Author Topic: [BUG][EDITOR] Something is breaking lemming counts  (Read 1041 times)

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
[BUG][EDITOR] Something is breaking lemming counts
« on: January 03, 2020, 07:41:38 PM »
Originally I suspected this to be a Cleanse Levels bug in the player. This was my original post.

I haven't investigated super closely, but it was reported to me that a level in Doomsday Lemmings wasn't spawning zombies from the entrances - which I tracked down to being due to the level specifying just 1 lemming; Git history suggests this breakage happened around the time I ran Cleanse Levels on the pack.

All my other zombie levels are unaffected, so I currently believe the cause specifically relates to levels that have zombie-spawning hatches, but all regular lemmings are pre-placed, which is uniquely an attribute of this level (as far as my levels go). If this hypothesis is correct, it's likely the same thing would happen if the hatches spawned neutrals (or a combination of neutral hatches and zombie hatches, but with no regular hatches) too.

After closer investigation, I believe this bug may originate from the editor, not the player.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2020, 05:51:29 PM by namida »
My Lemmings projects
2D Lemmings: NeoLemmix (engine) | Lemmings Plus Series (level packs) | Doomsday Lemmings (level pack)
3D Lemmings: Loap (engine) | L3DEdit (level / graphics editor) | L3DUtils (replay / etc utility) | Lemmings Plus 3D (level pack)

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
Re: [BUG][EDITOR] Something is breaking lemming counts
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2020, 05:55:59 PM »
And, it also seems that this bug was already fixed. I can only assume the explanation here is - a bug existed in either the player or editor (not sure which) at the time I was preparing Doomsday Lemmings for V12.7.X, and that this bug has since been fixed, but I never spotted that this particular level was affected.
My Lemmings projects
2D Lemmings: NeoLemmix (engine) | Lemmings Plus Series (level packs) | Doomsday Lemmings (level pack)
3D Lemmings: Loap (engine) | L3DEdit (level / graphics editor) | L3DUtils (replay / etc utility) | Lemmings Plus 3D (level pack)