Author Topic: NeoLemmix V12.7.0-RC release [V12.7.0-RC6 update]  (Read 6949 times)

Offline Crane

• View Profile
Re: NeoLemmix V12.7.0-RC release
« Reply #15 on: October 07, 2019, 01:45:24 AM »
The final one, which is probably completely unnecessary... can "NEUTRAL" become "EXITER" if they make it to an exit? Just a silly idea since they worked in your favour.

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #16 on: October 07, 2019, 11:49:14 PM »
I mentioned on Discord that I agree re: neutral-zombie, however, I now remember why I distinguished these: So that the player can tell whether a given zombie was originally a neutral or not. Maybe this isn't important. Does anyone think this should be kept? If not, I'll remove it.

Does anyone agree with Crane regarding the neutral count on mouse-over? This could be slightly difficult (though not overly so) to implement, so I'd rather only do it if there's wide interest - but I'm happy to do it if there is.

As mentioned on Discord, I don't think making a special case for Neutral-Exiter is worthwhile.

The suggested change to always display neutral lemming skills when moused-over has been implemented, and will be in the next RC update.
My Lemmings projects
2D Lemmings: NeoLemmix (engine) | Lemmings Plus Series (level packs) | Doomsday Lemmings (level pack)
3D Lemmings: Loap (engine) | L3DEdit (level / graphics editor) | L3DUtils (replay / etc utility) | Lemmings Plus 3D (level pack)

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #17 on: October 08, 2019, 12:35:26 AM »
Uploaded V12.7.0-RC3. Changes:
- Main menu actually displays the RC build number now (ie: "RC3", not just "RC").
- A different graphic for orig_fire:firepit and orig_fire:firepit_blue. This is still not considered finalized; this is just a different proposal from the one in previous builds (which is not ruled out either; this is more just a "try a few out" thing).
- When mouse-overing a neutral lemming, the permanent skill icons for it will always be shown, even outside of clear physics mode (this is the same as what already happens with zombies).
- Fixed the bugs relating to the coloring of the alive lemming count.

The update link in the first post can be used to update from either previous V12.7.0-RC build.
My Lemmings projects
2D Lemmings: NeoLemmix (engine) | Lemmings Plus Series (level packs) | Doomsday Lemmings (level pack)
3D Lemmings: Loap (engine) | L3DEdit (level / graphics editor) | L3DUtils (replay / etc utility) | Lemmings Plus 3D (level pack)

Offline Crane

• View Profile
Re: NeoLemmix V12.7.0-RC release [V12.7.0-RC3 update]
« Reply #18 on: October 08, 2019, 05:14:25 AM »
In regards to whether a zombie was originally neutral or normal, I think the colour is enough of an indicator.  Speaking of colour, is there a consensus on the colour theme that we're going for?  One thing to note is that there's currently no clear distinction between neutrals that have permanent skills and those that don't (my level, "Last Lemming Standing", is a good indicator of this, as it has both zombies and neutrals with a mixture of permanent skills and those without).

Offline Crane

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 08, 2019, 07:42:28 AM »
P.S. Here's version 3 of my showcase level.  I've added some extra graphics, fixed a certain water pit and the talisman is now tougher to get (9 minutes instead of 10 minutes).  Music file can be found on the previous page.

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #20 on: October 08, 2019, 06:35:26 PM »
In regards to whether a zombie was originally neutral or normal, I think the colour is enough of an indicator.  Speaking of colour, is there a consensus on the colour theme that we're going for?  One thing to note is that there's currently no clear distinction between neutrals that have permanent skills and those that don't (my level, "Last Lemming Standing", is a good indicator of this, as it has both zombies and neutrals with a mixture of permanent skills and those without).

Ah, I interpreted your suggestion as "if a neutral gets infected, he's now only a zombie (not also a neutral)", not just "the help text only displays Zombie, not N-Zombie, but he retains neutral appearance features".

There hasn't been any further discussion on appearance since the RC build dropped. If there's another RC update, I should put one of the alternate proposals in it. Or, you can try it yourself by modifying styles/default/lemmings/scheme.nxmi - not the "LEMMING_NEUTRAL_xxxx" lines at the start (those relate to the recoloring for different styles), the $NEUTRAL sections a bit further down, and specifically the "TO" lines in these.
My Lemmings projects

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #21 on: October 23, 2019, 01:20:47 AM »
A somewhat major bug I've found in the current RC build: If you run the "Cleanse Levels" feature on a level that contains neutral lemmings, those lemmings will be reverted to regular lemmings.

This will be fixed in the stable version or the next RC update, but please watch out for this for now.
My Lemmings projects

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
Re: NeoLemmix V12.7.0-RC release [V12.7.0-RC4 update]
« Reply #22 on: October 23, 2019, 02:48:52 AM »
Uploaded V12.7.0-RC4 update.

Changes:
- The new firepit graphic has also been applied to the firepit in ichotolot_dune.
- Adopted Crane's proposal for neutral lemming appearances (with a very slight tweak to the exact color). Xmas sprites have a similar setup.
- Fixed bug: Cleansing levels reverts any neutral lemmings to regular ones.
- Fixed bug: Further issues with alive lemming count coloring. It should be correct at all times now.

The update link in the first post can be used to update from any previous V12.7.0-RC build.

I'd also like to remind people to look at the "Matters still under discussion" on the first post, and give their feedback if they have any.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2019, 04:08:45 AM by namida »
My Lemmings projects

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
Re: NeoLemmix V12.7.0-RC release [V12.7.0-RC5 update]
« Reply #23 on: October 27, 2019, 02:37:20 AM »
Uploaded V12.7.0-RC5 update.

Changes:
- L3_Shadow one way arrows now move in the same direction they point.
- Fixed bug: levels.nxmi files still use "$RANK" instead of "$GROUP". (Like all other format changes, BC exists until V12.10.0.)
- Fixed bug: RR changes while paused are not reflected on the skill panel correctly.

This update also comes with Editor V1.16. This editor fixes a bug when loading old-format levels.

At this stage - is there anyone who isn't happy with the current proposals (ie: what's included with V12.7.0-RC5) for the fire pit object graphics and/or neutral lemming appearances? I would like to consider these issues "wrapped up" soon.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2019, 02:45:03 AM by namida »
My Lemmings projects

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #24 on: November 01, 2019, 11:40:58 PM »
Alright, from this point - no further suggestions / "how should this work" changes*; only bugfixes or style updates.

* By this, I mean "specifically for V12.7's release". You're still welcome to make suggestions, but they'll have to wait for V12.8 to actually be implemented.
My Lemmings projects

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #25 on: November 03, 2019, 01:27:44 AM »
Matters still under discussion between RC and stable
- Neutral lemmings - do we want a count to be displayed when mousing over?

Any further input on this? It seems that aside from the person who initially mentioned this, no one's too fussed about it. (Of course, this feature can come later, so it's not critical to decide now.) It would be a bit of extra work to get this done, so while I'm happy to do it if there is enough interest, I'm not going to do it if there isn't.
My Lemmings projects

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
Re: NeoLemmix V12.7.0-RC release [V12.7.0-RC6 update]
« Reply #26 on: November 03, 2019, 01:57:49 AM »
Uploaded V12.7.0-RC6. This will very likely be the final RC build, and I expect that there will be no further changes (except maybe the above issue) between this and stable version, except for styles.

Download link is in first post. Please note - unlike previous updates, this one is not provided as an update package, it's a full redownload (due to certain files being removed from the styles).

Changes:
- Various styles updates.
- Added a "piece alias" capability, to allow one piece or style name to be redirected to another - for example it's used with the removed duplicate piece in namida_circuit to automatically replace the removed version with the non-removed one*. This feature will likely be expanded on in the future.
- orig_dirt_md has been restored.

* To be clear to anyone worried about this: The two pieces in question here are 100% identical. Graphically and physics-wise.
My Lemmings projects

Offline WillLem

• Unity isn't sameness, it's togetherness
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 05, 2019, 01:22:21 AM »

Any further input on this? It seems that aside from the person who initially mentioned this, no one's too fussed about it. (Of course, this feature can come later, so it's not critical to decide now.) It would be a bit of extra work to get this done, so while I'm happy to do it if there is enough interest, I'm not going to do it if there isn't.

SL does this. It's a fairly useful feature, but if it's a lot of work then NL already has plenty of Lemming selection/control features which would make this one simply a pleasant add-on.

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #28 on: November 05, 2019, 01:26:51 AM »

SL does this. It's a fairly useful feature, but if it's a lot of work then NL already has plenty of Lemming selection/control features which would make this one simply a pleasant add-on.

SuperLemmini doesn't have neutral lemmings, so I'm pretty sure it doesn't display a count of neutrals on mouseover.

If you're thinking about for regular lemmings, NL already does this - it just doesn't do it for zombies or neutrals.
My Lemmings projects

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #29 on: November 07, 2019, 06:31:42 PM »
Unless a critical bug is discovered, no further changes to the engine will occur between now and V12.7.0 stable release. Further styles additions / updates may still be submitted. Editor will remain as-is on initial V12.7.0 / editor V1.16 release, but I hope to get an update to it shortly afterwards.
My Lemmings projects