Author Topic: [BUG][ENGINE] Fall distance when initially spawning is measured incorrectly  (Read 3019 times)

Offline Strato Incendus

• The King of Shimmiers (crowned by Flopsy ;D )
  • #RIP Spearer/Grenader (2020 - 2021)
    • View Profile
I'm also voting for "leave it as it is". It went unnoticed for so long that it will hardly become a problem now all of a sudden; in contrast, if you fix it and end up breaking a bunch of existing content - probably on a lot of levels where the creator isn't even aware that this change will break the level - you would probably end up throwing out the baby with the bathwater and doing more damage than good.
My packs so far:
Lemmings World Tour (New & Old Formats), my music-themed flagship pack, 320 levels - Let's Played by Colorful Arty
Lemmings Open Air, my newest release and follow-up to World Tour, 120 levels
Paralems (Old Formats), a more flavour-driven one, 150 levels
Pit Lems (Old Formats), a more puzzly one, 100 levels - Let's Played by nin10doadict
Lemmicks, a pack for (very old) NeoLemmix 1.43 full of gimmicks, 170 levels

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
Alright, it seems the preference still leans towards "don't fix this".

So instead, this will be a defined game rule: A lemming falling from an entrance is considered to have already fallen two pixels at the time of spawning.
My Lemmings projects
2D Lemmings: NeoLemmix (engine) | Lemmings Plus Series (level packs) | Doomsday Lemmings (level pack)
3D Lemmings: Loap (engine) | L3DEdit (level / graphics editor) | L3DUtils (replay / etc utility) | Lemmings Plus 3D (level pack)