Author Topic: NeoLemmix V12.6.5, Editor 1.14 Release  (Read 7489 times)

Offline Dullstar

• View Profile
    • Leafwing Studios Website (EXTREMELY OUTDATED)
Re: NeoLemmix V12.6.1 Release
« Reply #15 on: August 18, 2019, 04:48:11 PM »
Restoring the online functionality is on my to-do list, although a relatively low priority. (This is a bit better than when it wasn't even planned to happen, I guess.)

Once this is looked at, is there any way we could get any automatic updating features? It would make keeping up with the latest versions a lot easier.

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #16 on: August 18, 2019, 07:17:00 PM »
I prefer to avoid automatically downloading and installing the update, but old NL, when online features worked, was able to inform users that an update exists.
My Lemmings projects
2D Lemmings: NeoLemmix (engine) | Lemmings Plus Series (level packs) | Doomsday Lemmings (level pack)
3D Lemmings: Loap (engine) | L3DEdit (level / graphics editor) | L3DUtils (replay / etc utility) | Lemmings Plus 3D (level pack)

Offline tor

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 19, 2019, 04:08:14 PM »
I get the following message, when choosing a level:
Windows 10 Enterprise 1909 (64-bit)
Java version 8 update 251 (64-bit)
SuperLemmini 0.104a
NeoLemmix Player V12.8.2

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #18 on: August 19, 2019, 08:03:36 PM »
I get the following message, when choosing a level:

That suggests you don't have the styles downloaded, or they're in the wrong place. Download the styles (linked in the first post), and extract them to your NeoLemmix folder. If done correctly, the main NeoLemmix folder will have two new folders in it: "styles" and "sounds".

Alternatively, you can use the NeoLemmix installer. Make sure to leave checked at least the boxes for "NeoLemmix" and "Styles"; up to you if you want the editor and some level packs too.
My Lemmings projects
2D Lemmings: NeoLemmix (engine) | Lemmings Plus Series (level packs) | Doomsday Lemmings (level pack)
3D Lemmings: Loap (engine) | L3DEdit (level / graphics editor) | L3DUtils (replay / etc utility) | Lemmings Plus 3D (level pack)

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
Re: NeoLemmix V12.6.2, Editor 1.13 Release
« Reply #19 on: August 19, 2019, 08:25:11 PM »
Uploaded NeoLemmix V12.6.2 and Editor V1.13. See first post for changes.

The attached ZIP file can be used to update NeoLemmix to V12.6.2 (from V12.6.0 or V12.6.1 only) without a full redownload. This patch includes the slight tweaks to a couple of L2 styles' lemming sprites that were made shortly after the V12.6.0 release.
My Lemmings projects

Offline IchoTolot

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 19, 2019, 08:32:54 PM »
Is it normal that the "choose file" boxes are not resizable anymore? It is kinda really annoying that it is forced that they stay so small now. :(   (I had them quite large before the update to display more stuff at once)

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #21 on: August 19, 2019, 08:36:21 PM »
I haven't intentionally made any change there - it might be a side effect of the upgrade to Delphi 10.3.
My Lemmings projects

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
Re: NeoLemmix V12.6.3, Editor 1.13 Release
« Reply #22 on: August 24, 2019, 02:59:44 AM »
V12.6.3 uploaded. Mostly fixes, with one minor new feature.

> Restored the open / save dialogs as they were in V12.6.1 and earlier.
> Replays can now be loaded on the preview screen.
> Fixed bug: Recolored objects (eg. one-way arrows in the default style) don't display correctly when flipped, inverted or rotated.
> Fixed bug: Can reach the main menu from testplay mode by pressing Esc on a pretext / posttext screen.

Download link for the full download is in the first post. If you want to update from V12.6.0 or newer, use the attachment on this post.
My Lemmings projects

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
Re: NeoLemmix V12.6.3, Editor 1.14 Release
« Reply #23 on: August 24, 2019, 07:10:30 PM »
Editor V1.14 uploaded. Just a few bugfixes.

Fixed bug: Error messages often occur when editing a pickup skill count or a lemming limit and then selecting a piece that doesn't support those values. Note that I am not 100% confident in this fix, but haven't been able to reproduce the issue so far anymore.
Fixed bug: Editor reverts to default directory in Open / Save dialogs after opening a level that isn't a current-formats NeoLemmix level.
Fixed bug: Many object types are artificially prevented from being flipped or rotated. For a few types, this restriction is still in place for technical reasons, but it's been lifted for most types.

Download link is in the first post.
My Lemmings projects

Offline tor

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 27, 2019, 08:25:58 AM »
Why the Internet Options are still not available?
Windows 10 Enterprise 1909 (64-bit)
Java version 8 update 251 (64-bit)
SuperLemmini 0.104a
NeoLemmix Player V12.8.2

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #25 on: August 27, 2019, 09:04:25 AM »
Why the Internet Options are still not available?

Because I haven't got around to re-implementing them yet.
My Lemmings projects

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
Re: NeoLemmix V12.6.4, Editor 1.14 Release
« Reply #26 on: August 30, 2019, 12:32:55 AM »
V12.6.4 update, which has a single bugfix - that any object animations that get recolored, where the color is specified to be 0xFFFFFF, end up being invisible. This would most commonly affect one-way arrows.

As usual, you can use the attached update ZIP to update from any version from V12.6.0 onwards, to V12.6.4. (If you're still on V12.4.X or earlier, you'll need a full redownload; see the first post.)
« Last Edit: August 30, 2019, 12:38:51 AM by namida »
My Lemmings projects

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
Re: NeoLemmix V12.6.5, Editor 1.14 Release
« Reply #27 on: September 08, 2019, 09:21:57 PM »
Uploaded V12.6.5. This fixes some issues with fullscreen / windowed mode switching, as well as puts extra precautions in place against loss of data if errors occur during loading settings / hotkeys. Additionally, since it seems stable enough and merges with V12.6 easily enough, I have integrated the hotkey placeholders in preview texts feature too (mostly intended for use by the NeoLemmix Introduction Pack).

If you're upgrading an existing installation, and don't already have the September 2019 styles update, please download it here: https://www.neolemmix.com/download.php?id=322
Or get the upgrade version (if you had the August 2019 styles already) from here: https://www.lemmingsforums.net/index.php?topic=4139.msg76845#msg76845

Then, you can download the attached EXE to update.

No, this update does NOT add the new custom pickup skills system, or the lemming sprite recoloring system, or antisplat pads, or any other coming-in-V12.7.0 feature, because this is not V12.7.0.
My Lemmings projects

Offline chrisleec728

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 02, 2019, 12:16:17 AM »
Hmm, I specifically omitted certain levelpacks in the update installation, but it appears that it installed those levelpacks anyway.

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #29 on: October 02, 2019, 02:26:59 AM »
Hmm, I specifically omitted certain levelpacks in the update installation, but it appears that it installed those levelpacks anyway.

I just tested and cannot reproduce any bug where it installs level packs that have been marked as do-not-install.

However, I did find a bug which could lead to an impression of that: If you highlight multiple level packs in the list, some of which are selected for download and others of which are not, then click the "Download" checkbox, it sets all of them to "Download" and then clears the selection. If you then click the checkbox again, it unchecks it, but doesn't actually alter the download flag on any packs.
My Lemmings projects