to 12.9, instead of extracting the NL.exe in the same folder as your existing NL directory, you needed to set up the new .exe in a different folder.

That is not 100% correct. From version to version there are also special upgrades  like "12.84-->12.9" which can simply be extracted in the older versions folder. These are several files though and not only the main exe. I for example, always used the same folder and just upgraded. A new folder and carrying over your levels+setting is totally fine though.

Offline kaywhyn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: October 29, 2020, 02:20:40 PM »
If that's the case, you must had not done the upgrade correctly. I'm guessing you simply extracted the NL.exe file for the newer version into your existing one. Anytime you go from version 12.X to 12.X+1, like from 12.7 to 12.8 as you mentioned or from, say, 12.84 to 12.9, instead of extracting the NL.exe in the same folder as your existing NL directory, you needed to set up the new .exe in a different folder.

That is not 100% correct. From version to version there are also special upgrades  like "12.84-->12.9" which can simply be extracted in the older versions folder. These are several files though and not only the main exe. I for example, always used the same folder and just upgraded. A new folder and carrying over your levels+setting is totally fine though.

Thanks for this. Seems like I've been doing unnecessary work on my part. I had a feeling this statement of mine was not entirely correct. I simply couldn't think of examples of 12.X and 12.X+1 where you can just extract in your old NL directory instead of setting up a new one. It's like I said, one can always play it safe and copy over settings/levels folder if one is ever in doubt, i.e, I had always heeded namida's advice in the OP regarding going from 12.X to 12.X+1 :P
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCPMqwuqZ206rBWJrUC6wkrA - My YouTube channel and you can also find my playlists of Lemmings level packs that I have LPed
kaywhyn's blog: https://www.lemmingsforums.net/index.php?topic=5363.0

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
Re: NeoLemmix V12.9.4, Editor V1.29 released [Editor updated!]
« Reply #49 on: November 06, 2020, 05:53:14 PM »
Editor V1.29 released. Full changelog in first post - no particular major feature but lots of fixes and minor nice things.

Download link: https://www.neolemmix.com/download.php?id=451
My Lemmings projects
2D Lemmings: NeoLemmix (engine) | Lemmings Plus Series (level packs) | Doomsday Lemmings (level pack)
3D Lemmings: Loap (engine) | L3DEdit (level / graphics editor) | L3DUtils (replay / etc utility) | Lemmings Plus 3D (level pack)