Author Topic: Planned Jackbox Sessions  (Read 79 times)

Offline Flopsy

• Gotta Go Fast
    • View Profile
Planned Jackbox Sessions
« on: November 06, 2019, 12:30:48 pm »
(Originally posted in mobius videos/streams topic, I asked this to be split off into a separate topic)

Regarding Jackbox, I still want to host more sessions in the future but I decided to take a break from it after what happened in the last session. There's no need to buy it yourself mobius if there is interest in playing it again. Although if you really want to get the game yourself then I am powerless to stop you.

I thought I would wait until other people decided to bring up Jackbox before starting to talk about it again. I would rather know that people enjoy playing it and want to play the game rather than me putting the sessions there and expecting people to turn up to them.

If there is interest in me hosting another session soon then please speak up, I would like to know who is interested.

The only thing I would say in regards to what happened in the last session is if you turn up to play Jackbox then expect it to be an adult theme!

If you're going to get a Jackbox pack, GET 3. It's by far the best (and the one we usually play). It has TKO and Quiplash (my two favorites), as well as Guesspionage (which can be fun) and Trivia Murder Party (which many people love). It also has Fakin' it, but that can't be played unless everyone is physically in the same room.

Erm, Trivia Murder Party is not very well liked actually. I usually want to play this game when I hosted because I really enjoy it but it has got to the point where people intentionally die to end the game quicker. If you like this game then great, I am happy to hear it.

We actually played Guesspionage in the last session but the video never made it to YouTube, I thought it was a pretty good game, not sure what everyone else thought of it.

Jackbox 1 also has Drawful and Fibbage which are two other favourites we like to play. I don't think Jackbox 2 has anything worthwhile.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2019, 10:49:53 pm by Flopsy »
SEB Lems (160 levels)
MegSEGAbytes (40 levels)
Gotta Go Fast (in progress)

Offline Colorful Arty

• You are so loved!
    • View Profile
    • Colorful Arty's Youtube Page
Re: Planned Jackbox Sessions
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2019, 09:19:10 pm »
I like playing Jackbox and don't mind when people use adult language, but I don't particularly enjoy it when people draw obscene things in TKO (which has been a problem in the past).

Also, I personally don't like Trivia Murder Party, but most people I know IRL love it.
My Youtube channel where I let's play games with family-friendly commentary:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCiRPZ5j87ft_clSRLFCESQA

My levelpack: SubLems
For NeoLemmix: http://www.lemmingsforums.net/index.php?topic=2787.0
For SuperLemmini: http://www.lemmingsforums.net/index.php?topic=2704.0

Upcoming levelpack: ArtLems
Development Topic: http://www.lemmingsforums.net/index.php?topic=3166.0

Offline Flopsy

• Gotta Go Fast
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2019, 10:40:24 pm »
I like playing Jackbox and don't mind when people use adult language, but I don't particularly enjoy it when people draw obscene things in TKO (which has been a problem in the past).

The adult language is not really the thing I was getting at, it's more the pictures in TKO I was getting at when I said adult themes.
It caused a bit of an argument in the last session but I think the best stance to take is just expect it and don't complain about it.

That is the sort of thing sadly which I have no control over so hence why I am saying if you play then you should expect it.
I don't particularly like the obscene drawings either to be honest and it has made me dislike TKO very much, I wish that people would not do it personally but because the game is anonymous, it just attracts this sort of thing.

If there was an option to give more time to people on TKO then I would by all means implement it because I think the game expects way too much drawing and not enough time to expect people to draw reasonably good drawings.
It should be pointed out that in my experience, the more obscene drawings in TKO have not really contributed much to the game, the better drawings tend to be the ones that end up winning the game outright.
SEB Lems (160 levels)
MegSEGAbytes (40 levels)
Gotta Go Fast (in progress)

Offline SQron188

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2019, 04:47:38 pm »
I mostly agree with what's been said about "adult" drawings so far. I think they're 1. nasty, 2. mostly repetitive (some inside jokes that have been beaten into the ground fall into this category as well). Not saying I haven't been part of this problem, though, so - sorry about that. I found a few of those jokes difficult to pass up; not too many though (I reckon I can recall most of them off the top of my head).

Hopefully, we will carry on playing in peace

Offline Akseli

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2019, 10:42:39 am »
I'd love to play Jackbox and I don't have issues with adult themes or anything else but I certainly can avoid them if someone wants that.