Author Topic: Problems with installing experimental version  (Read 1185 times)

Offline Proxima

• View Profile
Problems with installing experimental version
« on: September 08, 2019, 04:29:23 PM »
I installed the experimental from this post, which contains only the exe, no settings files, so I assumed that would be harmless. When I next opened NeoLemmix, my hotkeys were overwritten with the defaults, and the game window is shrunk to a tiny size. I checked the settings file (which I have attached, just in case) and it says "WindowWidth=960; WindowHeight=600". My screen is 1366 x 768, and the NL window is less than half that size in each dimension. Other than ditching the experimental, how should I get my preferred window size back?

EDIT: I reinstalled the main 12.6 exe, and it still has the window size issue :'(

EDIT 2: I installed vanilla 12.6 into a new folder, and it works fine. However, even after copying the settings file from this new installation to the folder with the experimental, the latter still has the window issue. I've also tried changing the "960 x 600" in settings to "1280 x 800"; no effect.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2019, 04:58:36 PM by Proxima »

Offline IchoTolot

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Problems with installing experimental version
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2019, 04:50:06 PM »
That did not happen when I replaced my exe, so I also thought it would be harmless as well - as you described there is no settings file. For me the only change were the ones that I described there and I am also riddled what went wrong here. 

Are there any setting stored in the exe itself ???

For a resolution fix maybe just change the "WindowWidth=960; WindowHeight=600" to you screen's dimensions.

I'll add a warning to my post.

Offline Proxima

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2019, 05:31:48 PM »
Some more data:

I have now tried re-installing vanilla 12.6 into a new folder. I still have the same issue (NL is not only ignoring whatever is in the settings file, but changing zoom level in-game does nothing).

I have found a quick fix: turning fullscreen on and then off again gets me to the window size set in settings. However, NL doesn't remember this so I have to do it every time I open NL.

Offline Proxima

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2019, 12:20:17 AM »
This is resolved by the newest NL version, so this topic can be closed now.