Poll

What Lemmings packs would you like me to play in the future?

ArtLems
5 (20.8%)
Festival Millas 2019 (FM 2018 is the next LP)
2 (8.3%)
Continue with Lemmings Plus Omega II (currently at start of Spiky rank)
1 (4.2%)
Continue with PimoLems (from somewhere in 2nd rank)
2 (8.3%)
Let's Go! The WillLem levels
3 (12.5%)
GeoffLems (I have not played this pack still)
7 (29.2%)
Oh No More Reverse Lemmings by WillLem
0 (0%)
Doomsday Lemmings
2 (8.3%)
Other (please suggest in topic, must be in new formats!)
2 (8.3%)

Total Members Voted: 12

Author Topic: Flopsy's Youtube Channel (come and decide my future Lemmings LPs!)  (Read 2691 times)

Offline Flopsy

• Global Moderator
  • Lix Nerd
    • View Profile
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC0JAwKyW340QFfSzdmv8Ljg

So for those who have not been aware, I have returned to LPing Lemmings packs again after a positive response to my Xmas Day upload of Part 1 of WillLem's Xmas Lemmings 2019 pack.

I will be uploading a Lemmings video of about 15-30 mins in length every Wednesday for the foreseeable future.

The pack I am currently playing is WillLem's Xmas Lemmings 2019, and I will be playing Festival Millas 2018 after the end of the Xmas Lemmings LP.

I thought I'd make a separate topic for feedback on what I should play next, I've posted a poll in the topic and I'll use the results to accordingly see what is more of a priority.
Note: I have not included very difficult packs as a poll option, I've only included what I could comfortably handle. Also I cannot LP Lemmings Destination because I was a tester for that pack.

Going forward, I will approach the packs where I will use the Flopsy clause (if a level cannot be solved in a decent timeframe, I will return to the level in a later video, this clause is in place to prevent me getting so overcritical of the level or pack) to keep the LPs less of having a swipe at the fact I cannot solve the levels.
Part of me taking a break from LPs was due to the fact that I was making too many videos of overly difficult packs at the same time. I will now only do one pack LP at a time and I will not let difficult levels get the better of me.

Regarding my non Lemmings LPs, I will be uploading Tropico 3 videos for the foreseeable future weekly on a Saturday.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2020, 11:57:22 PM by Flopsy »

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
Re: Flopsy's Youtube Channel (come and decide my future Lemmings LPs!)
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2020, 11:48:41 PM »
I suspect LPO2 will just frustrate you, it might be better as one to do off-camera. For much the same reason, I wouldn't suggest Lemmings Plus Alpha either. However, I'd love to see you give Doomsday a try for something a bit different.

That aside - if you haven't played GeoffLems yet, that's something to fix. I cannot recommend that pack highly enough - and it isn't super difficult (I'd say there's only two levels that exceed ONML difficulty, and they don't exceed it by much), so should be well suited to LP'ing.
My Lemmings projects
2D Lemmings: NeoLemmix (engine) | Lemmings Plus Series (level packs) | Doomsday Lemmings (level pack)
3D Lemmings: Loap (engine) | L3DEdit (level / graphics editor) | L3DUtils (replay / etc utility) | Lemmings Plus 3D (level pack)

Offline NieSch

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2020, 06:44:31 AM »
There's also my pack "Yippee! More Lemmings". It's only 22 levels and half of them isn't that hard. ;)
My NeoLemmix packs: All You Need Is Lemmings - Long Live Lemmings! - Yippee! More Lemmings
SuperLemmix: Tomb Rodents featuring Lemmina Croft

Offline Swerdis

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2020, 10:46:51 PM »
"Yippee! More Lemmings" is very good, I can recommend this. My wish would be "Insane Steve's World", though. It's old, but I see you didn't LP it so far. I'm almost through it (final level right now) and it's one of the best packs I played. I like it a bit better than GeoffLems (which is great, too) in terms of ingenuity (it's also a tad harder in my opinion).

Offline Flopsy

• Global Moderator
  • Lix Nerd
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2020, 11:07:32 PM »
"Yippee! More Lemmings" is very good, I can recommend this. My wish would be "Insane Steve's World", though. It's old, but I see you didn't LP it so far. I'm almost through it (final level right now) and it's one of the best packs I played. I like it a bit better than GeoffLems (which is great, too) in terms of ingenuity (it's also a tad harder in my opinion).

I'll keep both of these packs in mind for the future, after playing NieSch's contest levels, I'm a little unsure about a whole pack of levels of that difficulty.

Regarding Insane Steve's pack, some of his levels tend to be in the Lix Community pack which I have got about 60% of the way through and is an ongoing thing. Also Insane Steve tends to have the harder levels overall in RotL which I am in the process of converting to new formats.

Offline NieSch

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2020, 07:19:57 PM »
I'll keep both of these packs in mind for the future, after playing NieSch's contest levels, I'm a little unsure about a whole pack of levels of that difficulty.

Most of them are a lot easier. I think the five Mayhem levels in the pack are about the same difficulty as the two contest levels. So don't be too discouraged. ;)
My NeoLemmix packs: All You Need Is Lemmings - Long Live Lemmings! - Yippee! More Lemmings
SuperLemmix: Tomb Rodents featuring Lemmina Croft

Offline WillLem

• Unity isn't sameness, it's togetherness
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2020, 04:44:58 AM »
I've now finished re-compiling my Let's Go! pack, mostly in response to feedback, backroutes, and just generally tidying up the format and keeping the best 16 levels. So, in theory, it now should be a much better pack to play through! :lemcat: