Author Topic: Proxima's streams  (Read 6721 times)

Offline Proxima

• View Profile
Proxima's streams
« on: June 19, 2019, 01:38:47 AM »
I'm hoping to do a stream of A Link to the Past some time tomorrow (Thursday). Don't have an exact time for it yet, but maybe around 6pm (UK time). Hope to see some of you there :thumbsup:

Links to past streams:

The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past
Part 1: in which I play a Zelda game for the first time!
Part 2: in which we learn how to use explosives!
Part 3: in which we play DROD RPG and Rabi-Ribi!
Part 4: in which we unleash the power of laser sword!
Part 5: in which we play Lavender Levels!
Part 6: in which magic runs out of control!
Part 7: in which Link solves everything with fire!
Part 8: in which the blind lead the blind!
Part 9: in which we grapple with ice physics!
Part 10: in which we play the Ocarina of Space!
Part 11: in which Link gazes into the abyss!
Part 12: in which we learn advanced speedrunning techniques!
Part 13: in which we make a little wish!

The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening
Part 1: Concerning the unbearable heaviness of being.

Super Mario Bros.
Part 1: in which Mario fights his way past Goombas, Piranha Plants and Bullet Bills, only to find that his worst enemy lies up ahead... a springboard.
Part 2: in which I practise Worlds 1-5 and make some interesting discoveries.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2019, 09:44:44 PM by Proxima »

Offline Ramon

• View Profile
    • JRK Studios
Re: Proxima's streams
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2019, 08:06:15 AM »
Are you gonna play vanilla or the randomizer :) or both in sequence?

Offline mobius

• relax.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2019, 10:28:26 PM »
:thumbsup: nice; I think you have; but if you haven't played a randomizer before they are SUPER fun :D
everything by me: https://www.lemmingsforums.net/index.php?topic=5982.msg96035#msg96035

"Not knowing how near the truth is, we seek it far away."
-Hakuin Ekaku

"I have seen a heap of trouble in my life, and most of it has never come to pass" - Mark Twain

Offline Proxima

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2019, 05:20:20 PM »
Live now at https://youtu.be/zgV-7t6-tE4 !

EDIT: Just finished the first stream. In just under 2 hours, I messed around a lot, harassed some chickens, and completed the first dungeon. I enjoyed the game a lot and I hope to continue at the same time next week! :D
« Last Edit: June 20, 2019, 07:12:56 PM by Proxima »

Offline Ramon

• View Profile
    • JRK Studios
« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2019, 10:41:15 PM »
That laughing fit when discovering the character you were playing as...

Hearing you describe the player character as a leprechaun...

Made my day :thumbsup:

Offline mobius

• relax.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2019, 12:16:02 AM »
aw, I missed it but; nice that you did it on youtube so it's still there. Nice to see a blind LP of the game! :) I look forward to more!

fyi: don't ask me why I thought you were doing a randomized run when when you clearly didn't mention "randomizer" at all... because ramon mentioned it, and I was apparently very tired (and am now as well...)

honestly the leprechaun comment is fairly accurate when I think about it... I always disliked Link's sprite from this game; compared to every other game anyway.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2019, 01:01:54 AM by mobius »
everything by me: https://www.lemmingsforums.net/index.php?topic=5982.msg96035#msg96035

"Not knowing how near the truth is, we seek it far away."
-Hakuin Ekaku

"I have seen a heap of trouble in my life, and most of it has never come to pass" - Mark Twain

Offline Ramon

• View Profile
    • JRK Studios
« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2019, 08:20:35 AM »
You're on a roll. I totally missed the few inbetween streams and now there's like 4 more parts up :scared:

Offline Proxima

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 18, 2019, 10:06:03 PM »
Almost at the end! I'm planning a grand finale stream to finish off A Link to the Past tomorrow (Friday) at 7pm UK time! Hope to see you all there!

Offline Ramon

• View Profile
    • JRK Studios
« Reply #8 on: July 19, 2019, 10:36:02 AM »
Hey, just a little note if you're still at that section. You're about to climb the tower of Ganon's Tower without a small key, but there was a locked door when you turned back. Just a heads up that you will need to find another small key before you climb up the tower again, just to save you some time and nerves!

Offline Proxima

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 03, 2019, 09:46:06 PM »
Back to Zelda at last! I'm going to try to do this at a more regular time, 8pm (UK time) on Tuesdays, from now on.

Offline Proxima

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 11, 2019, 03:02:06 AM »
A couple of things happened in today's stream that I need to talk about.

Firstly, unfortunately there were technical issues that interfered with the stream. I don't get to see what it's like for the viewers, but apparently there was a lot of lag and jumps, including jumping right over the boss fight. I'm not sure what to do about these issues, but I will try to do what I can for next stream. One of my friends from the DROD forums has offered to help me with OBS settings in case there's anything that can be improved there.

Secondly, a couple of people in chat were a bit too pushy with giving me directions for where to go next, and telling me things I shouldn't know yet. Please don't do this. A big part of these streams is giving people who already know the game well the experience of watching someone playing the game blind -- it's very hard to find a true blind playthrough for games as old and well-known as these. If I get stuck and need directions, I'll ask for them, but otherwise I want to record a warts-and-all experience, stumbling around the game world and finding little bits and pieces that gradually add up to a big picture. This is a huge part of my enjoyment of the game, and in my experience, it's when things go well and I am enjoying myself that it's more enjoyable for everyone.

Anyway, I'm sorry this week didn't go so well, but I hope we'll have a much better time next week.