Author Topic: Lemmings World Tour Remastered [New-Formats Version] [Difficulty: Medium]  (Read 41709 times)

Offline Strato Incendus

• The King of Shimmiers (crowned by Flopsy ;D )
  • #RIP Spearer/Grenader (2020 - 2021)
    • View Profile

One year, one month, and one day after its initial release, here's the New-Formats version of Lemmings World Tour at last - the largest pack currently available for NeoLemmix!
This remastered version has had all levels adapted that originally featured radiation or slowfreeze.
I still encourage anyone who's interested to try out the original version for Old Formats, which I will continue to maintain. It includes all levels the way they were originally intended to be!

A huge upside of the New-Formats version is the increased stability. The intense mixing of graphic sets in this pack led to more or less frequent crashes in Old Formats when loading up a level, requiring a simple but inconvenient restart of NeoLemmix 10.13. I have not seen this happen in the New-Formats version yet! :thumbsup:

The attached ZIP-Folder at the bottom of this post includes the custom success- and failure jingles, all sprite-set recolourings (including WillLem's Lemminas, which now appear on a couple of levels), as well as strato_generalmd, my modified version of the general tileset that used to exist in Old Formats. It contains some recolourings of various objects, Colorful Arty's rain and snow animations, as well as pre-placed builder staircases.
If you extract the folder in your core NeoLemmix folder, the styles and levels should automatically end up in their correct respective places.

This is the updated version of the graphic set and the pack for NeoLemmix 12.10.0.

My Instruments tileset is part of the official styles download now, as well as nin10doadict's cattrap.

God gave Rock 'n Roll to you*

The music pack can be found here.
It consists of my self-recorded rock/metal versions of all the standard Lemmings and Oh No! More Lemmings tunes, except for ONML 04 and the special graphics tracks (Beast, Menacing, and Awesome).
All instruments were played / recorded and all tracks mixed by myself.

For everyone new to this pack: Lemmings World Tour is based on the idea of a Lemmings band touring the world. Every main level is inspired by a song title, with the author line being used to credit the artist who originally performed the song (not necessarily the composer ;) ).

Hence, all the music is played with real instruments, including the success and failure jingles. The levels also depict as many different places in various countries across the globe. Thus, many level titles will refer to a song title and a geographical location at the same time. You will also usually find the flag of the respective country on each of those levels (examples see below).

This pack consists of a whopping 320 levels - 40 for each of the 8 ranks.
These ranks are named: Noisemaker, Amateur, Professional, Diva, Rockstar, Legend, Encore, and Groupie

It also ends with the largest level in existence - one that is too large to even be created with or properly displayed by the New-Formats editor, but was converted from Old-Formats directly, together with the entire pack.
It is strongly advised to switch off the high-quality minimap when playing the very last level (Groupie 40) - game fluency will improve drastically that way. ;)

With that out of the way, let's take a closer look at the ranks! ;)

NOISEMAKER
This rank is all about teaching you essential mechanics of the game and vital, but maybe somewhat obscure skill tricks - rather than the usual X-of-everything levels you might find on the lower ranks in other packs! Pay close attention to the pre-level texts, they can give you essential hints! ;) Also, beware the occasional troll level. There is a certain infamous, lemming-eating Octopus hiding on this rank, and one of the two levels shown below requires the lemmings to dive in a fountain. Sometimes, this pack will put visual aesthetics over strict, mechanical fairness, but it is the exception rather than the rule.
Noisemaker Intended Trick List (click to show/hide)

Vegas Lights

Grenade

AMATEUR
On these levels, the skills are grouped thematically (upward-moving, downward-moving, destructive, creative etc.), and the more advanced objects get introduced, such as pre-assigned skills and pre-placed lemmings, splitters, force fields, and teleporters. More landscape-like levels start occuring towards the end of the rank.
Amateur Intended Trick List (click to show/hide)

Shipping up to Boston

Georgia on my mind

PROFESSIONAL
The first levels of this rank are going to test what you've learned about the skills so far, requiring several of the previously-introduced tricks, but now without prior announcement! ;) Also be prepared to navigate some pretty huge cities, as you're playing in more and more important locations around the world.

Moskau, Moskau

Streets of London

DIVA
Now you can really start showing off your skills - but don't get too cocky yet! ;) There are still much harder songs coming...

Weiße Rosen aus Athen

Barcelona

ROCKSTAR
If you want to play on the big stage, you must master how to control the crowd. Can you hold them back when you have to, and make them move when you want them to?

Streets of Philadelphia

Cold Turkey

LEGEND
The songs on this rank will be remembered for all eternity. In other words: Probably just as long as solving these levels might take you! :P

Ganglem Style

The Phantom of the Opera

ENCORE
Here you can find levels from my preceding, Old-Formats packs (Paralems, Pit Lems, and Lemmicks) that also were named after song titles. The only one missing is "Turn this club around!" from Lemmicks. Without that one, there were exactly fourty of them, so I thought they would be a good fit here. They were not selected for their quality, though - but indeed mainly for their titles. ;) So definitely expect these to be easier than the previous ranks, but that might be a welcome relief after the hard stuff! ;) Also, due to the absence of gimmicks, the Lemmicks levels usually have completely different solutions compared to their first appearance.

We are the Lempions (Pit Lems)

All along the watchtower (Lemmicks)

GROUPIE
These levels were created by Colorful Strato and incendoadict: I identified the signature level-design features of most of the active content creators, and then built a level for each of them pretending I were them! ;) Some people have even had several levels dedicated to them - and no, the "author" line is not being used to spoil that for you. Which level was inspired by whom, that is something you'll have to discover for yourself! :P Many of these levels are still named after songs, in which case the author line will mention the performing artist, just like before. Other levels will have non-song names, and therefore no author line either.

Bon appetit!

Take a Byte

Have you taken a guess at which user inspired which Groupie level? ;) Then you can check whether you're correct right here:
Groupie rank level list (click to show/hide)

I hope the release of this pack to New Formats can bridge the gap between very easy and very hard packs a little! ;) It's currently rather difficult to find "intermediate" content. The radiation- and slowfreeze levels from Old Formats could be replicated in New Formats to varying degree - some solutions might be more interesting, some more dull than in Old Formats.

Finally, I have tested each level in the New-Formats version of this pack at least once, but with 320 levels in total, there's always a remaining chance that I've missed something that doesn't work as intended.
So please, report any issues you find, just like you would report any backroutes!
;)

And with that, all I have to say is:
The stage is yours! ;)

*The red Stratocaster from the Instruments tileset is a Wikimedia Commons picture created by Johan Förberg.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2021, 09:53:57 PM by Strato Incendus »
My packs so far:
Lemmings World Tour (New & Old Formats), my music-themed flagship pack, 320 levels - Let's Played by Colorful Arty
Lemmings Open Air, my newest release and follow-up to World Tour, 120 levels
Paralems (Old Formats), a more flavour-driven one, 150 levels
Pit Lems (Old Formats), a more puzzly one, 100 levels - Let's Played by nin10doadict
Lemmicks, a pack for (very old) NeoLemmix 1.43 full of gimmicks, 170 levels

Offline IchoTolot

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Lemmings World Tour Remastered [New-Formats Version]
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2019, 07:54:58 PM »
I will 100% take a look at this soon now. :)

Also: Is this already functional with the current stable release or does it require the 12.7 RC? Sorry if you already stated it and I overead it. ;P

Offline Strato Incendus

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2019, 08:02:19 PM »
Thanks for the question, indeed I should clarify this! ;)

The current version is for 12.6.5.

I know Flopsy uploaded both a 12.6.5 and a 12.7 RC version of SEB Lems recently. I asked namida on how to best proceed with things, and the last thing he told me was that I could release it now and do the update once the stable version of 12.7 is in place.
My packs so far:
Lemmings World Tour (New & Old Formats), my music-themed flagship pack, 320 levels - Let's Played by Colorful Arty
Pit Lems (Old Formats), a more puzzly one, 100 levels - Let's Played by nin10doadict

Offline IchoTolot

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2019, 05:03:41 PM »
First of all I still got some errors to report:

I have already tracked down the issues. Following tiles are missing (+ I put the affected levels next to it):

Tiles missing from a set. Here I got the set but the standard library where I got it from doesn't have these tiles. Would suggest replacing them with tiles from the standard library:

plom:psychmd:alt5     2 24, 5 06
plom:psychmd:alt7     1 39, 3 23

For this one gigalem_treemd exists, but not gigalem_treemdbright. Maybe use gigalem_treemd?

gigalem_treemdbright:window         2 02,
gigalem_treemdbright:exit                2 08, 2 09, 4 08
gigalem_treemdbright:trunk_02       4 13
gigalem_treemdbright:leaves_03     6 21

Tileset missing completely:

gronkling_angelisland:block_08    2 33

gronkling_chaosangel:block_23   5 05

I remember these 2 being removed by gronkling's request. So I would swap the tiles out for other ones.

cattrap:cattrap    3 17, 3 21, 5 26, 6 09, 6 33, 8 01, 8 07       

Include this in the download (maybe even in strato_standardmd) + submit to the standard library

I played the first rank (except 1 39 because of a missing tile) and groupie 40. I attached my solutions.

My thoughts:

I think the 1st rank has good levels, although even with the prelevel-texts it fails as an introduction/tutorial rank. The core here is that some of the levels just jump up several stages in difficulty compared to others. I had quite a lot of levels where I really needed like 5-15mins to get it and after that comes a level where I simply need to turn up the RR to 99. For comparison: I would put several of them easily in rank 2 or 3 of Reunion or something similar.

I would either simplyfy the following levels down to ONLY the lesson, or reduce entropy with pick-ups, or maybe make a rank below this called "tutorial" or so (the fat ones are quite extreme cases):

1 04, 1 05, 1 08, 1 10, 1 11, 1 15 (more to that later :devil:), 1 17, 1 19, 1 20, 1 21, 1 22, 1 26, 1 28, 1 35
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
, 1 38

Even if I acted a bit like a dummy in some of these, the fact that I easily did so proves that way less experienced players will most likely have much bigger problems.

Again these are not bad levels, in fact most of them are excellent! :thumbsup: But they are put together with actual tutorial levels (difficulty wise), where you just assign a handful of clear skills or just need to turn the RR up. They need to have lower entropy to be actual tutorials, be it with pick-ups, culling of non-tutorial elements, or a new rank.

1 15: This level should be burned or made fair! :devil:  Dissapearing lemmings because of invisible traps is just *insert mean word here*. It's also quite hard for the position.

For groupie 40:
Took me ~60 mins and a few tries to adapt some parts and reduce builder usage. The main difficulty here is the sheer size and needing to scoll slowly across the landscap a ton as even max zoom-out doesn't help. Nepster's Final Frustraition achived a way higher diffuculty with a much smaller size, less multitasking and less imidiate danger I must admit.

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2019, 05:58:56 PM »
cattrap:cattrap    3 17, 3 21, 5 26, 6 09, 6 33, 8 01, 8 07       

Include this in the download (maybe even in strato_standardmd) + submit to the standard library

This would also need the name fixed first (no author prefix in the style name).
My Lemmings projects
2D Lemmings: NeoLemmix (engine) | Lemmings Plus Series (level packs) | Doomsday Lemmings (level pack)
3D Lemmings: Loap (engine) | L3DEdit (level / graphics editor) | L3DUtils (replay / etc utility) | Lemmings Plus 3D (level pack)

Offline Proxima

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2019, 08:47:55 PM »

I remember these 2 being removed by gronkling's request. So I would swap the tiles out for other ones.

The tilesets were renamed to sonic_angelisland and sonic_chaosangel. The blocks in question still exist.

Offline IchoTolot

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 27, 2019, 08:51:26 PM »

The tilesets were renamed to sonic_angelisland and sonic_chaosangel. The blocks in question still exist.

Thanks, Proxima! Then Strato you only would need to change the tileset name to these by editing the respective level text files.

Offline Strato Incendus

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 27, 2019, 11:14:55 PM »
First of all, thanks a lot for the detailed feedback, IchoTolot! :thumbsup:

Regarding the missing graphic sets: I converted many of these after they had been abandoned by their original creators, and uploaded them to the respective threads. I could link to them, but then one would have to scroll through the posts to find them, which is why I believe it's quicker if I re-attach them here (in the starting post). I've added nin10doadict's name to the cattrap and fixed all the levels referring to it, so that they now refer to the new name.

You're right, though, I also should have sent them to Nessy for standard inclusion in the next download! ;) (EDIT: Done now.) The bright Tree tileset is the interim version of GigaLem's modified tree tileset. I had already built a bunch of levels with it when he released the final version, and thus, I kept using both in conjunction.

I know, I had already replaced them in most of the levels featuring those tilesets. As I feared, apparently some escaped me - glad it was only two! :D
plom:psychmd:alt5     2 24, 5 06
plom:psychmd:alt7     1 39, 3 23

This is a similar issue: These pieces still exist, but the naming scheme was changed slightly: Rather than alt1 through alt10, they are now named as alt_01 through alt_10. I had both in my plom_psychmd folder (i.e. alt1 and alt_01, and this for each of those ten pieces). Hence, this error didn't even pop up for me - there was no way for me to notice this on my PC, at least not just by playing the pack. I have now deleted the redundant pieces alt1 through alt10 from my plom_psychmd folder, and with the affected levels edited, they still display properly, so no tiles should have gone missing this way.

I think the reason for these graphic-set naming issues is that some of these remained unconverted for the longest time - then I converted them myself. This was the case for several of Gronkling's Sonic-based tilesets, as well as for several of the Lemmings-Plus mods by GigaLem and plom.

At some point, somebody else in the background also converted these tilesets, changing the names of certain pieces in the process, or splitting up tilesets, in the case of sonic_angelisland / sonic_chaosangel as well as sonic_cybertrack / sonic_technobase. Now, suddenly, it was hard for me to tell which were my own conversions, and which levels referred to these, and which were the official ones.

I uploaded all the conversions I had done to the appropriate threads - but I probably should have sent them to Nessy instead. ;) Whoever "also" converted these must have sent them straight to their official destination.

As you can tell from the fact that most of the levels featuring the former "Ancient" tileset didn't give you errors, I had indeed become aware of this change, and had already replaced the relevant references to the best of my memory.

Thanks a lot, IchoTolot, for taking the time to create the overview of the remaining missing ones! :thumbsup:

I have attached the updated version of the pack to the starting post. This only includes mechanical fixes so far, to make sure all levels can be played. Game-wise fixing (backroutes etc.) I'll address in a second step! ;)
« Last Edit: October 27, 2019, 11:29:33 PM by Strato Incendus »
My packs so far:

Offline Strato Incendus

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 28, 2019, 12:21:50 AM »
Here is a second post to respond to IchoTolot's comments on level design and difficulty. Your specific solutions to the individual levels from the Noisemaker rank (and Groupie 40) I'll address in a third post, once I've had time to watch them all ;) .

Generally speaking, the Noisemaker rank is not a standalone tutorial rank. I know you and I both have the ambition of our packs being able to stand on their own without requiring prior knowledge. However, I think we can both agree that any complete newbie, first-time Lemmings player will get crushed at latest at the beginning of rank two, no matter whether they try Lemmings Reunion, Lemmings United :evil: , or Lemmings World Tour.

Instead, Noisemaker is a tutorial rank for the intermediate player, which is why it doesn't teach the individual skills, or easy skill combinations, but instead starts diving into more complicated and obscure skill tricks early on. The pre-level texts explain them to aleviate the difficulty - they instruct the player to actively try these obscure tricks once, so that they can start actively looking for opportunities to execute these tricks on later levels (=without prior announcement, then).

However, with the abundance of features and skills NeoLemmix has, some easy things might require a reminder. In case of the "just turn up the release rate"-level, it's analogous to the one you did for the new Introduction pack: Technically, both are the easiest levels in their respective packs, but yet, they're not in the very first position. That's because release-rate-fiddling in general is more complicated than performing 2-4 easy skills in rather straightforward ways, so we want to introduce this concept as a whole a little later.

The difficulty of any individual level in this rank therefore largely depends on whether a given player knows this specific trick already or not.

Some tricks are more obscure than others, of course, and Noisemaker 08 ("Glide and Joy") indeed seems quite challenging for its position. I'd first resort to making the pre-level text a little more specific though, rather than moving levels around?

So far, some pre-level texts outright tell you about the trick, whereas others just allude to it, requiring the player to put 2 and 2 together. The latter also applies to Noisemaker 38 ("Rock, Paper, Scissors"), where the pre-level text just gives the hint about the shoulder height of Stoners being 6 pixels.

1 15: This level should be burned or made fair! :devil:  Dissapearing lemmings because of invisible traps is just *insert mean word here*. It's also quite hard for the position.

For everyone else: This is the "infamous, lemming-eating Octopus" I talked about in the starting post. :P

I've already apologised for it on both Arty's and Flopsy's Let's Play videos :D , but I don't see a way of fixing this level. One aesthetic feature - the underwater updraft - collides with another one here - devouring animals requiring hidden traps - and with the trigger areas overlapping, the result is "Dark fate of Atlantis" (Paralems, Demented 28) on steroids. Outright removing a Beatles classic from the pack doesn't seem justified either. At least by the time the player gets to the rerun, they already know about the octopus being hungry.

The upside of all the "unfair" elements being gathered in a single level is that they're also restricted to that specific one. So I guess it's just the go-to troll level of this pack, much like "Trust No 1" from Paralems. At the same time, it's also about as artistically iconic as the beloved "Death Titan" from Paralems.
For groupie 40:
Took me ~60 mins and a few tries to adapt some parts and reduce builder usage. The main difficulty here is the sheer size and needing to scoll slowly across the landscap a ton as even max zoom-out doesn't help. Nepster's Final Frustraition achived a way higher diffuculty with a much smaller size, less multitasking and less imidiate danger I must admit.

Absolutely! ;) As I said in the Groupie rank level list spoiler, this is merely my attempt at creating a Final-Frustration-like level. Final Frustration itself forces the player more elegantly to "waste" skills, especially the destructive ones, through a sequence of close-together structures, a bunch of tiny walls, each of which eats up a basher, miner, or digger. It also makes more use of the vertical dimension (without actually requiring vertical scrolling), and most of the crowds are contained from the beginning. The Grand Puzzle is not only much wider, but also several crowds walk to their death from the start, so they either need to be contained, or some serious multitasking is in order.

I will definitely try to create a level in a similar vein again (i.e. 10 or 20 of everything) in a much more condensed manner! ;)

As long as it ran smoothly on your PC (no lagging due to level size or similar), and took a pro player like you 60 minutes to figure out, for the time being I consider it a worthy closing to such a gargantuan pack. I guess that also goes to show that the final level should be attempted in a separate playing session all by itself :D . It's not something one can casually solve after having completed the penultimate level.
My packs so far:

Offline IchoTolot

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 28, 2019, 03:41:58 PM »
For the errors:

I still get 1 error: cattrap:catrap is missing on 6 09.

Also you seem to have forgotten to attach strato_generalmd now. I can't find it even looking into the zips.

For noisemaker:

I would still propose to flatten the quite harsh difficulty spikes a bit, as the difficulty itself can be quite over the place. Try to directly point at things in the text and not just vaguely hint at them. Turn some skills into pick-ups near intended positions as that lowers entropy by quite a bit. Even if it's not a tutorial, currently the difficulty is quite unexpectable.

Will continue playing soon. :)

Offline Strato Incendus

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 28, 2019, 09:51:18 PM »
I still get 1 error: cattrap:catrap is missing on 6 09.

Thanks for pointing this out! Indeed you mentioned it the first time already, but I must have overlooked it. :sorry: Seems like I only fixed "The lion sleeps tonight", but not "The eye of the tiger". Done now! ;)

Also you seem to have forgotten to attach strato_generalmd now. I can't find it even looking into the zips.

Oops, I must have accidentally unchecked that one as well when unchecking the box for the previous version of the pack. :-[ This time, I double-checked, thank you very much! ;)

Finally, I have to revisit this point:

I looked into the levels again, and indeed, the lemmings just disappeared without a trace, rather than actually being visible as they're getting killed by the traps. That of course destroys the entire visual appeal! ;) I had to re-position the updraft object so that it is in the background, but all the trap animations can still be seen. Specifically, the very first trap is a clam from the Beach tileset, and actually supposed to be completely visible - just like the crocodile trap on the left! ;)

So this was likely just a misunderstanding between Old and New Formats, as far as the correct order of objects is concerned. What I've never understood, both in Old and New Formats, is that the "to front" / "to back" feature works the other way round for objects as it does for terrain. Meaning: If you want an object in the very background (in this case: the updraft), you actually have to click "to front".

The fix has also been applied to the rerun, "Rolling in the deep". While some traps are indeed hidden behind the octopus, at least now they're all visible once they get activated! :evil:

So even this level is not supposed to be quite as troll-ish as it accidentally ended up in its first New-Formats iteration. Take a look at it again, now it works as it was supposed to in Old Formats! ;)

From a game-mechanics perspective, of course three of these five traps in total still count as hidden. From a flavour perspective, anyone who has played any of my previous packs knows all animals in my lemmings levels are hungry for meat... :evil:

On a happier note, though, regarding your solutions: It's so nice to finally be able to watch an entire rank worth of levels, played by an experienced player such as you, and not to see any backroutes! :thumbsup: Especially on harder levels which got backrouted by both Colorful Arty and Flopsy - specifically, "Glide and joy" (Noisemaker 08) and "Lemming, I hardly knew ya!" (Noisemaker 19).

Of course, I could get nit-picky here and there, but on all levels where you went with slightly alternative solutions, you still used the main idea each of these levels is supposed to teach. Also, given that even you already mentioned the difficulty of these Noisemaker levels, I see no necessity to tighten the skill limit even further - or doing so by enforcing the usage of every single skill provided. As long as the main idea has to be used, the player should definitely have some leeway on the first rank.

...and here are some for outside the spoiler:

Noisemaker 40, "Absolute beginners": This reminded me that not all of the talismans from Old Formats have been translated properly. Or, more specifically: On those levels which I manually reconverted by opening them in the editor, the talismans created from converting the entire pack got lost. In case of this level, I had to add a solid ceiling, which I always did in Old Formats, so that players of the Old-Formats version could no longer get confused about whether the ceiling was solid or deadly. Then, I reopened the level in the new editor, but of course, this doesn't copy talisman information, which was a property of the entire pack in Old Formats, rather than the individual level. This is supposed to have a talisman for only using destructive skills plus climbers. Of course, due to the individual-level conversion, it also lost the pre-level text telling the player about that.

Noisemaker 26, "Don't stop me now" also has a talisman for saving everyone - which you did. So simply run this replay again once the talisman is back! ;)

So I'll have to take a closer look again at which talismans were lost due to my individual-level conversion. I'll try to have all talismans back in the next update of the New-Formats version! :)

Just a question: Did you skip the first three levels? I didn't see any replays for those. 39 was missing because of the missing pieces from plom_psychmd, I know - these have been fixed now.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2019, 10:09:36 PM by Strato Incendus »
My packs so far:

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #11 on: October 28, 2019, 10:12:23 PM »
What I've never understood, both in Old and New Formats, is that the "to front" / "to back" feature works the other way round for objects as it does for terrain. Meaning: If you want an object in the very background (in this case: the updraft), you actually have to click "to front".

The issue here is perhaps that "back" and "front" aren't the best terms, and instead, "start" / "end" (of the piece list) would be more accurate. Pieces are drawn starting with the first piece in the list, then the 2nd, and so on. An "eraser" piece thus erases what's been drawn up to that point (but not anything drawn after it), and a "no overwrite" piece will be drawn behind (instead of in front of) all existing pieces - however, crucially, this doesn't change when the piece is drawn, just how it's drawn. Thus, a No Overwrite piece at the end of the list, will be drawn behind everything else (because the only thing that could get drawn behind that is another No Overwrite piece even later in the list).

Now, combine that with that objects generally have "No Overwrite" selected by default, and you see why these buttons seem to work backwards for objects - but they're actually doing exactly what they're meant to do, they just have a poor choice of name. And that's probably something that we should discuss fixing.
My Lemmings projects
2D Lemmings: NeoLemmix (engine) | Lemmings Plus Series (level packs) | Doomsday Lemmings (level pack)
3D Lemmings: Loap (engine) | L3DEdit (level / graphics editor) | L3DUtils (replay / etc utility) | Lemmings Plus 3D (level pack)

Offline IchoTolot

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 29, 2019, 12:25:58 PM »
Just a question: Did you skip the first three levels? I didn't see any replays for those. 39 was missing because of the missing pieces from plom_psychmd, I know - these have been fixed now.

Checked my zip again and it has Noisemaker 1-3. Maybe you overlooked them ???

Regarding groupie 40: I think a 100% solution is possible, but let's say I don't want to scroll for ages to search deeper for that. ;)   In a more compact level of this type I would consider trying to find one.

Offline IchoTolot

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 31, 2019, 04:57:09 PM »
Got noisemaker 39 here. :)

I thing about this level:

Also, the one cat level loads now! :)

Offline Strato Incendus

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 31, 2019, 09:03:14 PM »
Thanks, I also found and checked your replays for Noisemaker 1 through 3. Still everything as intended! :thumbsup:

Yeah, I know the fountain part of "Vegas Lights" is somewhat repetitive - that's why I mentioned it in the starting post. With just two fire traps, it wouldn't really look like a fountain anymore. Again, similarly to the octopus, this was an aesthetical choice, not a mechanical one.

This will be one of the main differences in Lemmings Open Air ;) , which has far fewer aesthetic ambitions and focuses more on a fair, mechanical challenge - similarly to Pit Lems, but with higher difficulty, and still connected by the music theme, as Lemmings World Tour.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2019, 10:27:16 AM by Strato Incendus »
My packs so far: