Author Topic: [NeoLemmix] Oh No! More Reverse Lemmings (100 Levels) [V1.01 UPDATE]  (Read 3428 times)

Offline WillLem

• #SaveTheGrenader
    • View Profile
Re: Oh No! More Reverse Lemmings (100 Levels)
« Reply #15 on: November 06, 2019, 07:28:31 PM »
I was thinking about this comment today. If you're happy to address some specific changes you'd like me to make, I'll get on it as soon as I can. I'd like it if the pack was useful in some way!

The changes I would propose are similar to the things I pointed out already:

1.) Cull unnessesary timers. I would set infinite time as the default and really think about if a timer is needed in a level after the examples I gave before.

2.) Change redundant levels. Tame 13, Wicked 01 and I would even call Crazy 11 out here as well. Try to make them more interesting even if you have to change the level a bit for it. (Maybe Crazy 11 could have a higher than half save requirement and no timer, so you actually have to work here. Maybe even force to bring the central crowd to the very right exit?)

3.) Have a 2nd look over the tame levels. If you see a interesting still somewhat easy way to solve a level try to enforce it. I would even say small level adjustments are ok as the tame levels can be hard to make interesting.

Some great suggestions here, I'll get on this soon:

1) I'll go through the levels again to get replays and I'll look at which ones don't really need a timer and just set it to infinite time. There will be the occasional one where I'd like releasing the crowd to be part of the solution, and for these I'll leave the timer in.

2) One of the things I personally enjoyed about Colorful Arty's Reverse Lemmings is the fact that some levels don't require you to do anything! If they were original levels, then sure - bad design. But because they're remix levels, I still think that part of the fun is that sometimes you end up with one of these. I'll consider changing Tame 13 a bit, but I'd like to leave Wicked 1 as it is. Crazy 11 could use a bit of a challenge, I definitely agree with this - I'll probably up the save count and add in some more skills & time.

3) For the Tame levels, rather than going through them in this pack (which, again, I feel needs to remain as true to the original game as possible in terms of layout), I'm going to include some remixes of these levels in an upcoming pack called Tame Gone Wild! The idea will be to make the Tame levels as interesting as possible by changing only minute details. I'm willing to take suggestions on individual levels for this so I'll create an in-development topic.

Thoughts?

-WillLem 8-)
« Last Edit: November 06, 2019, 07:34:10 PM by WillLem »

Offline mantha16

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 13, 2019, 04:30:45 PM »
well its the first pack I have been able to complete the whole pack.  seeing that green tick has made my day. I guess it suits my ability because I really enjoyed it.

Thanks WillLem :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Offline WillLem

• #SaveTheGrenader
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 14, 2019, 03:48:30 PM »
well its the first pack I have been able to complete the whole pack.  seeing that green tick has made my day. I guess it suits my ability because I really enjoyed it.

Thanks WillLem :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Thanks mantha16! Really glad you enjoyed this pack and were able to complete it all - well done you :) :thumbsup: :party:

All best,

-WillLem 8-)

Offline chrisleec728

• View Profile
Re: Oh No! More Reverse Lemmings (100 Levels) [Difficulty: Easy-Medium]
« Reply #18 on: January 19, 2020, 01:14:55 AM »
I actually beat Crazy 1 without the climber. You could get rid of it entirely and it wouldn't be much harder.

Offline WillLem

• #SaveTheGrenader
    • View Profile
Re: Oh No! More Reverse Lemmings (100 Levels) [Difficulty: Easy-Medium]
« Reply #19 on: January 11, 2021, 01:29:35 AM »
Version 1.01 is here! See OP for download

My first ever remix pack, I finally got around to updating it with a few improvements :lemcat:

It's been quite amazing revisiting this after this past year of being active on the forums and learning so much about level design from the community; I can see now why, initially, this pack wasn't quite as well received as it could have been!

Well, hopefully this update will prove to be a much better version of this pack. I'm particularly happy with a lot of these levels now; most of the ones that needed it have seen significant improvements, detailed here: