Author Topic: [NeoLemmix] Which levels can be beaten with the new skills?  (Read 48904 times)

Offline ccexplore

• View Profile
Re: [NeoLemmix V12.7.1] Which levels can be beaten with the new skills?
« Reply #45 on: November 20, 2019, 01:28:28 PM »
Minor improvement of Fun 17 to "1 of each, lost 20 OR 2 of each, lost 0"

Offline Minim

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: November 20, 2019, 05:47:52 PM »
More Tricky Results and improvements.
14: 5 of each, lost 4

20: 5 of each, lost 1 OR 6 of each, lost 0.
Replay for the lose 1 solution. No need for the other replay because the stoner on the left can easily be replaced by the stacker with up to three walkers available to keep the other lemmings from falling off.

21: 3 of each
Went around the body of the second "6" sparing the fencer that was instead used to cut the middle 6 again.

24: 2 of each, lost 2
I reached the ledge with 1x, but lost too many lemmings, so 2 looks more likely to be the final result here for fewest x.

25: 2 of each, lost 2 OR 4 of each, lost 0
Found a quicker and more reliable way to contain the others. Replays attached.

27: 4 of each, lost 2

29: 3 of each, lost 1 OR 4 of each, lost 0
Replay attached. Used clear physics (including trigger area placements) to my advantage here. The counterpart is easy, as I swapped a left-edge Stoner with a cloner and stacker.
Level Solving Contest creator. Anybody bored and looking for a different challenge? Try these levels!

Neolemmix: #1 #4 #5 #6
Lix: #2  #7
Both Engines: #3

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #47 on: November 20, 2019, 06:43:33 PM »
Namida's side note: I didn't quite understand on first glance about which folders needed to be changed, but eventually I just added the "Original_" to the filename "Lemmings_newskills" if that's what you meant. Please clarify if not. The info.nxmi file was changed and having done this for the first time, I found it quite fun actually. I'll try and do this info file for OhNo too.

As in, rename the folders "Lemmings" and "OhNoMoreLemmings" to something else, so they don't overwrite the normal versions of these packs (and vice versa).
My Lemmings projects
2D Lemmings: NeoLemmix (engine) | Lemmings Plus Series (level packs) | Doomsday Lemmings (level pack)
3D Lemmings: Loap (engine) | L3DEdit (level / graphics editor) | L3DUtils (replay / etc utility) | Lemmings Plus 3D (level pack)

Offline WillLem

• Unity isn't sameness, it's togetherness
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: November 20, 2019, 07:35:29 PM »
Namida's side note: I didn't quite understand on first glance about which folders needed to be changed, but eventually I just added the "Original_" to the filename "Lemmings_newskills" if that's what you meant. Please clarify if not. The info.nxmi file was changed and having done this for the first time, I found it quite fun actually. I'll try and do this info file for OhNo too.

As in, rename the folders "Lemmings" and "OhNoMoreLemmings" to something else, so they don't overwrite the normal versions of these packs (and vice versa).

:agree: I've re-titled mine "NeoLemmings". I've even done a logo if anyone wants it (although tbh I'll probably be using this title and logo for my remix pack!) ;P
« Last Edit: November 20, 2019, 10:18:39 PM by WillLem »

Offline ccexplore

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: November 20, 2019, 08:59:08 PM »
Fun 30 improved to "1 of each, lost 1 OR 2 of each, lost 0".

Offline WillLem

• View Profile
« Reply #50 on: November 20, 2019, 09:18:36 PM »

Ha! Your save-all solution is brilliant. Good job on Tricky 25 as well btw; I need to keep looking out for those glider-cloner opportunities! :thumbsup:

Offline Minim

• View Profile
« Reply #51 on: November 20, 2019, 09:29:32 PM »

Now I understand what's happening. I found the folders I needed to rename and I'll put them up in the next upload. Hopefully, these will be better.
EDIT: I've uploaded them now.

Ha! Your save-all solution is brilliant. Good job on Tricky 25 as well btw; I need to keep looking out for those glider-cloner opportunities! :thumbsup:

Credit for Tricky 25 goes to me actually. I just renamed the replay like ccx's. :P Thanks anyway! And yes, I saw ccx's Fun 30 replays. Good job. We'll see if these are able to work on the repeated level with the 99 RR.
Level Solving Contest creator. Anybody bored and looking for a different challenge? Try these levels!

Offline WillLem

• View Profile
« Reply #52 on: November 20, 2019, 10:06:54 PM »
Credit for Tricky 25 goes to me actually. I just renamed the replay like ccx's. :P Thanks anyway!

My mistake! :sorry: It was indeed your replay I was looking at - great stuff. I've now uploaded my results for Crazy into my original post. (I've combined my results for the two games into one post now to keep things a bit tidier...!

Enjoy! And I'm sure you'll improve on some of these - I was a bit more liberal with skills today. ;P
« Last Edit: November 20, 2019, 10:18:01 PM by WillLem »

Offline ccexplore

• View Profile
« Reply #53 on: November 20, 2019, 11:29:01 PM »
Fun 5 improved to "4 of each, lost 44" (thank you low save requirement!).  The inverse is likely 9 of each lost 0, but don't have patience to try it right now.

Offline ccexplore

• View Profile
« Reply #54 on: November 21, 2019, 12:21:07 AM »
Adapting my Fun 5 solution to its repeat, Tricky 16, here's "6 of each, lost 1" for that level.

Offline Crane

• View Profile
« Reply #55 on: November 21, 2019, 01:12:12 AM »
I've improved my Mayhem 30 score.  I've reduced it to 7 skills, 1 loss, or 8 skills, 0 losses (replace the Stoner with a Stacker + Walker. or a Platformer).
« Last Edit: November 21, 2019, 01:42:37 AM by Crane »

Offline Minim

• View Profile
« Reply #56 on: November 21, 2019, 09:01:52 AM »
Comments on WillLem's Crazy solutions
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

As for Crazy 11: Unfortunately, time changes are banned in this contest. So your result is regretfully 10 of each, lost 40, which I've improved to just 1x. This one will need extensive research though (And probably a mathematical genius too) to minimise the lemmings lost count and skill count here.

Other replays
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

And now, some of my Taxing Results and improvements.
12: 5 of each, lost 5
Found a way to save the sixth platformer. Replay attached.

13: 3 of each
Skill knowledge, height knowledge and precise skill placements are key here, and it also exploits the same trick I used to improve the next level.

14: 12 of each
Replay attached. Thanks to the terrain layout, I managed to contain the lemmings with 1 stacker and use the rest of the stackers to stretch across the water where necessary, saving 2 platformers! I'm sure 11 can't be ruled out when the criteria reverse.

When I have time I will add the results in and re-upload the OhNo level pack with changes to Crazy 7.

Offline ccexplore

• View Profile
« Reply #57 on: November 21, 2019, 09:10:46 AM »
Tweaked Proxima's Mayhem 3 solutions to "2 of each, lost 1 OR 3 of each, lost 0".  Despite some leftover skills in 2 of each, one of each seems to be just out of reach so far. :(

Offline Crane

• View Profile
« Reply #58 on: November 21, 2019, 10:44:30 AM »
Mayhem 8.  11 skills, 10 losses.
Mayhem 18.  6 skills, 2 losses.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2019, 10:51:52 AM by Crane »

Offline WillLem

• View Profile
« Reply #59 on: November 21, 2019, 05:32:31 PM »
Comments on WillLem's Crazy solutions
---
9: Now 3 of each thanks to advanced lemming control. Replay attached.

10 and 17: Hey, these are more like it. Well done! And phew, you just got those last lemmings home in time. I improved on 17 though with 5 of each. I saved the first platformer by walking up onto the brick platform. The second one wasn't necessary as I was able to re-position the stackers to make sure the lemmings land safely.
---
15: Now 6 of each. A similar trick to what I used in my improvement to Taxing 14. Replay attached.

19: Nice use of teamwork to get the stacker ahead of that platformer. Impressive stuff! However, I found a way to save that first fencer along with a bit of Lemming Express crowd control. The result is now 2 of each. Replay attached.

Nice replays. Crowd control is something I'm still getting used to; your solution to Crazy 9 is perfect timing, great to watch!

I've been really trying to minimise skills, but you seem to have a bit more pixel-precise tenacity than I do so you're able to get that bit extra out of the different skills. I'm just happy if the solution looks pretty and gets everyone home. :thumbsup:

As for Crazy 11: Unfortunately, time changes are banned in this contest. So your result is regretfully 10 of each, lost 40, which I've improved to just 1x. This one will need extensive research though (And probably a mathematical genius too) to minimise the lemmings lost count and skill count here.

Yeah, I thought so... still, I had fun plowing through all that decorative terrain. This will be a good one to remix.

I've now finished Wild and Wicked; replays/results above. I'm happier with my solutions to these than the Crazy lot, generally. A bit more like the quality of my Tame solutions. Have fun improving on them!
« Last Edit: November 22, 2019, 12:40:19 AM by WillLem »