Author Topic: Extracting levels from the Amiga version  (Read 19961 times)

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
Re: Extracting levels from the Amiga version
« Reply #45 on: May 26, 2020, 02:38:49 AM »
I fixed the links in my previous posts.

I also ripped the "demo" and "bookclub" levels, but I can't recall if there were any differences:
https://www.camanis.net/lemmings/files/rips/levels/

The Bookclub version has a unique Tricky 21 and Taxing 20, the other levels are the same as either normal or Budget (I forget which) version.
My Lemmings projects
2D Lemmings: NeoLemmix (engine) | Lemmings Plus Series (level packs) | Doomsday Lemmings (level pack)
3D Lemmings: Loap (engine) | L3DEdit (level / graphics editor) | L3DUtils (replay / etc utility) | Lemmings Plus 3D (level pack)

Offline WillLem

• Unity isn't sameness, it's togetherness
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: May 26, 2020, 08:18:13 PM »
I fixed the links in my previous posts.

I also ripped the "demo" and "bookclub" levels, but I can't recall if there were any differences:
https://www.camanis.net/lemmings/files/rips/levels/

Thanks for this, Mindless. I'm sure these will come in very handy for the proposed conversion project. Please do get involved if you're interested.

Offline ericderkovits

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: May 27, 2020, 12:09:22 AM »
Thanks, the 2 book club ones I didnt have as the restored ones (through the graveyard and something weighing on your mind)
Now I know my old lemmix player and neolemmix player uses the restored ones-not that it's too noticable when playing the 2 levels, just now the width is now at 1584 for all my lemmix and neolemmix players). The original lemmings and the extra levels all work with the restored ones(also the demo version of orig). Haven't yet played the ohno or holiday ones, but will soon. Still testing all my original lemmings ones making sure they play the correct music). It's cumbersome to put music into neolemmix levels, have to do it level by level. I wish the neolemmix editor was able to read a text file with prearranged ones. Superlemmini  it's much quicker. I can just change the music one for whichever version of lemmings I'm using(orig, ohno, holiday, etc) or whether i'm using dos, amiga or SNES.

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #48 on: May 27, 2020, 01:38:23 AM »
It's cumbersome to put music into neolemmix levels, have to do it level by level. I wish the neolemmix editor was able to read a text file with prearranged ones.

Are you trying to achieve an arbitrary "random" order like Genesis does, or are you just after a "at the end of rank, go back to the first track" setup? If it's the latter - Lemmings Plus I and II do this, take a look at their "music.nxmi" files. ;)
My Lemmings projects
2D Lemmings: NeoLemmix (engine) | Lemmings Plus Series (level packs) | Doomsday Lemmings (level pack)
3D Lemmings: Loap (engine) | L3DEdit (level / graphics editor) | L3DUtils (replay / etc utility) | Lemmings Plus 3D (level pack)

Offline ericderkovits

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: May 27, 2020, 01:54:27 AM »
At least for the originals games(orig, ohno, holiday 93(xmas songs), holiday 93 and 94 (ohno songs), xmas 91, xmas 92 and even
the demo one for the amiga and dos ones. not sure about the order of genesis ones. but at least for the amiga and dos)