Author Topic: [BUG][INSTALLER] Installer appears crashed while downloading / extracting  (Read 2915 times)

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
Except for the occasional update of the "X of Y downloaded" (or "extracted") text, there's no indication that the installer is doing anything while downloading, and it appears as if it's crashed.

One user has claimed the installer crashes when he tries to use it; as he was able to see the list of level packs, this suggests the crash comes only when the download was actually started. This means there's a good chance it hadn't actually crashed, but it was just this issue.

Workaround: None needed. The installer is working, it just doesn't respond properly to user input / system messages while downloading. But this needs to be fixed for user-friendliness reasons.
My Lemmings projects
2D Lemmings: NeoLemmix (engine) | Lemmings Plus Series (level packs) | Doomsday Lemmings (level pack)
3D Lemmings: Loap (engine) | L3DEdit (level / graphics editor) | L3DUtils (replay / etc utility) | Lemmings Plus 3D (level pack)

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
I've uploaded an improved installer that shows a clearer indication that it's making progress. Leaving this open as there's still room to improve it further.
My Lemmings projects
2D Lemmings: NeoLemmix (engine) | Lemmings Plus Series (level packs) | Doomsday Lemmings (level pack)
3D Lemmings: Loap (engine) | L3DEdit (level / graphics editor) | L3DUtils (replay / etc utility) | Lemmings Plus 3D (level pack)

Offline kokopelli

• View Profile
Hi!
We've just downloaded the V12.10.3 installer and tried to install in a complete new folder. After selecting all level packs the installer reported an error while extracting SEBLems. I've made a screenshot.
Kokopelli