Author Topic: Favourite training level?  (Read 8272 times)

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
Favourite training level?
« on: July 24, 2004, 09:38:57 AM »
Which is your favourite training level?

Mine would have to be "Tailor Made For Blockers"... finding all the different routes(not that there are THAT many, i only know of three) is fun.
My Lemmings projects
2D Lemmings: NeoLemmix (engine) | Lemmings Plus Series (level packs) | Doomsday Lemmings (level pack)
3D Lemmings: Loap (engine) | L3DEdit (level / graphics editor) | L3DUtils (replay / etc utility) | Lemmings Plus 3D (level pack)

Lemeri

Re: Favourite training level?
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2004, 03:28:13 PM »
If I had to pick one, I'd say Tailor Made For Blockers, too. But actually, I don't like any of the training levels.

Conway

« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2004, 06:17:41 PM »
I think it would have to be either 'You Live and Lem' or 'A Beast of a Level', because they allow many different solutions to be used. I don't like any of the first few with only one type of skill.

Anatol

« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2004, 07:27:37 PM »
I agree with Conway: only one skill is really boring ;P. I much prefer the Mild skill level in ONML, where you have lots of abilities to choose from, even though the levels are easy!

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2004, 09:47:42 PM »
Conway: "You live and lem" and "A Beast of a level" aren't training levels.
My Lemmings projects
2D Lemmings: NeoLemmix (engine) | Lemmings Plus Series (level packs) | Doomsday Lemmings (level pack)
3D Lemmings: Loap (engine) | L3DEdit (level / graphics editor) | L3DUtils (replay / etc utility) | Lemmings Plus 3D (level pack)

Lemeri

« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2004, 10:15:08 PM »
A training level is one of the ones in which you are only given one skill, and the soulution is obvoius. The point of the level is to teach you how to use the skill.

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #6 on: July 24, 2004, 10:47:02 PM »
Not nessecerially.

Two of them - "Now use Miners and Climbers" and "A Task For Blockers And Bombers" give you more than one skill.
My Lemmings projects

Offline Timballisto

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 25, 2004, 12:21:19 PM »
Hey!  New idea fer levels!  A type of level that gives you a variety of solutions and options along with some varying skills.  This could mean very super large, less organized levels.  Insteresting.........

remline

« Reply #8 on: July 27, 2004, 08:12:28 PM »
The best thing to do on training levels is to use miners and bashers to "smooth out" the level and then lay bits of bridge over the ground to give it a nice carpeting. Then your lems can walk across the ground in absolute luxury.  B)

hydraboxdog

« Reply #9 on: August 19, 2004, 03:00:49 AM »
I like the "We all fall down" set.

Lemeri

« Reply #10 on: August 19, 2004, 01:25:15 PM »
2 things:

1: We All Fall Down aren't training levels.
2: Those are the worst levels in the whole game.

Ice_Eagle91

« Reply #11 on: August 20, 2004, 04:31:57 AM »
I don't like all the training levels. Well, I kinda like Fun 5 & 7, but the rest are not my type.

I have no idea why Steaver made the training levels in his L+2.

Another thing about WAFD:

3. The CD version of the WAFD levels are lame-o!

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #12 on: August 20, 2004, 10:57:00 PM »
I made the training levels as place-fillers. I couldn't be bothered thinking of anything else. :P
My Lemmings projects