Author Topic: Bill's tomato game ost for NeoLemmix  (Read 1840 times)

Offline ∫tan x dx

• View Profile
Bill's tomato game ost for NeoLemmix
« on: September 20, 2019, 03:15:25 PM »
Hi all!

First, some background. Like many of you, I grew up on the Commodore Amiga, and one game in particular (except for lemmings, of course) always stuck in my mind: Bill's Tomato Game.

This peculiarly named game was developed and published by Psygnosis, and released in 1992 for the Amiga and Atari ST. The gameplay revolved around transporting a tomato around a level using platforms and fans placed by the player. It is vaguely reminiscent of lemmings, I suppose?

No doubt some of you are familiar with this game. But for those who aren't, here's a link to a longplay:
https://youtu.be/XNyMyfptN14

Anyway, this game had some pretty decent music. Music that I believe would fit into lemmings with reasonable ease.

So, I've uploaded a bunch of .ogg files of each of the ingame background musics, for your perusal.

Get the tracks here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/zppkb5ygpsccfig/BillsTomatoGameBGM.zip?dl=1

The tracks are full of midi goodness, although some tracks may be a little harsh on the ears.

It should be noted that, for some reason, the left/right music channels of each track are completely separate. That is, the left speaker and the right speaker actually play completely different parts of the track. This is completely intentional; the music was created like this. It still sounds good though, with left and right harmonizing nicely.

Each of the tracks are grouped into themes, with two tracks for each theme:

Death - Spooky and chilling. I'm thinking zombies? ;)
Dino - Quite generic really, and probably very versatile. They vaguely remind me of the Oh No Lemmings swamp style.
Egypt - Because one can never have too many Egyptian style musics! Extremely funky as well.
Future - Upbeat and energetic. They fit their themes well, evoking a sense of weird techno stuff.
Jungle - Skulking through caves and forests, anyone?
Machine - Mechanical clankings and dangerous contraptions.
Orient - Heavily inspired by 'oriental' music. These tracks are a bit more niche, but may still suit some levels?
Psych - Somewhat generic and 'odd'. The second track is more energetic while the first is just kind of weird. Still good, though.
Toyland - Light hearted and a bit silly. These might work well with a Lemmings 2 circus level.
Water - Dripping water and whirring turbines. Need I say more?

Let me know what you think! :thumbsup: