Author Topic: Changes for the Sega styles for Lemmings Reunion  (Read 2203 times)

Offline ericderkovits

• View Profile
Changes for the Sega styles for Lemmings Reunion
« on: August 28, 2020, 04:16:41 AM »
I just noticed after using the Mod feature for Lemmings Reunion, that the Sega reunion replays were broken due to the Style Sega had slits on it. I think it's because the normal Sega style was interferring with the Reunions Sega style. So what I did was In the Mod folder for Lemmings Reunion's Sega style was just change the folder name to SegaR, change the Sega.ini to SegaR.ini,
and all the Sega gif files in the Sega folder to SegaR gif.

This did the trick.

Also since the Mod folder is for Reunions styles, just make sure your regular styles folder is set to the normal styles, otherwise if you have your regular styles folder set to Reunion then your Sega
12 extra levels styles will be broken.

I tested all of this stuff.  So by changing the Sega styles within the Mod for Reunion to SegaR everything plays now, all 5 of Reunions levels that use the Sega style(1 per rank) and the 12 extra
Sega levels.

So Now extract this new .rar file so this will fix the levels in the mod folder for Reunion. (everything will fall into place)

No other styles or levels were affected. I had to run all my reunion replays to make sure they all worked since I have the mod folder now for Reunion.

NOTE: also I changed it in my dropbox link for the mods and 5 levels affected(inside each level.ini I changed styles = Sega to Styles = SegaR

« Last Edit: October 18, 2020, 01:20:34 AM by ericderkovits »

Online kaywhyn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Changes for the Sega styles for Lemmings Reunion
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2021, 12:32:21 AM »
Hi eric,

Looks like I require your technical assistance once more. The Lemmings Reunion Sega levels are fine (I have your SegaR folder and SegaR.ini), and the Sega extra levels are mostly ok. In the 12 levels, I have the problem in that the the trapdoor appears twice, and in the first level, there is a constant dripping animation of a lemming in the leaky faucet water trap. I'm not sure how to fix this.

Perhaps the easiest thing is that you can tell me what my Superlemmini directory is supposed to look like. For example, in my styles folder I have both Sega and SegaR folders. Perhaps there might be something wrong with my .ini files? How many files should there be in each of the Sega folders? The SegaR one has 120 files, while my normal Sega folder has 246. It's probably because I might have duplicates?

Update: Ah, so in my Sega styles folder I found there I have both a segao_1.png and a segao_1.gif, which are the trapdoor images. If I take one of them out, that fixes the trapdoor problem in the levels. So, I definitely have duplicates. Therefore, it's easiest to simply say how many files there should be in there, or if you have the current one you have that you can send.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCPMqwuqZ206rBWJrUC6wkrA - My YouTube channel and you can also find my playlists of Lemmings level packs that I have LPed
kaywhyn's blog: https://www.lemmingsforums.net/index.php?topic=5363.0

Offline ericderkovits

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2021, 02:01:30 AM »
hi Kaywhyn. I've been trying to figure out this too. From what you're describing seems is what I have. Not sure why your's is not working. it seems in your sega and SegaR folder the number of files seems to be correct. So I can't figure out why its not working for you. Although the SegaR folder isn't in my regular styles folder, it's only in my Lemmings Reunion mods styles folder. (see above post)

also I have a folder called segaother and one called special_sega. But not sure what's going on here either. The Sega styles seems to be the most problematic of any styles.

but here are my 3 sega folders that are in my regular styles folder. maybe your's is different. try replacing yours with mine.

Also here is my 12 sega levels pack that goes into the main levels folder of SL.
 i
« Last Edit: January 30, 2021, 02:16:37 AM by ericderkovits »

Online kaywhyn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2021, 03:58:52 AM »
You're awesome, man. Replacing the folders with yours did the trick. Yea, you're right in that all the files are the same, and so the extra Sega levels should had worked just fine for me. However, after some sleuthing, I found that my sega.ini file I have is way different from yours. Thus, it seems that the only file that needed replacing was the sega.ini one. Indeed, I copied your folders to another location and put my original sega and sega levels back. I had the problems with the extra Sega levels again, but once I replaced just my sega.ini file with yours, then the 12 levels worked fine. Also, Superlemmini complains that the SegaR folder is missing if I don't have it inside the styles folder. Even if it's just inside the mods folder, it doesn't work, but once I have it inside the normal styles folder, then the Lemmings Reunion Sega levels load fine without crashing. No biggie, though.

Anyway, I attached my sega.ini file, and you'll see it's way different from yours. Thanks for your sega.ini file :thumbsup: I'll be using that since it fixed the 12 levels for me.

Now I have the itch to play through Lemmings Reunion again. I have your video to thank for that since I just recently opened up HurtMePlenty 25, because I somewhat vaguely remembered avoiding needing to use 2 bashers on the slope in Lemmini. Too bad I never saved any replays from before, so I can't say for sure if I'm remembering correctly. I likely didn't, since there's not enough time to do everything with just 1 lemming on Lemmini. So, I should have an LP of it in a few weeks ;) For NL, though. After that's done, I will turn to your SL conversion of the pack.

Also I'm remembering how excellent the pack is, hence my wanting to play through it again.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCPMqwuqZ206rBWJrUC6wkrA - My YouTube channel and you can also find my playlists of Lemmings level packs that I have LPed

Offline ericderkovits

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2021, 04:30:39 AM »
yes your sega.ini is different but it's the SegaR.ini one that is in my reunion mod styles folder as I renamed it to SegaR(See 2 posts earlier). so yes the normal sega.ini file that is in the normal styles folder now is different. I'm sure that was the reason my sega ones had problems too. So I got the sega.ini one that worked.

Although I can't exactly remember what I did to get the correct sega.ini, maybe it was posted by someone else(can't remember), who posted the 12 levels who used this sega.ini one

Anyways, glad to see it working for you now.  Also i know this style set just seems to be problematic.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2021, 04:39:04 AM by ericderkovits »

Online kaywhyn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2021, 05:19:31 AM »
Yea, I remember you experiencing problems with the Sega style when you were converting Pacguy's pack. I don't know if you're willing to give it another try, but if not, no worries. His pack is the most problematic when it comes to the Sega style, but from what I've seen and read it was also a hassle in other packs when you were converting, not just Pacguy's. At least the other ones were successfully converted, but it seems that Pacguy's cannot be converted. It's such a shame too, because his pack is quite good. They're good, but they're not easy levels at all.

Offline ericderkovits

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2021, 05:25:56 AM »
actually Kaywhyn it wasn't the sega styles that made me cancel the pack, It was a Supermario style level that wouldn't work in SL.

here is the thread showing this

https://www.lemmingsforums.net/index.php?topic=5120.msg85754#msg85754