Author Topic: The Jackbox Thread - Next Session: Sunday 21st November 6pm UTC (6pm UK)  (Read 8236 times)

Offline Flopsy

• Global Moderator
  • Gotta Go Fast
    • View Profile
Want to discuss Jackbox, I have made a new thread for this here

Welcome to the Lemmings Forums Jackbox Thread

Next Session: See second post below

Note: you do not need to own the games to be able to play, this game is streamed from my computer for your pleasure

What is Jackbox and How Does It Work?

Jackbox is the series of Jackbox Party Packs which have been sequentially released for the last few years. The way these games are played in a local setting also works very well online across the world because all people need to get involved is a smart device and a way to see the main game screen.
The Jackbox series contains games which vary from quite intellectual and knowledgeable games to downright silly and absurd content, we usually try to find a nice mix between these 2 points whenever we play.
The game is played using computers/phones so you don't need game controllers to play, you just need the game room code from the main screen (shared by myself using screen share on Discord) to be able to join the game. It doesn't matter where you are in the world, we can all play together as long as you have the game room code.

How Do I Get Involved?

- You'll need to be a member of the Lemmings Discord server if you are not already, the reason for this is because the host of the session (me) will need to screen share via group chat the main screen of the Jackbox game which will be played using the Steam version of the game directly off my laptop.
Join the discord server here: https://discord.gg/2MyfSfN
NOTE: Please download the desktop app for Discord, the web version may not function correctly for this session.
- Join the Pillar Room chat room on the Lemmings Forum discord server at the time of the session start
- Have a browser window open on your computer or device and go to jackbox.tv, this is where you will input answers/drawings to the session.
- (optional extra) A smart device, if you don't want to play the game in a browser window on your computer, can be an option if you'd rather have the screen share of the main Jackbox screen on full screen on your computer and you can enter the answer/drawing on your smart device.

OLD WAY
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Anything else I should know?

Jackbox can have adult themes, if you are playing in a place where it can be embarrassing if there is awkward content on the screen (ie. NOT SAFE FOR WORK), it's advisable that you don't participate. This has been discussed at length and if you show up to play, you should expect adult content and there is little that can be done to prevent that.

What Games are there to play?

Jackbox Party Pack 2

Jackbox Party Pack 3

Jackbox Party Pack 4

Jackbox Party Pack 5

Jackbox Party Pack 6

Jackbox Party Pack 7

Jackbox Party Pack 8

« Last Edit: October 19, 2021, 01:23:58 AM by Flopsy »
Flopsy's YouTube Channel

SEB Lems (160 levels)
MegSEGAbytes (40 levels)
Modular Lems (10 level minipack)
Gotta Go Fast (NEW 189 level pack as of Sept 2021)
The Flopsy Disk Drive (53 level pack of unused levels)

Offline Flopsy

• Global Moderator
  • Gotta Go Fast
    • View Profile
Re: The Jackbox Thread - Next Session: Sunday 21st November 6pm UTC (6pm UK)
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2019, 02:12:24 AM »
The next session is: Sunday 17th October 5pm UTC (6pm UK time)

The list of people attending is as follows.
Flopsy

(unlimited - taking place in Pillar Room on Discord server)
« Last Edit: October 18, 2021, 10:28:04 PM by Flopsy »
Flopsy's YouTube Channel

SEB Lems (160 levels)
MegSEGAbytes (40 levels)

Offline Flopsy

• Global Moderator
  • Gotta Go Fast
    • View Profile
Re: The Jackbox Thread - The Stats
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2019, 02:28:14 PM »
I took the liberty of compiling some stats from the recorded sessions on YouTube courtesy of my own videos and IchoTolot's

Up-to-date 17/10/21

The Jackbox Party Pack 2

Bidiots (click to show/hide)
Earwax (click to show/hide)

The Jackbox Party Pack 3

T.K.O (click to show/hide)
Guesspionage (click to show/hide)

The Jackbox Party Pack 4

Survive The Internet (click to show/hide)
Monster Seeking Monster (click to show/hide)
Civic Doodle (click to show/hide)

The Jackbox Party Pack 5

Mad Verse City (click to show/hide)
Patently Stupid (click to show/hide)
Split The Room (click to show/hide)

The Jackbox Party Pack 6

Role Models (click to show/hide)
Push The Button (click to show/hide)
Dictionarium (click to show/hide)
Joke Boat (click to show/hide)

The Jackbox Party Pack 7

The Devils and the Details (click to show/hide)
Blather Round (click to show/hide)
Champ'd Up (click to show/hide)
Talking Points (click to show/hide)

The Jackbox Party Pack 8

Job Job (click to show/hide)
The Poll Mine (click to show/hide)
Wheel of Enormous Proportions (click to show/hide)
Weapons Drawn (click to show/hide)
Session 3: 15/07/2018 (click to show/hide)
Session 4: 03/02/2019 (click to show/hide)
Session 5: 08/12/2019 (click to show/hide)
Session 6: 26/01/2020 (click to show/hide)
Session 7: 31/01/2021 (click to show/hide)
Session 8: 28/02/2021 (click to show/hide)
Session 9: 18/04/2021 (click to show/hide)
Session 10: 16/05/2021 (click to show/hide)
Session 11: 18/07/2021 (click to show/hide)
Session 12: 19/09/2021 (click to show/hide)
Session 14: 21/11/2021
« Last Edit: October 18, 2021, 11:22:16 PM by Flopsy »
Flopsy's YouTube Channel

SEB Lems (160 levels)
MegSEGAbytes (40 levels)

Offline Flopsy

• Global Moderator
  • Gotta Go Fast
    • View Profile
Re: The Jackbox Thread - Next Session TBA
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2019, 02:20:33 AM »
I am interested in future sessions to try and engage in custom created content.

Quiplash 2 and Drawful 2 (which I now own) have features where you can create your own episode. However unless you actually own either of the games as well, there is no way to create the content as it would require an open Jackbox lobby on either game to actually create the episodes.

So I thought if everyone could PM their best Drawful or Quiplash prompts to me on here. I can place them in my already in progress custom created episodes. The prompts I have already are mainly Lemmings themed but I don't mind if the prompts are about other subjects.

Making Drawful 2 prompts

In Drawful 2 you would be writing the theme which the person would have to draw initially, obviously it has to be something which is actually guessable so referring to individuals in this won't make for good prompts.
Here is an example of an existing prompt in Drawful 1 (sorry Icho :P)

Having some Lemmings themed Drawful prompts would certainly make for some more exciting games.

Making Quiplash 2 prompts

In Quiplash 2, you would ask a question or make a statement where a blank needs filling in.

For example.
What two words would passengers never want to hear a pilot say?

Everyone knows that monkeys hate (insert word here)

Name a TV drama that's about a vampire doctor

So basically the question can be worded in different ways as shown above. Have you always wanted to make some of these prompts up yourself, now we can.

So please PM any which you have to me be it Drawful 2 or Quiplash 2, it can be just one prompt or it can be many. Either way I feel having contributions from other people would really help the variety in the custom episode I would like to make.

If you have the game yourself, you are very welcome to make your own episode, you'll just need to make sure you publish it and bring the 7 digit code generated along to the Jackbox session :).
Flopsy's YouTube Channel

SEB Lems (160 levels)
MegSEGAbytes (40 levels)

Offline Flopsy

• Global Moderator
  • Gotta Go Fast
    • View Profile
Re: The Jackbox Thread - The Audience
« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2021, 01:09:12 AM »
Jackbox is not a game that needs to be purchased by yourself, I own the game myself and I'm providing the game feed via screenshare in the Pillar Room, everyone else just participates on a browser at jackbox.tv

There is essentially no limit on how many people can play. Almost all of the Jackbox games have an audience which everyone in excess of the player number will go into once enough people have joined the game. These players in the audience will still play but there will be less participation.
If we have more than 8 players, we'll play each game multiple times if required to make sure everyone gets a turn and keep things fair.

How the audience works in the more popular games we play

Note that the following games do not support audience: Bidiots and Push the Button

Drawful 2 - 8 players (anything over this will join the audience)
Sadly the audience in this game will not draw anything but they are able to vote in the round where everyone votes on what they think is the original prompt. The audience will have an effect on the scoring of the game overall based on how they vote.

TKO - 8 players (anything over this will join the audience)
Again no drawing for the audience, however the audience can suggest things to draw or write which will appear in the background briefly during the creation phases. Also the audience vote in the voting phases.

Quiplash (XL, 2 and 3) - 8 players (anything over this will join the audience)
The audience sit out the actual creation of the answers to the prompts but will be voting on the voting phases of the game.

Trivia Murder Party (1 and 2) - 8 players (anything over this will join the audience)
The audience will answer the questions like the other players do, they can't be killed though so won't be participants on the Killing Floor, they can be called upon to be a decider in the minigame though. In Trivia Murder Party 2, the audience can WIN the game.

Guesspionage - 8 players (anything over this will join the audience)
A more interest use of the audience, if there is enough people in the audience, the audience will effective create the statistic for the question before the actual players answer the question. Increases replay value for this game :)

Fibbage (2 and 3) - 8 players (anything over this will join the audience)
The audience don't enter lies but does vote on the entered lies trying to find the truth.
(In addition, in at least one of them (3, I think?), the audience doesn't directly write their own lies, but they do get presented with a multiple choice selection for a lie, which the audience votes on and is displayed alongside the other lies.)

Survive the Internet - 8 players (anything over this will join the audience)
The audience vote on their favourite answer in each round.

Split the Room - 8 players (anything over this will join the audience)
Participating player (according to the wiki)

Mad Verse City - 8 players (anything over this will join the audience)
The audience vote on their favourite player in each rap battle.

The Devils and the Details - 8 players (anything over this will join the audience)
The audience take control of the cat and can indirectly affect the game's outcome by creating tasks (which usually involve what the cat did).
« Last Edit: July 02, 2021, 10:28:09 PM by Flopsy »
Flopsy's YouTube Channel

SEB Lems (160 levels)
MegSEGAbytes (40 levels)

Offline Flopsy

• Global Moderator
  • Gotta Go Fast
    • View Profile
Re: The Jackbox Thread - Jackbox Party Pack 8 coming soon :)
« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2021, 11:13:09 PM »
I've had some time and space to think and going forward, I am not going to host Jackbox more frequently than every 5-6 weeks. I think hosting the sessions more frequently has lead to me being over-anxious and why I had to cancel the last planned session.

Also to echo something I read on the Discord when I was absent
"I think we can all agree that we benefit from the camaraderie, companionship and fun that these game sessions provide, and although they can get a bit competitive, it's far more important that everybody is enjoying themselves. I for one will do my best next time to make sure that I put this at the forefront of my mind. Big love to all of you"

I agree with that statement greatly and I want Jackbox to be enjoyed, hence why I feel that not hosting it as often will help achieve this. I don't want the fun to fizzle out so having it as a once in a while thing (every 6-ish weeks) will help it be more fun when we do play.

However, good news is on the horizon to help keep Jackbox fun, Jackbox Party Pack 8 is coming out this fall (usually October). From what I've seen of the games so far, they seem innovative and fresh compared to the current games in Jackbox Party Packs 1-7.
Each Jackbox Party Pack following Party Pack 1 has always had one game which is a sequel of an existing game and one game is always a drawing game, look at the spoiler tag for details of the current trend.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

So Jackbox Party Pack 8 will be expected to release some time in mid October, I plan on getting the game as soon as it drops and I intend on doing a session that week also where we exclusively play the new games (with maybe some other classics thrown in). So good times ahead :)
« Last Edit: July 18, 2021, 11:31:22 PM by Flopsy »
Flopsy's YouTube Channel

SEB Lems (160 levels)
MegSEGAbytes (40 levels)

Offline mobius

• relax.
    • View Profile
Re: The Jackbox Thread - Next Session: TBA
« Reply #6 on: July 20, 2021, 01:17:03 AM »
I can't rightfully vote since there's so many games I haven't played.

I liked Blather Round, Quiplash

I don't remember Guesspionage but I'd like to try it.
Also Dictionarium I want to play. I've played the "dictionary game" on it's own before.
Role Models also looks fun.
never played split the room either
monster seeking monster; sounds fun :D

Honestly the only games I wasn't real fond of were:
Biddiots
Murder Trivia Party
Devil and the Details [but I'd be willing to try this one again]
Push the button
"Not knowing how near the truth is, we seek it far away."
-Hakuin Ekaku

"I have seen a heap of trouble in my life, and most of it has never come to pass" - Mark Twain

Offline WillLem

• Just keep swimming
    • View Profile
Great session tonight everyone. Here are the games that most of us seemed to enjoy:

Devils & the Details
Talking Points
Tee K.O.
Monster Meets Monster
Fibbage
Blather
Murder Trivia Party

Offline Flopsy

• Global Moderator
  • Gotta Go Fast
    • View Profile
Re: The Jackbox Thread - Next Session: Sunday 21st November 6pm UTC (6pm UK)
« Reply #8 on: October 19, 2021, 01:55:28 AM »
Ok, I have a date for the next session already, it's only about 5 weeks away so I'd thought I'd post it now.

It is on Sunday 21st November at 6pm UTC (6pm UK time) - (note that the clocks go back in the UK and other parts of the world between now and then).

Suggested by WillLem, this time the session will have a theme seeing as it is going to be the last Jackbox session of 2021.

Each player who turns up (including myself), bring the name of your one favourite Jackbox game from all of the Jackbox party packs and we will play it. We'll take it in turns and try to prioritise people who tend to be in the session for less time than other people.
Also if more than one person picks the same game, we can play it again or alternately you can change your choice to another game, either way I won't ask which game you have picked until it is your turn to pick the game so you can change your mind up until then. I don't need to know what your choice is up until then.
If a lot of interest in one game occurs then you might be asked to pick a different game, ie. if the game has already been played twice.

Excluded games:
all games from Party Pack 1 (You Don't Know Jack, Word Spud, Lie Swatter, Drawful, Fibbage XL) - these games are not worth our time, believe me. Lack audience support mostly too.
Zeeple Dome (pack 5) - this is a game of keepy up, and it is not a good game when lag comes into it.
Fakin It (pack 3) - this game is impossible to play without being in the same room.
Bomb Corp (pack 2) - this is not a party game really, just a single player game mostly.
Quiplash XL (pack 2) - pick Quiplash 2 in pack 3 or Quiplash 3 in pack 7 instead.
Trivia Murder Party (pack 3) - pick Trivia Murder Party 2 in pack 6 instead, it's a superior version.

So the choices are as follows:

Separate game: Drawful 2 (- note that there is Drawful Animate in Pack 8 too)
Pack 2: Fibbage 2, Earwax, Bidiots
Pack 3: Quiplash 2, Guesspionage, T.K.O
Pack 4: Fibbage 3, Survive The Internet, Monster Seeking Monster, Bracketeering, Civic Doodle
Pack 5: You Don't Know Jack Full Stream, Split The Room, Mad Verse City, Patently Stupid
Pack 6: Trivia Murder Party 2, Role Models, Joke Boat, Dictionarium, Push The Button
Pack 7: The Devils and the Details, Quiplash 3, Champ'd Up, Talking Points, Blather Round
Pack 8: Job Job, The Poll Mine, Drawful Animate, The Wheel of Enormous Proportions, Weapons Drawn

On a final note, thank you for a great year for Jackbox sessions, this will be the 8th session this year and it will bring the total of Jackbox sessions to 15 so we will have had more Jackbox sessions in this year than 2018, 2019 and 2020 combined!

With the list of games being expanded by another 5 games recently with Party Pack 8 being released, who knows what next year will bring :thumbsup:
Flopsy's YouTube Channel

SEB Lems (160 levels)
MegSEGAbytes (40 levels)