Author Topic: Let's Go! The WillLem Levels (16 Levels) [Difficulty: Easy-Hard]  (Read 3160 times)

Offline WillLem

• Enough about me, tell me about you.
    • View Profile
Let's Go! The WillLem Levels (16 Levels) [Difficulty: Easy-Hard]
« on: November 06, 2019, 08:09:04 pm »

Download link below.

I've decided to revisit this pack one last time to trim it down to the best 16 levels. I'm fairly happy that all backroutes have been fixed, and this pack now represents the best of my first forays into Lemmings level creation!

This is my first official pack, using all styles and skills from the original game and the Oh No! levels. Whilst adding my own sense of humour and creative flair, I've aimed to stay as true to the original game as possible in terms of design, keeping things generally quite abstract and more or less within the Lemmings universe we all know and love.

I hope you enjoy playing these as much as I enjoyed making them!

This pack contains 16 original levels, grouped into the following difficulty rankings:

Breezy - Modelled after the easier Oh No! levels, most of these are solvable within a few minutes.

Breezy 2 - Come on, KeTcHuP! A level with one route per Lemming!

Clever - Some slightly trickier levels now; look twice, and assume nothing!

Clever 1 - What the...? Every level has its secret!

Demanding - A mix of sprawling levels to take your time over and shorter ones requiring more precise tactics, these levels aim to present a challenge even to the most seasoned Lemmings player.

Demanding 3 - 7th Heaven. Only just enough skills and time to navigate this one...

Silly - An exercise in all-out Lemmings ridiculousness, with challenges galore, multi-tasking nightmares, and some bigger levels with multiple possible solutions to liberate your problem solving skills. A sense of humour is recommended for these!

Silly 2 - You have to be kidding me. You have one minute to solve this multi-tasking mammoth of a level!

Silly 4 - Constellations. As challenging as it is beautiful...

I would say that most of these levels fall in the medium-hard category; there is definitely more challenging stuff out there in the community, but the aim with these was to be a playable bunch of levels in the spirit of the original game.

I think that Let's Go! The WillLem Levels will provide a generally enjoyable playing experience for all. Download it and enjoy it today!

To play this in NeoLemmix:

1 Unzip the file
2 Add the contents of the "levels" folder to the "levels" directory in your copy of NeoLemmix
3 Add the content of the "music" folder to the "music" directory in your copy of NeoLemmix (this is all the original music slightly remixed & remastered)
4 Open the pack in NeoLemmix
5 Add the contents of the "replays" folder to the "Replay>Let's Go! The WillLem Levels" directory, newly created in your NeoLemmix directory and perform a Mass Replay Check to verify playability.

Note: I have included a fix for the "Clever" rank - place the levels.nxmi file into levels>Let's Go! The WillLem Levels>Clever and choose "Replace".

Any questions/suggestions/comments, feel free to post! Feedback is welcome! :thumbsup:

All best,

-WillLem 8-)

Offline IchoTolot

• View Profile
Re: Let's Go! The WillLem Levels (32 Levels)
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2019, 10:09:42 pm »
Attached are my replays probably quite a few backroutes come with them so I'll wait with my final comments for specific levels until they are patched out. :)

My favorite levels were:  Clever 07, Demanding 02, Demanding 07  :thumbsup:   More of those!

General things.

- Only 3 timers were justified: Clever 01, Demanding 07, Silly 06. I would cull the rest.

- Let's just say it by the name: Scattering a ton of hatches, most of them in imidiate danger and requireing a ton of attention, across a large level and having to be everywhere at once is not a very liked or fun level concept. Try to avoid forcing the player to scroll back and forth a huge map again and again. For a general concept: Try to put the puzzle in the spotlight, not the execution.

I think you maybe misunderstood me a bit when I said timers are used to enforce multitasking. Timers should enforce multitasking in a way that (most likely) one crowd needs to split up and prepare the way by doing multiple level parts at the same time and with that it isn't even nessesary to assign a ton of skills. Like an extra climber that takes a faster route to prepare a final bridge in advance.

- Try to avoid having the player assign 99 floters with a 99 release rate while also having to deal with the situation above. NL also has a feature where a hatch assigns permanent skills to all lemmings coming out of it. Also for example lowering the RR and having only 10 nessesary floters would achieve the same effect here and also address the point above in some way.

- Silly 08 should maybe be placed in the first rank. ;P

Again, to get a better hang of level creation I would highly recommend playing through more and more packs. Snoop into multiple ones at the sdame time even. It will give you a better feeling for creatring nice puzzles.

Offline WillLem

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2019, 11:13:14 pm »
Thanks for the comments IchoTolot, plus the replays - extremely useful! I'll get those backroutes patched up and re-upload the pack.

Haha - I love the fact that you backrouted BACKROUTE THIS! - I really thought I'd covered every possible alternative! The simplest things can catch you out sometimes.

Also loved your solutions to Clever 1, Clever 7, Demanding 7 and Silly 7.

Btw, Demanding 4 The Crystal Dimension was originally an invisible level, and had steel cables made by putting tiny 4 x 4 steel boxes next to each other, but neither of these things was possible in NeoLemmix so I just restricted the skill count. Still looks way too easy though, might re-think this one...

Thanks again for taking the time to play through these and leave some useful feedback!

All best,

-WillLem 8-)

Online namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2019, 11:26:56 pm »
Haha - I love the fact that you backrouted BACKROUTE THIS! - I really thought I'd covered every possible alternative! The simplest things can catch you out sometimes.

Interestingly, I also have a level titled "Backroute This!", but the meaning is different - in the case of my level, the intended solution is one that feels backroute-y.

Offline NieSch

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2019, 08:29:07 am »
These are fun and humorous levels! I especially like the thing you did in Demanding 5. Very creative. :D
My first level pack: Yippee! More Lemmings
My second pack I'm working on at the moment: Lemmings Unleashed

Offline Strato Incendus

• He who usually only makes it up to rank two
  • #Team SliderFor20thNeoLemmixSkill
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2019, 09:10:28 am »
Your pack description reads a lot like what I wrote about my first pack when I joined :D , also with regards to justifying certain design decisions (execution-difficulty, multitasking, staying true to original Lemmings etc.). Therefore, I'm curious to try this out, now that the shoe is on the other foot and I'm looking at a new user's pack with such a philosophy after having been more deeply entrenched into NeoLemmix philosophy for two years.

I'll give it a look once you put up the download again! ;)

(Btw, this is the first time I see that a pack has been temporarily removed for backroute fixing. I only remember SEB Lems not being available for a while, but I believe this was for different reasons, like updating graphic sets or so.

If you leave the former download available, this would enable other people to find more backroutes while you're working on the old ones, thereby possibly ironing out more of them in one go when you upload the next version.

But personally, I'm fine with this approach, as well - since I haven't been able to download any iteration of this pack yet, this will give me the chance to play a more backroute-proof version the first time I try.)
My packs so far:
Lemmings World Tour (New & Old Formats), my music-themed flagship pack, 320 levels - Let's Played by Colorful Arty
Paralems (Old Formats), a more flavour-driven one, 150 levels
Pit Lems (Old Formats), a more puzzly one, 100 levels - Let's Played by nin10doadict
Lemmicks, a pack for (very old) NeoLemmix 1.43 full of gimmicks, 170 levels

Offline WillLem

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 07, 2019, 05:30:45 pm »
Thanks for the comments everyone!

I have now re-uploaded the pack, complete with new replays (I have performed a mass check and they're all good to go!)

I would encourage anyone who downloaded the original pack (there were only 5 of you at this point! :P) to have a look at this one, as a couple of the levels have been further edited to push for the intended solution. I'm now fairly happy for any alternative solutions to be found amongst this lot so I won't be editing them again (unless anyone finds any serious errors or anything).

To reply more directly to specific comments:

My favorite levels were:  Clever 07, Demanding 02, Demanding 07  :thumbsup:   More of those!

Thanks IchoTolot, glad you enjoyed these. I, too, have a general preference for these one-screener, quickfire levels. I do like the odd sprawler as well though, as I'm sure you've noticed!

Comments like these are handy because I know what to aim for as well as what to avoid.

- Only 3 timers were justified: Clever 01, Demanding 07, Silly 06. I would cull the rest.

- Let's just say it by the name: Scattering a ton of hatches, most of them in imidiate danger and requireing a ton of attention, across a large level and having to be everywhere at once is not a very liked or fun level concept. Try to avoid forcing the player to scroll back and forth a huge map again and again. For a general concept: Try to put the puzzle in the spotlight, not the execution.

---

Again, to get a better hang of level creation I would highly recommend playing through more and more packs. Snoop into multiple ones at the sdame time even. It will give you a better feeling for creatring nice puzzles.

Regarding the timers - I just wanted this pack to be a nod to the original game, so I've decided to keep them. Your comments regarding this have not been ignored though, I'll absolutely look at only using timers in future when absolutely necessary.

The sprawlers with lots of entrances are, to be fair, in the "Silly" category! These levels are meant to be a bit ridiculous, and - they are all solvable! I'll try to keep this sort of thing to a minimum in future though. ;P

Now that I've finished this pack, the plan is to concentrate on playing for a while. There's quite a few packs I've got lined up to play through including your Lemmings United, Namida's Lemmings Plus series, Proxima's Lemmings Redux and Strato Incendus's Lemmicks. Plus all those that are available to play in SuperLemmini, of course! :thumbsup:

Interestingly, I also have a level titled "Backroute This!", but the meaning is different - in the case of my level, the intended solution is one that feels backroute-y.

Really!? I genuinely didn't know - pure coincidence, I assure you. Where is said level? I'll give it a go!

These are fun and humorous levels! I especially like the thing you did in Demanding 5. Very creative. :D

Thanks for the kind comment NieSch, glad you enjoyed playing these! Take a look at the re-uploaded pack, I've made a few little changes and improvements here and there.

Your pack description reads a lot like what I wrote about my first pack when I joined :D , also with regards to justifying certain design decisions (execution-difficulty, multitasking, staying true to original Lemmings etc.). Therefore, I'm curious to try this out, now that the shoe is on the other foot and I'm looking at a new user's pack with such a philosophy after having been more deeply entrenched into NeoLemmix philosophy for two years.

I'll give it a look once you put up the download again! ;)

I have to say, you and I seem to have a fairly similar philosophy regarding level creation and general approach to Lemmings as a game. If you get time to do some replays for these, I'd love to see your solutions. In the meantime, I'm having a look at playing through some of your packs - I'll start with Lemmicks just to get that out of my system, and then I'll take a look at your rock-concert series - looks intriguing!

Again, thanks for all the comments. Hope you enjoy the (final) versions of these levels!

Best,

-WillLem 8-)

Online namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #7 on: November 07, 2019, 06:10:42 pm »
Lemmings United

Lemmings United is probably the hardest pack out there so far. Not at all saying "don't play it" - you absolutely should give it a go; so far I've found it to be VERY good - but you may want to get some easier packs, including IchoTolot's first pack "Lemmings Reunion" (which is a fair bit easier, though still very hard) under your belt first.

If you're after some more easier content, GeoffLems should definitely be on your list - it's a fairly easy pack (though there are a couple of fairly tricky levels towards the end), but it's very good.

SEBLems is another one that I'd also recommend - it covers a significant range of difficulty; it's quite easy for the early parts but gets a lot harder. The only thing I'd point out with SEB - the first rank isn't really too indicative of what the pack as a whole is like; so don't judge it until you've at least played a fair bit of the 2nd rank.

When you're ready for harder packs, NepsterLems is another must-play one. I'd rank this as harder than Lemmings Reunion or any of my packs, but easier than Lemmings United.

I should note that with my packs, the numbering doesn't always reflect the difficulty - Lemmings Plus III is harder than Lemmings Plus IV, and Lemmings Plus VI is easier than most of the others. I think in the download topic, I made a list that's ordered by difficulty.

And if you're after something a bit different for a change, I've got a Lemmings 3D pack too. ;) We don't have a clone engine for that one; it's just played using the official game with the custom levels inserted.

Really!? I genuinely didn't know - pure coincidence, I assure you. Where is said level? I'll give it a go!

Ah, don't take that the wrong way - level name duplicates are a thing that happens on a regular basis, and I myself have several level names that others have also used (even including one title, "Rocky Road", that was also used in an official level - in my case, it's a once-per-rank recurring level in Lemmings Plus VI). I was just mentioning it as an amusing coincidence. Even rank names get duplicated from time to time - I think there's 3 or 4 packs (again, including one of my own, in this case Lemmings Plus II) out there with a rank called "Cunning", for example.

The level in question is Fluffy 5 of Lemmings Plus Omega II (which is my hardest or 2nd-hardest (behind Lemmings Plus Alpha) pack overall, depending who you ask, although the early levels like this one are fairly simple).

Offline IchoTolot

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 07, 2019, 06:17:15 pm »
ur pack description reads a lot like what I wrote about my first pack when I joined :D

Literally everyone starts at the same place. Therefore I and most others saw this before.

In the beginning of this forum (even I was not around there), quite a lot of levels were like this. There were no packs and just loose levels and levels bunched together.

- Tons of invisibility, hidden exits, fake steel, glitch/bug abuse....

- Remakes of original levels. Like 10 authors posting a level where the ceiling route for stepping stones was enforced. A remake of ALL 4 versions of "we all fall down" levels in the crystal style....

There were quite a few gems in there still. ;)

Out of this, the todays design culture developed slowly and the first real quality level packs came out, I think Mazulems was the start.

Soon the packs that introduced me to custom lemmings came out: PimoLems and DoveLems (highly recommend those and I personally made NL conversions)

The first community pack followed, bunching together most of the best levels: Revenge of the Lemmings.

Lix also came around and delivered many classic levels, some of them more fleshed out versions from earlier creations.

Slowly NL developed from standard Lemmix spearheading with the Lemmings Plus series and soon the first packs made by other users as namida sprung from it.

During all this progress the invisible levels became less and less, timers started to disappear where they were not really needed. Lix even dropped timers completely. The engines developed more tools for an easier execution, while creators tried not to unnessesarily rely on it.

My first pack only avoided invisible levels, hidden terrain and most other stuff, because I played a lot of packs before starting to create my own content. I still had to cull timers myself back then and even now I think Reunion still has a few unnessesary ones. ;)

So the main point here is:

We all started where you are now Willem, so don't feel discouraged in any way! :thumbsup:
Over all these past years the design culture has evolved from the first creations and the original levels where it is now. So at first it can seem a bit harsh and overwhelming to someone just coming from the original fomular to let loose of some of the staple things like "timers in all levels" while further bombard them with more and more design conventions like "not force the player to assign 99 floters".
I just attempt to give along the lessons that were formed and learned from the beginning and that I learned as well. Most of them proved to be for the better. Still everyone has their original touch that is certainly felt.

My personal "original" trait would be that I like to make larger levels work, while normally small to medium sized levels are preferred. Even on smaller levels I tend to enlarge them just to have more room to decorate. ;P Also, I tend to slide easily from a medium difficulty level idea to a mindnumbingly difficult result. :devil: I personally love the feeling of solving such a level as well, when it's done right of course!

Lemmings United is probably the hardest pack out there so far. Not at all saying "don't play it" - you absolutely should give it a go; so far I've found it to be VERY good - but you may want to get some easier packs, including IchoTolot's first pack "Lemmings Reunion" (which is a fair bit easier, though still very hard) under your belt first.

Get in it, get stuck, try, try, try and try to get some ideas of your own! :evil:

Online namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #9 on: November 07, 2019, 07:46:41 pm »
Okay, having actually played some of this pack now (the first two ranks), my feedback:

- I agree completely with IchoTolot re time limits. Although they're high enough to not be a major nuisance, it's still tidier not to have them where not needed.

- A training rank, or opening with training levels, is actually another one of those "everyone's done it" things - in this case even including the official game. ;) On top of that, your miner and digger levels are quite tricky for training ones!

From the 2nd rank onwards, I'll give feedback for levels individually.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I'll continue with the rest later; here's my replays.

So far, it looks like - while there are a couple of details that could be improved on - you've already got quite a knack for creating good levels. However, I do think you need to think a bit more about overall pack structure - the difficulty so far feels all-over-the-place. This is something that's very hard to get right, so don't take this too harshly - even after years of creating levels, I still find myself often reordering packs significantly during pre-release testing*. Of course, the fact that some of my solutions are potentially backroutes could be a factor in how I see this too.

The only real advice I can offer here is - do not just order the pack (or ranks inside it) based on the order you created the levels in. Create levels, decide on the order later - or at least, create levels, use creation order as an initial ordering, but go over it and do some reordering before release. I don't know if this is specifically what you did or not; I just know it's a common trap people fall into (as with many of these; myself included in the past). It's possible to create a pack creating all levels in order, but you've got to pay very careful attention to the difficulty of each level as you create it when you're doing this.

* It's quite common for the more-experienced level creators to have a couple of people privately test their packs ahead of any public release, for backroutes and feedback on the ordering. Not everyone does this, by any means, but it is a fairly common thing.

Note: Replays recorded using V12.7.0. Should work fine on V12.6.5, but if not, use V12.7.0-RC to view them (or just wait for V12.7.0 stable release, which should be tomorrow).

Offline WillLem

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 07, 2019, 11:25:48 pm »
In the beginning of this forum (even I was not around there), quite a lot of levels were like this. There were no packs and just loose levels and levels bunched together.

- Tons of invisibility, hidden exits, fake steel, glitch/bug abuse....

- Remakes of original levels. Like 10 authors posting a level where the ceiling route for stepping stones was enforced. A remake of ALL 4 versions of "we all fall down" levels in the crystal style....

There were quite a few gems in there still. ;)

To be fair, I axed the levels with invisibility and hidden exits. The levels in this pack are all legit, I'd say. Maybe the occasional bit of letting loose with the paint, as it were (Steel Quirks), but I think I managed to aim for a certain degree of professionalism with this pack!

I know you enjoyed playing this (I can tell from the replays!), so I'm not taking anything too harshly. Quite the opposite, I appreciate the feedback and I'm sure it will help with future packs.

In response to Namida's feedback:

So far, it looks like - while there are a couple of details that could be improved on - you've already got quite a knack for creating good levels. However, I do think you need to think a bit more about overall pack structure - the difficulty so far feels all-over-the-place. This is something that's very hard to get right, so don't take this too harshly - even after years of creating levels, I still find myself often reordering packs significantly during pre-release testing*. Of course, the fact that some of my solutions are potentially backroutes could be a factor in how I see this too.

This is a good shout. I actually designed most of the levels on paper first and ordered them at this stage. I guess I didn't have a full idea of how they would translate into the actual engine, difficulty-wise. It was also my intention to have the odd easier level in the midst of a more difficult rank, as I think it's nice to have a bit of a quickie level now and then -but, this probably didn't come across in such a small pack.

I think the caveat with this is that there's no real way to guess what solutions other people will find easy or difficult. You can only really go with your own thoughts. Probably why, as you've suggested, it's a good idea to get them playtested.

Note: Replays recorded using V12.7.0. Should work fine on V12.6.5, but if not, use V12.7.0-RC to view them (or just wait for V12.7.0 stable release, which should be tomorrow).

They worked fine, just fyi. Thanks for taking the time to play through these, I'm looking forward to your solutions/comments to Demanding and Silly :)

Once again, thanks for all the feedback here. I know I'm a beginner, and it's good to have people to learn from who are willing to take the time to check out what you're doing.

Just a couple of thoughts:

I'd probably keep timers, even as a long-time level designer. I just like having a timer there! Surely if this is a creative decision as opposed to just a formality, it's acceptable? I'd like to keep the debate going on this seeing as there are such strong opinions about it! (Having said that, I absolutely will try to design a few levels without timers to see how it feels).

Is it not OK to insert the odd quicker, easier level in the middle of a more difficult bunch? What are people's thoughts on this, generally?

Cheers all,

-WillLem 8-)

Online namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #11 on: November 08, 2019, 01:02:08 am »
I'm really glad that the only solution to Clever 3, so far, appears to be the intended one! Not sure what you mean about the trick at the right hand side of Clever 4, though... I noticed you used a builder skill, but not sure why...!

Because one pixel of the builder ends up on the right hand side of the chain. Without this as a step, the fall would be fatal... OR so I thought, but now that I take a second look I realise that's not the case (they'll land on the hook, breaking the fall safely).

Your comment regarding Clever 8... not sure why this would be a complaint. The original games are resplendent with levels requiring precise execution, and NeoLemmix makes it easier than ever to pull this sort of thing off. Surely it's OK to include it in a level every now and then...

It's one of those things like time limits that can be justified, but shouldn't be there just for the sake of it. If you need to make a move precise to avoid a backroute, or to help hide the solution, sure; but here, it serves no purpose other than to be precise in and of itself - it's very obvious what has to be done, and no backroute is averted by requiring that precision.

Is it not OK to insert the odd quicker, easier level in the middle of a more difficult bunch? What are people's thoughts on this, generally?

This is a question that doesn't have any overall consensus, so what I state here is purely my own opinion (although I do suspect there will be others who agree - but not to the extent that it can be considered a "community consensus" per se).

I personally am in favor of doing this, but it shouldn't be TOO much easier. Let's say our pack has 4 ranks of 30 levels each - I'm going to use the names "Fun", "Tricky", "Taxing" and "Mayhem" here, but do not specifically think of Orig's levels here, rather, think in the context of a custom pack that used those rank names instead of coming up with new ones.

In the earlier parts of Mayhem, we might want to have "breather" levels that are mid Taxing difficulty wise. A breather towards the middle of Mayhem would be comparable in difficulty to early-Mayhem levels; while a breather in the last stretch of the pack would still be mid-Mayhem difficulty.

For me, this goes hand in hand with another design concept I usually follow - namely, that the end of one rank should be slightly harder than the start of the following rank. Not hugely so, and not for long - this is more perhaps, "Taxing 28 to 30 should be a little bit harder than Mayhem 2 and 3; similar to Mayhem 4 and 5; and easier than Mayhem 6 onwards".

Why not Mayhem 1? Because that's yet another of my personal design choices - I tend to make the first level of a rank, especially the final rank, harder than the few levels that come after it. It's not really predictable whether Taxing 30 or Mayhem 1 would be harder - there are cases of both setups in my packs. This is not always the case - Lemmings Plus Alpha's final rank is an example that really averts this, where the first level of the final rank is quite a breather compared to those around it (though still far from a pushover).

There really isn't a single universal answer on this. It's one of those things you get a feel for, "this has highs and lows" vs "this is all over the place".

Offline ccexplore

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 08, 2019, 01:06:22 am »

I think it's fine, it's the opposite of having a sudden difficulty spike that might be more problematic, except maybe for the last few levels of a ranking.  Then again, maybe others have different opinions about all this. :-\

Level difficulty is tricky to judge and can be fairly subjective.  Even with the official Lemmings 1 levels, we've seen many debates here regarding how people would've rearranged the level ordering.

Online namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #13 on: November 12, 2019, 03:47:17 am »
Played the next rank.

I had a quick look at the last rank, but... yeah, I'm not going to bother with those.

So - the training rank is fairly generic, and the last rank is obviously a joke rank. As for the two serious ones though, these are for the most part pretty good levels. You could improve a lot in regards to difficulty curve - but this is one of the hardest things to get right, and even experienced pack creators have trouble with this, so don't take that too harshly. (If we ignore the joke rank) you've definitely got a much better "good levels to bad levels" ratio than the majority of people releasing their first pack; there's real potential here. I'm definitely interested to see your next pack!

Offline WillLem

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 12, 2019, 04:15:35 pm »
Played the next rank.

I had a quick look at the last rank, but... yeah, I'm not going to bother with those.

Aw, really? I liked watching your replays, and it's helpful to get feedback from you NeoLemmix long-timers. If you get a chance, I'd like to see how you tackle the Silly levels.

So - the training rank is fairly generic, and the last rank is obviously a joke rank. As for the two serious ones though, these are for the most part pretty good levels. You could improve a lot in regards to difficulty curve - but this is one of the hardest things to get right, and even experienced pack creators have trouble with this, so don't take that too harshly. (If we ignore the joke rank) you've definitely got a much better "good levels to bad levels" ratio than the majority of people releasing their first pack; there's real potential here. I'm definitely interested to see your next pack!

Thanks, Namida. This is generally positive feedback. I am aware that the community seems to prefer strategy/puzzle-based solutions rather than technique/execution-based, and I am aware that my pack perhaps contains more of the latter than the former. I am new to creating puzzles, so will hopefully get better at this over time.

That said, I've always enjoyed Lemmings levels where it's obvious what needs to be done and it's just getting it right... NeoLemmix has pretty much obliterated this style of play from the game, which is a good thing because it's easier on the patience/nerves, but I would strongly argue that a big part of the original Lemmings was the frustration involved in trying to pull off a particularly tricky series of mouse clicks!

It's a bit disappointing that you're not going to bother with the Silly levels, and tbh I think dismissing it as a "joke rank" is a tad harsh - these took a lot of careful design work and pixel-precise editing.

Might I ask you to at least give levels 1, 2 and 7 a look. With these, I've tried to balance a mix of quickly-solvable multitasking puzzles with the patience, concentration and timing required to pull off a large amount of them simultaneously. I am aware this is (unfortunately) regarded as generally poor level design in this forum, but I'll stand by them as examples of levels that present a more execution-based gameplay, which is a difficult thing to achieve in NeoLemmix! (and, I haven't simply placed the entrances randomly - these levels were actually designed very carefully, in spite of their appearance).

Incidentally, I'm currently playing NieSch's Yippee! More Lemmings which is resplendent with strategy-based puzzles and I'm struggling massively with it, but I'm sure it will prove to be a good learning curve in my interaction with NeoLemmix along with IchoTolot's Introduction pack. After these I'm moving on to your packs...!

All best, and thanks for the continued support.

-WillLem 8-)