Author Topic: [SUG][PLAYER] Jump guide for Shimmiers?  (Read 2160 times)

Offline Minim

• View Profile
[SUG][PLAYER] Jump guide for Shimmiers?
« on: August 17, 2019, 09:32:33 AM »
There are guides for the majority of building and digging skills etc., but how about a guide for the jump height of a Shimmier? So far I can't tell how high in pixels a reacher can jump, and to waste a skill when it can't jump onto a certain ceiling is harsh.

Other than that, really enjoying the new Shimmier skill. :thumbsup: It's amazing, unless you're trying to make it disarm a trap. Like the climber, a shimmier can't disarm traps either.
Level Solving Contest creator. Anybody bored and looking for a different challenge? Try these levels!

Neolemmix: #1 #4 #5 #6
Lix: #2  #7
Both Engines: #3

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
Re: [SUG][PLAYER] Jump guide for Shimmiers?
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2019, 09:57:07 AM »
That's not a bad idea. I'll look into what I can do there.
My Lemmings projects
2D Lemmings: NeoLemmix (engine) | Lemmings Plus Series (level packs) | Doomsday Lemmings (level pack)
3D Lemmings: Loap (engine) | L3DEdit (level / graphics editor) | L3DUtils (replay / etc utility) | Lemmings Plus 3D (level pack)

Offline Strato Incendus

• The King of Shimmiers (crowned by Flopsy ;D )
  • #RIP Spearer/Grenader (2020 - 2021)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2019, 11:07:24 AM »
Ah, you mean a skill shadow for the Shimmier? Yes, great idea! :thumbsup:

Speaking of "jumps": The Jumper will probably also need a skill shadow when it's getting introduced - a parabolic one, in that case. For the Shimmier, a simple vertical line, similar to the splat ruler, but more transparent like the other skill shadows, will most likely suffice.
My packs so far:
Lemmings World Tour (New & Old Formats), my music-themed flagship pack, 320 levels - Let's Played by Colorful Arty
Lemmings Open Air, my newest release and follow-up to World Tour, 120 levels
Paralems (Old Formats), a more flavour-driven one, 150 levels
Pit Lems (Old Formats), a more puzzly one, 100 levels - Let's Played by nin10doadict
Lemmicks, a pack for (very old) NeoLemmix 1.43 full of gimmicks, 170 levels

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2019, 08:05:21 PM »
I was actually thinking of shadowing the entire shimmy path, to be honest. And yes - jumper will need this too.
My Lemmings projects
2D Lemmings: NeoLemmix (engine) | Lemmings Plus Series (level packs) | Doomsday Lemmings (level pack)
3D Lemmings: Loap (engine) | L3DEdit (level / graphics editor) | L3DUtils (replay / etc utility) | Lemmings Plus 3D (level pack)

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2019, 09:38:43 AM »
Attachment says it all. ;)
My Lemmings projects

Offline Strato Incendus

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2019, 10:56:49 AM »
Ah, great! That allows not only to see the jump height, but also how far the Shimmier will be able to go before falling off the ceiling. Great job, namida! :thumbsup:
My packs so far:
Lemmings World Tour (New & Old Formats), my music-themed flagship pack, 320 levels - Let's Played by Colorful Arty
Pit Lems (Old Formats), a more puzzly one, 100 levels - Let's Played by nin10doadict

Offline Minim

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 18, 2019, 12:10:13 PM »
Great work. :thumbsup: I thought the chosen path would go in between the terrain and the background and confuse me, but for it to be shown on a clear background, that works really well!
Level Solving Contest creator. Anybody bored and looking for a different challenge? Try these levels!

Neolemmix: #1 #4 #5 #6
Lix: #2  #7
Both Engines: #3

Offline NieSch

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 19, 2019, 02:14:13 PM »
I have another question about the shimmier but it isn't about jumping.

It's about a climber facing left that once it hits the ceiling can be turned into a shimmier facing right. I was a bit surprised to find out this can be done since it looks like there's no option for the lemming to turn around up there. Is this normal behavior or something to fix? :)

My NeoLemmix packs: All You Need Is Lemmings - Long Live Lemmings! - Yippee! More Lemmings
SuperLemmix: Tomb Rodents featuring Lemmina Croft

Offline Strato Incendus

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 19, 2019, 02:20:35 PM »
Normal, as it is inspired by Lemmings 2: The Tribes. The only difference is that in Lemmings 2, the Climber spends a couple of frames dangling from the ceiling before falling down again - during that time period is when you can assign a Shimmier to a Climber in Lemmings 2. In NeoLemmix, the transition is immediate - and of course, it also works the other way round (a right-facing Climber can be turned into a left-facing Shimmier at the ceiling). ;)
My packs so far:

Offline NieSch

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 19, 2019, 02:28:11 PM »
Cool. (That means I don't have to change the level I'm making at the moment. ;) )
My NeoLemmix packs: All You Need Is Lemmings - Long Live Lemmings! - Yippee! More Lemmings
SuperLemmix: Tomb Rodents featuring Lemmina Croft

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #10 on: August 19, 2019, 07:53:11 PM »
That is an intended behaviour.
My Lemmings projects