Author Topic: [Suggestion] Custom Hud text & Talismans for level pack  (Read 1342 times)

Offline GigaLem

• The Dog That Brought Lemmings to Avalice
    • View Profile
[Suggestion] Custom Hud text & Talismans for level pack
« on: January 18, 2020, 02:14:17 AM »
One thing I had for the Talismans for the old format in Millas was the Custom Talisman Graphics themed to the pack

I don't want to replace the internal files for a different look in for level packs but rather have them loaded by having the files in the level pack itself
Same goes for having different Text and sprites for the hud

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
Re: [Suggestion] Custom Hud text & Talismans for level pack
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2020, 02:24:33 AM »
This has always been possible in new-formats. Put the files in your pack's folder, using the same filename as in gfx/menu or gfx/panel (as applicable).

For high-resolution (panel graphics only), add "-hr" to the end of the filename (before the ".png" extension). High-resolution, of course, requires NeoLemmix V12.8.0 (currently only available as an RC build).

Known bug (that was discovered while double-checking that this works): If a pack provides custom low-res graphics but doesn't provide high-res ones, NeoLemmix falls back to default instead of upscaling. (EDIT: Now fixed as of commit 8e5717a.)
« Last Edit: January 19, 2020, 02:38:47 AM by namida »
My Lemmings projects
2D Lemmings: NeoLemmix (engine) | Lemmings Plus Series (level packs) | Doomsday Lemmings (level pack)
3D Lemmings: Loap (engine) | L3DEdit (level / graphics editor) | L3DUtils (replay / etc utility) | Lemmings Plus 3D (level pack)