Author Topic: [Bug][Editor] Inconsistent naming bomber / exploder  (Read 1239 times)

Offline Strato Incendus

• The King of Shimmiers (crowned by Flopsy ;D )
  • #RIP Spearer/Grenader (2020 - 2021)
    • View Profile
[Bug][Editor] Inconsistent naming bomber / exploder
« on: August 17, 2019, 11:36:06 AM »
This is so minor that I feel stupid for even calling it a bug, but even more stupid for never having noticed it so far:

In the editor, in the skill panel selection, the skill is called "Exploder".

However, when you place a pickup skill and select what type of skill it is supposed to be, the ticking box is still labeled as "Bomber".

Might be somewhat confusing for new users. ;) If Exploder is the new term, which I do prefer because it's unambiguous and avoids confusion for anyone who has played Lemmings 2, then the pickup skill should also be called that way.
My packs so far:
Lemmings World Tour (New & Old Formats), my music-themed flagship pack, 320 levels - Let's Played by Colorful Arty
Lemmings Open Air, my newest release and follow-up to World Tour, 120 levels
Paralems (Old Formats), a more flavour-driven one, 150 levels
Pit Lems (Old Formats), a more puzzly one, 100 levels - Let's Played by nin10doadict
Lemmicks, a pack for (very old) NeoLemmix 1.43 full of gimmicks, 170 levels

Offline IchoTolot

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: [Bug][Editor] Inconsistent naming bomber / exploder
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2019, 02:33:46 PM »
I am also in for Exploder, as it is more precise in the fact that no bomb is involved here.

Offline Proxima

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2019, 04:59:50 PM »
Exploder makes sense, but Bomber has a lot of culture behind it, being referred to by name in many level titles.

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2019, 08:00:24 PM »
Bomber is the official name. The editor was originally created with "Exploder". I intended to correct all such cases, but seems I missed one. I'll have an editor update soon to fix a few bugs I've found, so I'll correct that too.
My Lemmings projects
2D Lemmings: NeoLemmix (engine) | Lemmings Plus Series (level packs) | Doomsday Lemmings (level pack)
3D Lemmings: Loap (engine) | L3DEdit (level / graphics editor) | L3DUtils (replay / etc utility) | Lemmings Plus 3D (level pack)

Offline Strato Incendus

• The King of Shimmiers (crowned by Flopsy ;D )
  • #RIP Spearer/Grenader (2020 - 2021)
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2019, 09:57:10 PM »
@Proxima: Good point about the level titles. Even though levels like "A task for blockers and bombers" have been renamed to "A task for bombers" already for Lemmings Redux, because the blockers aren't needed with instant bombers - so it wouldn't be too far fetched to change such a title to "A task for exploders".

But yeah, Original Lemmings will always be available for NeoLemmix, as well, of course - and those level titles are bound to remain the same. So I can see the case for going back to just plain old "bombers" now - wouldn't mind that either. We just should decide for one and stick with that. ;)
My packs so far:
Lemmings World Tour (New & Old Formats), my music-themed flagship pack, 320 levels - Let's Played by Colorful Arty
Lemmings Open Air, my newest release and follow-up to World Tour, 120 levels
Paralems (Old Formats), a more flavour-driven one, 150 levels
Pit Lems (Old Formats), a more puzzly one, 100 levels - Let's Played by nin10doadict
Lemmicks, a pack for (very old) NeoLemmix 1.43 full of gimmicks, 170 levels