Author Topic: Shmolems: For Real This Time  (Read 1978 times)

Offline Shmolem

• View Profile
Re: Shmolems: For Real This Time
« Reply #15 on: May 03, 2020, 10:49:10 PM »
Just a question: Is there are way to organize levels in a specific order without having to use the flexi tool kit?

Offline Proxima

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 03, 2020, 10:52:16 PM »
Flexi toolkit is outdated -- it's part of old formats NL.

Copy the "levels.nxmi" files from an existing pack, and make your own by replacing the rank and level names with the names from your pack.

Offline Shmolem

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 03, 2020, 11:06:12 PM »
Thank you! I’ve been trying for so long to figure out how to do that!

Offline Shmolem

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 04, 2020, 07:36:02 PM »
Getting close to finishing simple! I some of the levels are a bit harder than others so I’ll try to put them in an order that goes from easiest to hardest. But basically simple is just little puzzles. The hardest part about making a pack in my opinion is getting the ideas. I’m still wondering how some people can make packs with over 200 levels. Where do you get the ideas?
« Last Edit: May 04, 2020, 07:43:08 PM by Shmolem »

Offline Shmolem

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 05, 2020, 08:04:22 PM »
A couple of my personal favorite levels from Simple so far.

Offline Shmolem

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 21, 2020, 04:09:38 AM »
OMG I finally finished Simple it took me AGES to think of ideas!!

Offline Shmolem

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 21, 2020, 07:11:48 PM »
Half way through the making of the pack now. I need everyone to know that at times the difficulty could potentially be all over the place but I tried to order them easiest to hardest.Edit: One thing I need to clear up is the fact that moderate levels won’t be necessarily harder than simple levels. They have a small puzzle that includes a “trick” with a skill/skills.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2020, 11:26:26 PM by Shmolem »

Offline WillLem

• #Boxxy4Queen
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 24, 2020, 12:55:42 PM »
Sounds like this will be an interesting pack, Shmolem! :lemcat:

Offline Shmolem

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 26, 2020, 07:31:32 AM »
Yeah I’m sure it will be, also, the last rank advanced will include the puzzle type stuff from simple and the skill tricks from moderate and put both of those things together. Yeah moderate still has SOME puzzle but not a lot. I’m excited to get this pack finished and see what people think. Oh yeah and by the way every level so far uses a different tileset maybe I could keep that going. So those pictures a few posts up that’s the only time you’ll be seeing the purple and sports tilesets.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2020, 08:01:59 AM by Shmolem »

Offline Shmolem

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 08, 2020, 09:59:41 PM »
I’m excited to get this pack finished! I’ve been playing plenty of lemmings levels and it’s really helping me with ideas. Moderate should be done soon enough unless I get stuck with level ideas again.
I’ve decided to rename the rank moderate to trickery because moderate makes the rank sound harder than simple but it really isn’t it just shows off tricks hence the name trickery. You may have also noticed I’ve finished an Advanced level because at first it was supposed to be for trickery but then it had more puzzle in it then I wanted so I figured it would be better for advanced.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2020, 01:37:23 AM by Shmolem »

Offline Shmolem

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 09, 2020, 06:49:09 PM »
Easily my best level design-wise.

Offline Shmolem

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 21, 2020, 01:04:17 AM »
I know I haven’t posted here in forever. But I just want to say that Shmolems is not cancelled. I’m just playing plenty of other levels to help spark ideas

Offline Shmolem

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 21, 2020, 06:23:00 AM »
I’m here to make an announcement

So I’ve decided to completely take out the Trickery rank as I don’t like the levels in it and I find some of them to be overall very messy and rushed. And others so bland looking and boring. But whatever. The pack will be finished eventually.. I promise.