Author Topic: Where to get an ISO of the Lemmings Paintball Bonus Pack disc? (Not Piracy)  (Read 3256 times)

Offline AshleyAshes

• View Profile
So in short, at a flea market I managed to pick up a number of big box lemmings games, including 3D, Revolution, and Painball Bonus Pack, that's the release of Paintball that includes the Win95 ports of Lemmings and Oh No More Lemmings.  The problem I have is, well, the Paintball box is still *sealed* and I'm unwilling to open it just to dump the discs.  The other two were opened and there was no issue in dumping them to have a go at them while keeping the real discs safe on a shelf.  I'm also specifically looking for an ISO of this EXACT disc, not just 'Lemmings Paintball' from any region, it's kinda a preservation aspect rather than just 'being able to play the game'.

Anyone know where I can get a dump of the discs of that exact SKU?

https://i.imgur.com/esaliGg.jpg

Offline Minim

• View Profile
I do remember when I got Lemmings Paintball it compiled with Windows Lemmings. It appears after a bit of research you would only be able to get this from UK, Australia and New Zealand. I don't have the CD anymore but I remember that the disc was clear and dark purple and has the title in capital letters. Wasn't there also a 3D Lemmings disc in the same style too?

BTW, never heard of a "flea market". Sounds disgusting. :P
Level Solving Contest creator. Anybody bored and looking for a different challenge? Try these levels!

Neolemmix: #1 #4 #5 #6
Lix: #2  #7
Both Engines: #3

Offline IchoTolot

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
"flea market"

In germany it's like a garage sale on the town's market place where everyone can open their own little stand to sell (mostly) old things.

Offline AshleyAshes

• View Profile
I do remember when I got Lemmings Paintball it compiled with Windows Lemmings. It appears after a bit of research you would only be able to get this from UK, Australia and New Zealand. I don't have the CD anymore but I remember that the disc was clear and dark purple and has the title in capital letters. Wasn't there also a 3D Lemmings disc in the same style too?

BTW, never heard of a "flea market". Sounds disgusting. :P

This isn't that SKU though, I was able to find similar ISOs for EU releases with 'Dice' branding on it as the publisher.  But I'm here in Canada and I'm pretty certain that this is a North American SKU.

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
"flea market"

In germany it's like a garage sale on the town's market place where everyone can open their own little stand to sell (mostly) old things.

In NZ, it's usually just another term for a garage sale.
My Lemmings projects
2D Lemmings: NeoLemmix (engine) | Lemmings Plus Series (level packs) | Doomsday Lemmings (level pack)
3D Lemmings: Loap (engine) | L3DEdit (level / graphics editor) | L3DUtils (replay / etc utility) | Lemmings Plus 3D (level pack)

Offline Flopsy

• Global Moderator
  • Lix Nerd
    • View Profile
"flea market"

In NZ, it's usually just another term for a garage sale.

In UK it's also used but the term "Car Boot Sale" tends to be coined more due to the use and presence of cars.

I had the disc in question in the past however I don't have it anymore. It tends to be more common to find Paintball as a standalone game now I noticed. It definitely does exist though.

Offline ccexplore

• View Profile
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flea_market

Seems like the origin of the term is subject of debate, but yes, looks like many of the origin theories do apparently involve the concept of the merchandise being potentially flea-infested. :-\  (In reality the merchandise are usually not that disgusting.)

Ichotolot's description for Germany seems to match the US's exactly.  In contrast to flea markets, "garage sale" in the US is usually carried out by just one individual or household, usually literally doing it out of their own garage or yard (hence also often called "yard sale"), as opposed to a flea market being a whole marketplace of multiple different vendors all selling used stuff.  Also, I think with a flea market you're likely to have some/many/most vendors actually selling there regularly for a living.  In contrast, garage/yard sales tend to be much more ad-hoc, and often the result of an impending move, or perhaps a significant housecleaning effort.

Offline AshleyAshes

• View Profile
This conversation is not yielding the ISO I want, making me wonder if I should open the package just to dump the disc and put it on Archive.org myself, but I'm at least were all entertained by the 'Flea Market' conversation that I've inspired. :P

Offline ccexplore

• View Profile
Yeah, it looks like most likely no one here has the SKU you're looking for.  I checked and the one I own (which I bought from someone else here a while ago) is also the Dice publisher one.  To be fair, there are a lot more people out there who probably might still own the CDs for the SKU you are looking for, but no longer active in anything Lemmings-related (so they wouldn't be on this forum), plus we've also seen people like "Deceit" who only found this place very recently.

Perhaps a different forum more oriented towards collecting/preservation of old PC games would be a more fruitful place for you to ask.  That or if you're willing to spend extra money to buy a second copy online, there's a decent chance you can find it on eBay or similar.

Paintball being one of the less traditionally Lemmings-like Lemmings game, it doesn't surprise me that even most people here don't own the game, heck many probably never even played or installed the game.  Good luck with your search (if you decide to keep searching and not open your own box).

Offline 607

• View Profile
Re: Where to get an ISO of the Lemmings Paintball Bonus Pack disc? (Not Piracy)
« Reply #9 on: September 04, 2019, 07:19:06 PM »
Interesting etymology discussion. :P I've only used 'flea market' as a translation for the market we used to have at Queen's Day, and now have at King's Day.
Anyway, the disc I have is Ultimate Lemmings, so not the one you're looking for.
By the way, is that stuff under the boxes yours? Looks like quite the collection. :o