Author Topic: Unlimited skills  (Read 1811 times)

Offline tor

• View Profile
Unlimited skills
« on: October 25, 2019, 06:02:17 PM »
Is this possible to have unlimited skills in NeoLemmix?
Windows 10 Enterprise 1909 (64-bit)
Java version 8 update 251 (64-bit)
SuperLemmini 0.104a
NeoLemmix Player V12.8.2

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
Re: Unlimited skills
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2019, 06:22:08 PM »
Yes, although I don't know if the editor properly supports it. You can modify the level file (as text) to give a skill count greater than 99, which the game treats as infinite.
My Lemmings projects
2D Lemmings: NeoLemmix (engine) | Lemmings Plus Series (level packs) | Doomsday Lemmings (level pack)
3D Lemmings: Loap (engine) | L3DEdit (level / graphics editor) | L3DUtils (replay / etc utility) | Lemmings Plus 3D (level pack)

Offline tor

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2019, 04:05:59 AM »
As each level have a separate file, I need to edit each level in a level pack separately in order to get unlimited skills from all of them, which is very hard to me. There is a simpler way to get this cheat?
Windows 10 Enterprise 1909 (64-bit)
Java version 8 update 251 (64-bit)
SuperLemmini 0.104a
NeoLemmix Player V12.8.2

Offline Simon

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Lix
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2019, 05:57:19 AM »
I need to edit each level in a level pack separately in order to get unlimited skills from all of them, which is very hard to me.

That's a natural task for an automated script that finds levels, then edits all the skill lines. I suppose you're on Windows, I don't know enough Windows scripting to do it for you, but maybe somebody else can jump in?

Still, interesting singleplayer feature idea in general.

Player should be allowed to assign unlimited skills, e.g., to test ideas in later parts of levels. Allow the numbers in the skill panel to drop into negatives. An attempt counts as solved only if no excess skills were assigned.

Conveying why the level is unsolvable during play, that will be hard for the user interface. Probably needs glaring text. :lix-suspicious:

-- Simon

Offline IchoTolot

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2019, 08:06:31 AM »
Player should be allowed to assign unlimited skills, e.g., to test ideas in later parts of levels. Allow the numbers in the skill panel to drop into negatives. An attempt counts as solved only if no excess skills were assigned.

I am only for that if you seperately must activate a "cheat mode" in the options. I really don't want my skills to drop into negatives! The chance is high I don't actively notice this, play on and then get really angry when I thought I solved the level only to find out a number dropped to -1.

So if this becomes a thing do it as an option, that is off by standard, to activate "cheat mode".

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2019, 07:01:51 PM »
NeoLemmix used to have this feature, way back in the early days. It was also possible to override which skills the level gave you. It was dropped because people felt it wasn't useful. I could probably restore it in the future if there's enough interest.

@tor - Sorry, I didn't realise you meant that you wanted, user-side, to have infinite skills. I was under the impression you wanted to create a level that provided infinite uses of one or more skills.
My Lemmings projects
2D Lemmings: NeoLemmix (engine) | Lemmings Plus Series (level packs) | Doomsday Lemmings (level pack)
3D Lemmings: Loap (engine) | L3DEdit (level / graphics editor) | L3DUtils (replay / etc utility) | Lemmings Plus 3D (level pack)