Author Topic: [Sug][Player] Update X-Mas Stacker and Platformer sprites  (Read 1548 times)

Offline Strato Incendus

• The King of Shimmiers (crowned by Flopsy ;D )
  • #RIP Spearer/Grenader (2020 - 2021)
    • View Profile
[Sug][Player] Update X-Mas Stacker and Platformer sprites
« on: December 16, 2019, 11:07:44 AM »
A while ago, the standard Stacker and Platformer sprites for default lemmings in New Formats were changed: Where once they used to look exactly like Builders, the Stacker now moves the bricks over his shoulder "horizontally", rather than in a curve, and the Platformer is on his knees when platforming, like in Lemmings 2: The Tribes, rather than walking on his feet, like the Builder.

However, the X-Mas sprites, for example, still use the old animations, as far as I can tell?

I'm not sure about GigaLem's Freedom Planet sprites, which are, apart from the X-Mas sprites, the only sprites I am aware of that aren't mere re-colourings, but have a distinct shape.

Any of the re-coloured sprites will most likely have the new animations for Stackers and Platformers already, because they work off of the default sprites.
My packs so far:
Lemmings World Tour (New & Old Formats), my music-themed flagship pack, 320 levels - Let's Played by Colorful Arty
Lemmings Open Air, my newest release and follow-up to World Tour, 120 levels
Paralems (Old Formats), a more flavour-driven one, 150 levels
Pit Lems (Old Formats), a more puzzly one, 100 levels - Let's Played by nin10doadict
Lemmicks, a pack for (very old) NeoLemmix 1.43 full of gimmicks, 170 levels

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
Re: [Sug][Player] Update X-Mas Stacker and Platformer sprites
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2019, 05:01:01 PM »
If someone wants to make the corrected sprites, I'll add them right away. Otherwise, this can go on the list of "things to do when I'm in the mood for some graphic editing" (ie: it will happen eventually, but no promises on the "when") - I definitely agree it should be fixed, it's just the kind of thing I don't often feel like actually doing.

Any of the re-coloured sprites will most likely have the new animations for Stackers and Platformers already, because they work off of the default sprites.

Recolored sprites can work off any base sprites (as long as the base sprites are configured for recoloring - Default and Xmas have full support, while GigaLem's milla sprites have partial support, just to the extent needed to support the "festival" recolor in a few styles - this is going off the assumption that GigaLem hasn't recently added the rest of the support himself).
My Lemmings projects
2D Lemmings: NeoLemmix (engine) | Lemmings Plus Series (level packs) | Doomsday Lemmings (level pack)
3D Lemmings: Loap (engine) | L3DEdit (level / graphics editor) | L3DUtils (replay / etc utility) | Lemmings Plus 3D (level pack)

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
Re: [Sug][Player] Update X-Mas Stacker and Platformer sprites
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2020, 02:10:50 AM »
Looks to me like WillLem sorted this during his recent updates to the Xmas low-res sprites, so I can close this now - it's fixed for V12.8.
My Lemmings projects
2D Lemmings: NeoLemmix (engine) | Lemmings Plus Series (level packs) | Doomsday Lemmings (level pack)
3D Lemmings: Loap (engine) | L3DEdit (level / graphics editor) | L3DUtils (replay / etc utility) | Lemmings Plus 3D (level pack)