Author Topic: [NeoLemmix] Lemminas (64 Levels) [Difficulty: Medium] [1.06 UPDATE]  (Read 35856 times)

Offline mantha16

• View Profile
Hmm I had the most up to date version but just in case I've messed something up which is quite likely I'm gonna delete everything and start over.

Offline mantha16

• View Profile
Well whatever the issue was reinstalling everything seems to have worked. Just have to redo all my progress lol.  Also I've never played in high resolution before noticing all these little details I've never noticed before. I'm very much enjoying that.

Thanks WillLem as always

Offline Proxima

• View Profile
Just have to redo all my progress lol.

Try using the "mass replay check" feature (F7 on the main menu). It should restore completion ticks for every level where your replay still solves it.

Offline WillLem

• Unity isn't sameness, it's togetherness
    • View Profile
Well whatever the issue was reinstalling everything seems to have worked. Just have to redo all my progress lol.  Also I've never played in high resolution before noticing all these little details I've never noticed before. I'm very much enjoying that.

Thanks WillLem as always

This is great news, I'm glad to know you've got it working. :thumbsup:

Thanks for your kind comments, and for giving the Hi-Res mode a try! (if you haven't done so already, be sure to turn the High Quality minimap off if you experience any lag issues).

I'd love to see your replays when you've completed the game. Also, +1 for trying what Proxima suggested re: performing a Mass Replay Check to restore your progress where relevant.

All the best! :lemcat:
« Last Edit: April 02, 2020, 02:39:09 PM by WillLem »

Offline mantha16

• View Profile

This is great news, I'm glad to know you've got it working. :thumbsup:

Thanks for your kind comments, and for giving the Hi-Res mode a try! (if you haven't done so already, be sure to turn the High Quality minimap off if you experience any lag issues).

I'd love to see your replays when you've completed the game. Also, +1 for trying what Proxima suggested re: performing a Mass Replay Check to restore your progress where relevant.

All the best! :lemcat:
[/quote]

I deleted literally everything so there's nothing to restore and to share replays to I just copy the relevant reply files and add them as a zipped file. Sorry I'm quite the technophobe.

Offline WillLem

• View Profile
I deleted literally everything so there's nothing to restore and to share replays to I just copy the relevant reply files and add them as a zipped file. Sorry I'm quite the technophobe.

No worries Mantha, have fun playing through it all again! Let me know how you get on :lemcat:

Offline WillLem

• View Profile
Bonus V1.01b Folder now Uploaded to OP!

The folder contains graphics for the high-resolution skill panel, plus custom menu background and text graphics:

Simply place the graphics directly into the root folder for the levelpack, i.e. NeoLemmix>levels>Lemminas (replace if prompted).

It also contains a backroute fix for Pandemonium 16 - Rendezvous at the Mountain Part II. Place this into NeoLemmix>levels>Lemminas>Pandemonium (replace if prompted).

Thank you for enjoying Lemminas!

Bonus V1.01b Folder now Uploaded to OP!
« Last Edit: April 13, 2020, 02:14:24 PM by WillLem »

Offline DireKrow

• Noisy Crow
    • View Profile
I finished Lemminas~ (for now). Replays attached. Note that these are all from the previous version, so prior to the Pand 16 fixes (though we already talked about that on the discord anyway). It gets about half of the talismans. I'll get the other half later.

Congratulations on getting it finished and released. Looking forward to seeing more levels from you in the future.

Also, the music is a standout.
LOTY 2020 Winner
My NeoLemmix Levels: The Krow Files (File A v1.2 released 21-Feb-2020)

Offline Proxima

• View Profile
Replays for the Magical rank, with all talismans. Really great, fun levels, and I love the music and the new graphics! :thumbsup:

My only suggestion for tweaking: Levels 3 and 4 have talismans that are effectively "use at most N of each skill", but the requirement is set by limiting each skill separately. The editor supports "at most N of each skill" as a talisman type, and this would be clearer for the player -- especially at first sight, when they see "at most 4 walkers, 4 blockers, 4 platformers, 4 builders" and think they have to commit this to memory, not yet knowing that those are the only skill types available in the level.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2020, 05:38:47 PM by Proxima »

Offline WillLem

• View Profile
Congratulations on getting it finished and released. Looking forward to seeing more levels from you in the future.

Also, the music is a standout.

Replays for the Magical rank, with all talismans. Really great, fun levels, and I love the music and the new graphics! :thumbsup:

Thanks guys, really glad you're enjoying the pack!

The editor supports "at most N of each skill" as a talisman type, and this would be clearer for the player

Got it, thanks Proxima. This'll be implemented in V1.01c.

Some specific comments on the replays:

Proxima's Magical Replays

You've beaten my times for We Like To Dig Too, Lemmina Loop Prevention Service and Revenge of the Ice Cream Monster, so well done there!

Your solution for Pyramids of Lem (Under a PepsiCola Sky) is my favourite so far: I like how you timed the actions so the lemminas flow around and basically don't stop moving.

All solutions are either intended or decent alternatives. I'm looking forward to your replays for Sensational!

DireKrow's Replays
Magical:

You beat my time for We Like To Dig Too, but Proxima holds the current record at 15 seconds. You, however, now hold the record for Lemmina Loop Prevention Service at 1:24.71!

You also hold the record for Lemminas Go Forth at 00:56.41.

Sensational:
Your solution to Backroute To The Future is, in fact, a backroute! :crylaugh: So far no-one who's shared replays has done the top-route solution...

I liked your route and general solution to The Continuum, I was wondering when
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Your solution to The Refrigerator makes a perfect smiley face! :crylaugh:

Tricksy:

I like your crowd control solution to The Milkshake Machine, although it did cost you the Gold talisman. Have another look at

Very clever alternative solution for the ending of Day Of The Daredevils III:

Very subtle, very clever way of ensuring
in POOR WEE CREATURETTES, this was good to see and I wondered why you did it at first!

The very last action you took in Nessy II was a mini-backroute, but it's so obvious that I feel like I should've realised that could happen! :crylaugh: I'll leave it as is, that level's complicated enough!

Haha I didn't even see what you did in Just a Second..., but you got it in 0:00.94 so it must have been right. :thumbsup:

Pandemonium:

There's only one thing you'd need to do differently on Milkshake Party to get the 6 Walkers talisman...! Otherwise, this solution is spot on.

Thanks for getting the intended Lemgate solution!

I liked your carefully considered use of the skills in The Cherry Cola Conundrum to make sure

29 Walkers in Staircase To Nowhere III: this is super impressive, I'm pretty sure that's the current record. I can't do any better than 33!

Very nice trick for Save Us, looks a lot neater than the intended solution as well. I might introduce a talisman for this in V1.01c.

There's a much quicker way of
on Nothing is Impossible which involves the same trick, but saves a lot of time so you can go for those Cloner pickups!

Your second solution to Rendezvous II is hilarious, I'm definitely leaving this as a possible solution!

All other solutions are intended/decent alternatives. Watching your solving skills generally makes me think you could definitely go back and get a few more of those talismans. ;P

Thanks for enjoying the pack guys, it's great to see these replays. Proxima - do an LP of Tricksy!
« Last Edit: April 16, 2020, 01:33:08 PM by WillLem »

Offline Proxima

• View Profile
Replays for Sensational, with all talismans. This was a nice rank too, and the good levels were trickier and more interesting than the previous rank, but it also had more problematic parts.

Feedback by level (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: April 16, 2020, 07:39:55 PM by Proxima »

Offline WillLem

• View Profile
Re: [NeoLemmix] Lemminas Records
« Reply #56 on: April 16, 2020, 06:58:16 PM »
Some new records:

Magical:

3 - Mind The Gap... - 1:27.47
4 - Lemdon Bridge - 2:16.65
5 - Lemmina Loop Prevention Service - 0:58.35
8 - Pyramids of Lem (Under a PepsiCola Sky) - 0:56.47
9 - Send Them Soaring - 0:38.94
10 - Just Shimmy! - 0:57.41
12 - Climbing in the Moonlight - 0:34.41
14 - Lemminas Go Forth - 0:48.76
16 - Revenge of the Ice Cream Monster - 1:49.29

Sensational:

3 - Backroute To The Future - 0:53.00
6 - Hurry! - 1:25.18 (Optimisation of Proxima's solution)
10 - The Strange Boutique - 0:56.53 (Optimisation of DireKrow's solution)
11 - The Refrigerator - 2:03.53
14 - Race To The Top - 1:11.76

I'd also like to take this opportunity to give Armani a mention for the Gold talisman solution for The Unnecessarily Tall Pillars. He provided an alternative solution to the original version and the talisman is derived from his solution; the level has changed since then, but the solution is essentially the same. The record in the OP is therefore an optimised version of Armani's solution for this level.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2020, 02:59:34 AM by WillLem »

Offline WillLem

• View Profile
Well done on completing Sensational with all talismans Proxima, I've had a look at your replays and there's some genuinely great stuff in there!

In particular, I loved your solutions to Backroute To The Future, Hurry and your 0-Basher talisman solution for The Continuum - the first two have set new time records and the latter a new skills record, deservedly so. I could tell you were aiming to conserve skills as much as possible, and it made for a very interesting replay.

N.B. Your replay for level 10 seems to be missing from the zip folder.

Response to Proxima's Feedback (click to show/hide)

Thanks again for your kind comments and feedback, I'll look at making a couple of subtle tweaks to V1.01c based on what you've said. Since I've started keeping records though, I don't really want to do anything that will affect the current existing replays unless it's something that definitely needs to be changed.

I will certainly get those talismans fixed though, at the very least.

Looking forward to your Tricksy feedback (and LP! ;P)
« Last Edit: November 25, 2020, 02:49:37 PM by WillLem »

Offline WillLem

• View Profile
Lemminas now has its very own Records Table for time, amount saved and total skills used.

Have a look and let me know if you've managed to improve on any of the existing records. Please ensure you have the latest version of Lemminas (V1.04) and please do send over your replays for record verification.

Thanks!

WillLem :lemcat:
« Last Edit: January 28, 2022, 03:16:51 PM by WillLem »

Offline Proxima

• View Profile
Re: [NeoLemmix] Lemminas Records
« Reply #59 on: April 16, 2020, 09:13:44 PM »
Here's Lemmina Loop Prevention Service with 8 skills. The record for Send Them Soaring should obviously be 12 skills.