Author Topic: GeoffLems - Converted for new formats  (Read 5236 times)

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
GeoffLems - Converted for new formats
« on: May 26, 2019, 01:08:28 AM »
Another great pack (if perhaps not nearly as old as MazuLems) with a no-longer-active creator, that needed a conversion to new-formats. Well, here it is! :D

I highly recommend this pack to everyone - it's not overly difficult (the hardest levels are IMO comparable to some of ONML's harder ones, which is quite easy by fanmade content standards), so it's suitable for those who are new to fan content; but it's full of great levels.

You can find the original GeoffLems topic here: https://www.lemmingsforums.net/index.php?topic=1838.0

I've also attached replays to prove all levels are possible under the current version of NeoLemmix. Note that there is no guarantee that any of these are intended solutions.

This update, as well as ensuring in general that the levels work and are solvable under the current version of NL (12.4.0), also bring these levels up to modern standards in terms of empty space and time limits. Additionally, anywhere that multiple one-way arrow or water objects were used, it now uses resizing; and one-way arrows are better snapped to terrain in many cases.

Please let me know if:
- Any backroute has arisen as a direct result of porting to V12.XX.XX (if the backroute already existed before, I'm not interested in fixing it).
- Any solution that's known to be intended or actively accepted (ie: Geoffster was deliberately trying to keep it possible) is no longer possible.
- If there's a good reason to restore any time limit that I removed.
- Any other oddities, eg. weird screen start positions, mismatches between a level and its repeat, etc.

Download: https://www.neolemmix.com/download.php?id=362
Requires NL V12.7.0 or higher.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2019, 06:32:05 AM by namida »
My Lemmings projects
2D Lemmings: NeoLemmix (engine) | Lemmings Plus Series (level packs) | Doomsday Lemmings (level pack)
3D Lemmings: Loap (engine) | L3DEdit (level / graphics editor) | L3DUtils (replay / etc utility) | Lemmings Plus 3D (level pack)

Offline Akseli

• View Profile
Re: GeoffLems - Converted for new formats
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2019, 10:13:00 PM »
Thanks for converting this pack to new formats, I've been longing for this for some time! :thumbsup:

I saved my solutions for all 120 levels and they're attached to this post. This was my second playthrough of this pack, the first was in February 2015 for vanilla Lemmix engine.

Some new levels and redesigns of old levels were nice, they also can be seen in GeoffLems Minipack in the level database.
And if namida (or someone else) wondered about the intended solutions, Geoffster himself made a YouTube playlist of them, starting from Tricky rating.

Offline Swerdis

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2019, 08:27:32 PM »
Finished it today. Overall, a great pack. You didn't promise too much, Namida. There were lots of great levels especially in the Mayhem rank, just like "Switchbacks",  "Grey Matter", "Lemmings in the Radiator", "Dazed and Confused" or "Parking Garage" which took me the longest time. I was a little bit disappointed by the last level, though, which I quite certainly backrouted. All my solutions can be found on my youtube channel. Thank you Akseli for posting Geoffsters channel, so I could compare my solutions to the intended ones. 

https://www.youtube.com/user/Vidusaka/
« Last Edit: July 09, 2019, 08:40:55 PM by Swerdis »

Offline WillLem

• Unity isn't sameness, it's togetherness
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2019, 06:10:46 AM »
Finished Tricky today, I've attached replays for the first two ranks.

I'm really enjoying this pack. It has the look, feel and skills of the original game but the puzzles are nice and fresh and not tooo difficult.

Probably some backroutes here, but I like the fact that a lot of the levels allow you to carve out your own solution. It's part of the fun!

Online kaywhyn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2020, 11:27:44 AM »
All rightie, I have attached my entire solutions collection for the pack for NL New Formats. Note these replays are the exact same ones as the ones I posted in the level pack topic for the Old Formats version. All I did was update my replays for the 6 replays that failed, along with one undetermined. In other words, I fixed my replays for Mayhem 3, Mayhem 5, Mayhem 14, Mayhem 23, Taxing 8, Taxing 9, and Tricky 7. All other replays are the exact same. The issue with the fire pit is also present in Mayhem 30. The lemmings are able to walk through it without getting burned just like in the Old Formats version. Pretty sure that's not intended and hence the level is broken in both versions. In any case, my solution for the level is very different from the intended solution.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2020, 11:44:33 AM by kaywhyn »
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCPMqwuqZ206rBWJrUC6wkrA - My YouTube channel and you can also find my playlists of Lemmings level packs that I have LPed
kaywhyn's blog: https://www.lemmingsforums.net/index.php?topic=5363.0

Offline ericderkovits

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2020, 07:00:04 PM »
Too bad nobody has made the pack for Superlemmini, as it seems it uses the standard styles, and only the 8 classic skills(good for Superlemmini). Also I don't think there are any pickups skills
in this pack. So this pack would be nice to have for Superlemmini. Also there are no tools that I'm aware off to go from NL to Superlemmini. Also it seems the creater is inactive(as Namida says)
, so this would be perfect to have it converted to Superlemmini. But Unfornately no tools availiable.

ALso I like the fact it uses timers, Which Packs in Superlemmini seem to have.

Online kaywhyn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2020, 07:14:58 PM »
Too bad nobody has made the pack for Superlemmini, as it seems it uses the standard styles, and only the 8 classic skills(good for Superlemmini). Also I don't think there are any pickups skills
in this pack. So this pack would be nice to have for Superlemmini. Also there are no tools that I'm aware off to go from NL to Superlemmini. Also it seems the creater is inactive(as Namida says)
, so this would be perfect to have it converted to Superlemmini. But Unfornately no tools availiable.

ALso I like the fact it uses timers, Which Packs in Superlemmini seem to have.

From what I understand, this pack originally started off as a Lemmix pack, so therefore only the 8 classic skills and none of the levels have pickup skills. Indeed, when the pack was converted to NL, nothing needed to be changed in order to still remain solvable. At the same time, when Geoffster overhauled the pack going from v0 to v1, many of the levels are quite different from what I can gather reading the feedback on the Old Formats version. Also, none of them are titled, so it's difficult to know which level was being discussed and whether or not it's the same level I played.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCPMqwuqZ206rBWJrUC6wkrA - My YouTube channel and you can also find my playlists of Lemmings level packs that I have LPed
kaywhyn's blog: https://www.lemmingsforums.net/index.php?topic=5363.0