Author Topic: NeoLemmix V12.8.2, Editor V1.20 Release  (Read 4595 times)

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
NeoLemmix V12.8.2, Editor V1.20 Release
« on: February 15, 2020, 09:51:06 PM »
The moment you've all (well, some of you, anyway) been waiting for... NeoLemmix V12.8.0 is here!

The big feature, of course, is the new high-resolution mode. One of the biggest things that has put some people off using NeoLemmix is the low resolution compared to (Super)Lemmini and Lix - well, that's a thing of the past now, NeoLemmix now supports high resolution. This is optional, you can still play in low-resolution if you prefer. Note that this is purely a visual thing - gameplay physics remain in low-resolution (and are completely unchanged from V12.7.X) regardless of your visual settings.

Another pretty major feature is that the online options for style downloading and update checks are finally back! Due to this, there's no longer a need to download a huge styles download - NeoLemmix now ships with the L1 / OhNo styles (plus a few others - "default", "xmas", "special" and "examples"), and the rest can be downloaded with the Style Manager in the settings menu - or if you turn online features on, NeoLemmix can attempt to download them when you play a level that requires them. NeoLemmix can also alert you to when individual styles are updated, provided you originally downloaded them through the style manager.

As far as the smaller features go, we've got a hotkey to skip forward until the highlit lemming's action changes (or he dies), and the fall distance ruler finally has a way to account for climbers hitting their head. Gameplay also no longer terminates when you run out of time on time-limited levels; instead, lemmings just won't exit anymore, so you can keep playing to see how far off you were, or to experiment with various options, et cetera. We've also got some tweaks to the Blocker and Digger sprites, so you can more clearly see which way they're facing, and a few graphical tweaks to some of the one-way arrows in official styles. Finally, Clear Physics Mode now shows the exact spawn position from entrances - and there's a marker on the fall distance ruler for measuring from it (this is due to a bug that won't be fixed until V12.9).

There's no major changes in the editor - compatibility with one minor new thing for secondary animations; aside from that it's just a few general fixes. Note that the editor does not support high-res mode and probably never will.

Custom content should not need any changes, though you may want to add high-resolution graphics to your styles - it's optional, though.

Huge thanks to WillLem for the vast majority of the work on lemming sprites (especially the high-resolution and xmas ones).

Changelog (V12.8.0 -> V12.8.1) (click to show/hide)

Changelog (V12.8.1 -> V12.8.2) (click to show/hide)

Download: https://www.neolemmix.com/download.php?id=394 (permalink to V12.8.2) (see reply #9 for upgrade from V12.8.0)
Styles: https://www.neolemmix.com/download.php?id=393 (permalink to 2020-03-01)
Editor: https://www.neolemmix.com/download.php?id=392 (permalink to V1.20)

You no longer need to download the styles; this is just provided for if you want to quickly grab all of them in one go. You can instead download styles as needed in-game.

If you are upgrading from V12.7.X, please set up in a new folder (you can copy over your Levels and Settings folders). If you are upgrading from V12.8.0 RC builds, you can just extract over the top of it.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2020, 04:21:13 AM by namida »
My Lemmings projects
2D Lemmings: NeoLemmix (engine) | Lemmings Plus Series (level packs) | Doomsday Lemmings (level pack)
3D Lemmings: Loap (engine) | L3DEdit (level / graphics editor) | L3DUtils (replay / etc utility) | Lemmings Plus 3D (level pack)

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
Re: NeoLemmix V12.8.0 Release
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2020, 09:51:12 PM »
(Reserved)
My Lemmings projects
2D Lemmings: NeoLemmix (engine) | Lemmings Plus Series (level packs) | Doomsday Lemmings (level pack)
3D Lemmings: Loap (engine) | L3DEdit (level / graphics editor) | L3DUtils (replay / etc utility) | Lemmings Plus 3D (level pack)

Offline WillLem

• Unity isn't sameness, it's togetherness
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2020, 01:46:46 AM »
Thanks for the shout-out. These sprites have been a labour of love, I am very thankful to have been involved in this version of the already-brilliant NeoLemmix platform. :thumbsup:

Offline IchoTolot

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2020, 01:03:33 PM »
I can confirm that there were no breaking replays detected in DoveLems, PinoLems, Reunion and United in a mass replay check after updating. :)

Offline Strato Incendus

• The King of Shimmiers (crowned by Flopsy ;D )
  • #RIP Spearer/Grenader (2020 - 2021)
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2020, 08:09:13 PM »
Yay! Gotta try that High-Res Mode at last and bring back the feeling of playing Lemmings on Mac back then ad a kid! Thanks as always for all your work, namida! :thumbsup:
My packs so far:
Lemmings World Tour (New & Old Formats), my music-themed flagship pack, 320 levels - Let's Played by Colorful Arty
Lemmings Open Air, my newest release and follow-up to World Tour, 120 levels
Paralems (Old Formats), a more flavour-driven one, 150 levels
Pit Lems (Old Formats), a more puzzly one, 100 levels - Let's Played by nin10doadict
Lemmicks, a pack for (very old) NeoLemmix 1.43 full of gimmicks, 170 levels

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
Re: NeoLemmix V12.8.0, Editor V1.19 Release
« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2020, 06:53:57 PM »
Editor V1.19 is here, download link in first post. Just some minor improvements, mostly.
My Lemmings projects

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
Re: NeoLemmix V12.8.1, Editor V1.19 Release
« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2020, 04:48:45 AM »
V12.8.1 released. This fixes two purely visual bugs - one relating to talisman texts, one relating to Cloner pickup skills.

You can use the attached ZIP to upgrade from V12.8.0 stable. Please do a full download if upgrading from V12.7.X (or earlier) or V12.8.0-RC builds.
My Lemmings projects

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
Re: NeoLemmix V12.8.1, Editor V1.20 Release
« Reply #7 on: February 29, 2020, 01:47:47 AM »
Editor V1.20 released. Fixes a couple of bugs, and adds the ability to hide secondary animations in the editor (defined by the object, not a user-side setting).

The "namida_basement" style has also been updated to make use of this secondary-anim-hiding feature. The all-styles ZIP has not been updated to reflect this (and this will likely be a general pattern - it will only get updated periodicially, not every time there's a style update); use the manual download links (as described in the first post) or the in-game Style Manager to download the updated version.
My Lemmings projects

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #8 on: February 29, 2020, 07:26:40 PM »
Uploaded an important update to l2_shadow, which fixes an issue that caused some levels to not load correctly. (The particular level this was discovered in is Lemmings United, Pacifism 39, but it almost certianly affects every l2_shadow level that contains one-way arrows.)

The easiest way to get the update of course is to use the in-game Style Manager. However, if you're averse to that, you can download the style here: https://www.neolemmix.com/styles/12.8/l2_shadow.zip

Since this is quite an important update, I've also updated the all-styles download.

I recommend that if you have affected levels, you should (after updating your copy of l2_shadow) run Cleanse Levels on the affected packs. After cleansing with a fixed copy of l2_shadow, the cleansed copies of the levels will work even for people who have not got the l2_shadow update. You will also need to run Cleanse Levels in order to open affected levels in the editor, even with the update.

As a reminder: The hotkey for Cleanse Levels is F8.
My Lemmings projects

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #9 on: March 06, 2020, 04:18:13 AM »
NeoLemmix V12.8.2 released. A few bugfixes and minor UI improvements; see the first post for a list.

Attachment can be used to update from V12.8.0 stable or V12.8.1. As a reminder - don't forget to update your copies of l2_shadow and namida_basement as well, if you haven't already (the best way is with the in-game style manager).
« Last Edit: March 06, 2020, 04:50:22 AM by namida »
My Lemmings projects