Author Topic: Level Design Contest #20 - Playing Phase (Discussion Topic)  (Read 23092 times)

Offline Crane

• View Profile
Re: Level Design Contest #20 - Playing Phase (Discussion Topic)
« Reply #120 on: June 25, 2020, 09:13:11 AM »
You did not just do that on Splashdown!!!!

I was afraid something like that would happen with Wrong-side Failure though.  Hopefully the next updates are more concrete.

Offline IchoTolot

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: June 25, 2020, 01:49:47 PM »
Resolved.

Offline Crane

• View Profile
« Reply #122 on: June 28, 2020, 08:59:51 AM »
Just to note I uploaded new versions a couple of days ago.  Hopefully they're fixed at last... barely in time!

Offline IchoTolot

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: June 28, 2020, 11:21:30 AM »
Saw it, but I am just not able to play at the time as I am at my hometown currently.

Still, your updates are perfectly viable.

I will most likely be back at the 30th and will then set up the voting phase over the next days. :)

Offline Crane

• View Profile
« Reply #124 on: June 28, 2020, 07:43:38 PM »
Aah, that's good to know.  Sorry I've left it so late.

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #125 on: June 28, 2020, 08:48:25 PM »
Before the playing phase closes; here's my intended solution replay to Angel Wing. I believe this also doubles as a max-saved solution (saves 34), but feel free to prove me wrong.
My Lemmings projects
2D Lemmings: NeoLemmix (engine) | Lemmings Plus Series (level packs) | Doomsday Lemmings (level pack)
3D Lemmings: Loap (engine) | L3DEdit (level / graphics editor) | L3DUtils (replay / etc utility) | Lemmings Plus 3D (level pack)

Offline Crane

• View Profile
« Reply #126 on: June 29, 2020, 05:56:29 AM »
And here are the intended solutions to my levels.  You can complete Wrong-side Failure in a slower, more sloppy way (i.e. delay the Digger), but that doesn't net you the talisman.

Offline Dullstar

• View Profile
    • Leafwing Studios Website (EXTREMELY OUTDATED)
« Reply #127 on: July 01, 2020, 02:22:52 AM »
I found a bug with the editor (that resulted in incorrect talisman requirements in the level) while making the intended solution replays for Athletic Rescue Operation, so now the version number for that level's reached double digits! I also noticed when I went through the thread to delete the v9 post that the v5 post somehow survived. Oops.

I'm not aware of any backroutes for Tunnel Project so that level's been comparatively simple to deal with. There actually is a v2 of the level, but I've chosen not to push the update, since it's just a style consistency change for when I put it in a level pack later, as that pack will not be using variable spawn interval or time limits. v1 is compliant with no time limits, since that's default, but the level was made shortly before I made the decision that the pack would not be featuring variable spawn interval at all (I'd already chosen not to use it for puzzles); thus, the spawn interval is not locked. All v2 did was lock the spawn interval, and I didn't want to push a contest update for that.

Anyway, here's the replays.

The talisman replay for Athletic Rescue Operation gets both talismans, but since Optimization Lv. 1 is to save one of the two optional bashers (provided for the player's convenience), and Optimization Lv. 2 is to save both optional bashers, the two optimzations featured in the replay can be applied independently of each other for two different ways to obtain Optimization Lv. 1.

Offline Armani

• :D
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: July 01, 2020, 05:27:58 AM »
As the playing phase end, here I attached replays of the intended solutions of my levels. :D
My newest Neolemmix level pack : Lemmings Halloween 2023 :D 8-)

About Armani: Armani's Blog
My NL level packs(in chronological order):
  Lemmings Uncharted [Medium~Extreme]
  Xmas Lemmings 2021 [Easy~Very Hard]
  Lemmings Halloween 2023 [Easy-Very Hard]