Author Topic: Renaissance Lemmings  (Read 6352 times)

Offline ∫tan x dx

• View Profile
Renaissance Lemmings
« on: May 23, 2019, 09:52:11 PM »
Hey everybody!

A collaboration between my brother and I, we are proud to present Renaissance Lemmings.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/q9ojlsfqvrc470r/Renaissance_Lemmings.zip?dl=1

This pack of ten levels was made to exhibit the new style of the same name.
In order to play these, you'll have to install the style as well.
You can get the style here:
https://www.lemmingsforums.net/index.php?topic=4237.0

Both of us have created five levels each.

tan x dx:
Jack be nimble, Jack be quick
Meet me on the balcony
The Crypt
As above, So below
Ten Green Bottles

Dexter:
Hickory Dickory Dock
Bombing Run
Triptych
Claustro
Uneasy Alliance

Also attached are the solutions for each level.
Let us know what you think!

Enjoy! :thumbsup:

Update 1:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Update 2:

Update 3:
« Last Edit: September 14, 2020, 07:40:17 PM by ∫tan x dx »

Offline IchoTolot

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Renaissance Lemmings
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2019, 11:58:16 AM »
I've gone through the levels and I smell a ton of backroutes. :evil: 

I think before giving any final thoughts these will need fixing. ;P    The levels all look amazing though! :thumbsup:

I would remove the stoner from level 2 as it's more irritating than anything else and looks more like a mistake from you than a feature to be honest.

My favorite so far is "Triptych"! :thumbsup:

Offline ∫tan x dx

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2019, 09:01:55 PM »
Hey IchoTolot!

I'm glad you're enjoying the pack!

... I smell a ton of backroutes. :evil:

You are certainly correct! There are lots of sneaky moves in your solutions!
We've gone back to the levels and tweaked them, updates are in the OP.

A few notes under the spoiler about your solutions:

Offline IchoTolot

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2019, 05:59:48 PM »
Finally had some time to resolve the levels. :)

I think there are fewer backroutes this time, but they are still there. ;P

Offline ∫tan x dx

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2019, 08:08:31 PM »
Update! See the OP for more details and the new downloads.

Quote from: IchoTolot
I think there are fewer backroutes this time, but they are still there. ;P

There certainly are still some backroutes! You're very good at this... ;)

Hopefully there will be resolutions to these issue this time around.

Offline IchoTolot

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2019, 03:21:11 PM »
Resolved the pack.

For a reason I only needed to replay 3 levels.

"Hickory Dickory Dock" and "Claustro" were not changed for me. Maybe you forgot to include the updates ???

Anyway I attached my solutions. :)

Offline ∫tan x dx

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2019, 09:21:20 PM »
Whoops!

That's an error on my part. I've corrected the downloads in the OP.

I've had a look at your new solutions and once again it seems I have to be a little craftier...

Offline IchoTolot

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 13, 2019, 06:36:07 PM »
Resolved the 2 levels. Claustro still seems a bit odd. :P

Offline ∫tan x dx

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 14, 2020, 07:42:37 PM »
Update!
I've finally gotten around to updating this style to work with the new formats!

Both this level pack and its corresponding style have been updated to the latest NeoLemmix version. You'll need to download and install both the level pack and the style.

Enjoy!

Offline IchoTolot

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 14, 2020, 08:18:36 PM »
Here I can confirm that everything works and is solvable. :)

Offline ericderkovits

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 14, 2020, 09:06:01 PM »
yes the new style devinci works. but i downloaded icho's replays. only replay that isn't working is level 9

Online kaywhyn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 14, 2020, 09:26:13 PM »
Hey integral of tan x dx (I love the user name, I'm a math teacher, and I especially love calculus ;)), thanks for updating and fixing the issue with the pick-up skills :) I recently wanted to play through this pack, but I couldn't due to the missing pick-up skill icons. The scroll graphic was there, but there was no icon on the scroll. I wonder if it was brought to your attention, or if you remembered about your level pack that you made with your brother Dexter or if he remembered and either of you loaded it up and noticed there were problems with the style. Anyway, thanks for fixing up the pack. I will give this pack a go soon! :thumbsup:
« Last Edit: September 15, 2020, 12:03:52 AM by kaywhyn »
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCPMqwuqZ206rBWJrUC6wkrA - My YouTube channel and you can also find my playlists of Lemmings level packs that I have LPed
kaywhyn's blog: https://www.lemmingsforums.net/index.php?topic=5363.0

Offline ericderkovits

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 14, 2020, 09:47:56 PM »
yes thanks Tan x dx as well for fixing this. Now another awesome pack made availiable for new formats neolemmix.

I have Icho's replays for this pack. but his level 9 replay is broken. All the other levels replays work fine.

Offline IchoTolot

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 24, 2020, 10:13:56 PM »
Started to upload my solution to this pack. :)

Link to the first video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TAOCPiTm3rw

Online kaywhyn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 08, 2021, 12:22:31 AM »
Hello integral of tan x dx (love the username, as I love calculus and I'm a math teacher as well ;)),

I started playing this pack quite a while back, got stupidly stumped on the third level (only because I was a very big dummy and didn't pay close attention to the save requirement :XD:, finally came back to this pack today after several months, and managed to solve everything. Here are my replays.

General Remarks

Wow, you and your brother did a great job with these levels! :thumbsup: These are nicely made and deceivingly tough. Right out the gate, the pack starts with an unusually tougher than normal level with Vitruvian Lemmings 1 - Hickory Dickory Dock. I absolutely love the design here and the puzzle is great.

The remainder of the pack doesn't get any easier after this, but they were still satisfying to figure out. Seeing how Vitruvian Lemmings 2 - Jack Be Nimble, Jack Be Quack, you both must be fans of the Mother Goose nursery rhymes. I remember when I was very little I had a computer game that focused on finding objects to help various characters to complete the nursery rhymes. I'm normally really bad at levels that give plenty of stackers, but this one isn't too bad, especially given the skillset. I say the execution is more difficult than the puzzle, as the solution here is obvious.

As mentioned before, I was surprisingly stumped on Vitruvian Lemmings 3 - Bombing Run when I first played this pack about half a year ago (6 months ago). I gave up on the pack, came back to the level a few times in the ensuing months, but still no luck. I finally come back today and still struggled for about another half hour before realizing that I had been overthinking the solution the entire time. Once again, this is another good example where I didn't pay close enough attention to the save requirement in connection with the

Once I finally managed to get past the third level due to my own stupidity, I didn't struggle as much with the remainder of the pack. The only level that took me a while after level 3 was Vitruvian Lemmings 10 - Ten Green Bottles. The solution is obvious, but the execution can be annoying. It seems there's plenty of timing heavy elements in the solution which is what makes the solution difficult to execute. It's a nice level and everything, especially with how there's 10 green bottles and hence it fits the level title appropriately, but it's certainly nowhere near the hardest level of the pack despite being the final one.

Vitruvian Lemmings 4 - Meet me on the balcony is a bit difficult, although certainly the hardest part is figuring out how to rescue the top entrance, which is a splat hatch. My solution might be a minor backroute, although mine is probably somewhat of a non-obvious way to rescue them despite being the most straightforward route. 

Levels I backrouted: Vitruvian Lemmings 5 - Triptych (probably a slight one), Vitruvian Lemmings 7 - Claustro (didn't use the miner pickups despite collecting them), and Vivtruvian Lemmings 9 - Uneasy Alliance (probably the most glaring one, considering I have plenty of platformers leftover). The last one is probably supposed to be the hardest level in the pack, and my solution definitely looks far easier than what your brother intends for it.

My favorite one was probably the very first level. I also liked Triptych very much. Vitruvian Lemmings 6 - The Crypt, 7, and 9 were my faovrites design-wise. This is a really great looking tileset! :thumbsup: Well done to the both of you :) I admit the trap took me by complete surprise on level 6. Here, my non-use of CPM is deliberate and as I have said many times before, I prefer not to take the easy way out and simply figure things out as I go. It's also just a matter of familiarizing oneself with the tileset. There's still levels in plenty of tilesets that I have yet to play, anyway.

Overall, nice job with this collab pack. I still need to give your first pack, Integral Lemmings (love the pack name as well, especially as I love math), a try, as well as Hallow's Eve. I'll probably do so in the coming weeks/months or so :P 
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCPMqwuqZ206rBWJrUC6wkrA - My YouTube channel and you can also find my playlists of Lemmings level packs that I have LPed
kaywhyn's blog: https://www.lemmingsforums.net/index.php?topic=5363.0