Author Topic: Renaissance Lemmings  (Read 3365 times)

Offline ∫tan x dx

• View Profile
Renaissance Lemmings
« on: May 23, 2019, 09:50:00 PM »
Hey everybody!

Following on from Chalkboard lemmings, my brother has created another style: Renaissance Lemmings.

A trip through the workshop of a renaissance inventor, the lemmings must traverse through a variety of clockwork traps and crumbling bookshelves.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ruqf7fjaes3h8iv/dex_davinci.zip?dl=1

To coincide with the release of this style, my brother and I have created an accompanying level pack.
You can get the level pack here:
https://www.lemmingsforums.net/index.php?topic=4238.0

Under the spoiler are some previews of the levels in the pack.
Full album here https://imgur.com/a/B2YwVVQ

Comments and feedback are much appreciated as always!

Enjoy! :thumbsup:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Update 1:
  • Fixed the hitbox of the water to extend 1 pixel below the graphic.
  • Added In/Out signs to the teleporter entrance/recievers

Update 2:
  • Updated the pickup sprites to include shimmiers.

Update 3:
  • Updated the pickups to be compatible with the new formats. Don't forget to get the updated versions of each level!
« Last Edit: October 28, 2020, 08:02:29 PM by ∫tan x dx »

Offline SQron188

• View Profile
Re: New Style - Renaissance Lemmings
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2019, 07:05:31 AM »
:thumbsup: Hoooooly shit son, wow!!! :thumbsup: This is so satisfying to look at! The brown + gold works incredibly well! I love the elaborate background elements too, and the balcony level is just perfecto in my opinion.

I say this is a good start to my day :laugh:

Offline Strato Incendus

• The King of Shimmiers (crowned by Flopsy ;D )
  • #RIP Spearer/Grenader (2020 - 2021)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2019, 12:19:37 PM »
Great job once again, you two! :thumbsup: This is quite a step up even from your already magnificent chalkboard style!

Given how GigaLem overhauled many of namida's Lemmings Plus Styles, one could also look at this as a remotely related update to namida's Clockwork style. Of course, it has way too many own signature pieces to be considered that, but I think those two styles (Clockwork and Renaissance) might actually go together well visually.
My packs so far:
Lemmings World Tour (New & Old Formats), my music-themed flagship pack, 320 levels - Let's Played by Colorful Arty
Lemmings Open Air, my newest release and follow-up to World Tour, 120 levels
Paralems (Old Formats), a more flavour-driven one, 150 levels
Pit Lems (Old Formats), a more puzzly one, 100 levels - Let's Played by nin10doadict
Lemmicks, a pack for (very old) NeoLemmix 1.43 full of gimmicks, 170 levels

Offline IchoTolot

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2019, 01:30:52 PM »
This looks really impressive! :thumbsup::thumbsup:

I had a level idea the other day and I've decided to use this tileset right away. ;)  I've attached the resulting level and would be curious if anyone can find a backroute. ;P.

I've noticed 2 things:

- The water's trigger area should reach 1 pixel under the water. Currently it would be possible for the lemmings to walk on the bottom of the ocean as a result.
- The teleporter/receiver is missing an IN/OUT sign.

Apart from these things I would not hesitate to put the style (and also the chalkboard one) into the standard NL styles download. ;)

Offline GigaLem

• The Dog That Brought Lemmings to Avalice
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2019, 08:23:53 PM »
A new set already? and oh my god, I'm speechless. This is beautiful, looks like something out of symphony of the night.

Offline ∫tan x dx

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2019, 08:49:44 PM »
Hi all!

We are so thankful and humbled by your responses! Thanks to everybody for their kind words! :thumbsup:

My brother has made a few tweaks to the style as per Icho's suggestions, and I've updated the OP.

By the way Icho, that level is quite puzzling! Neither myself or my brother have managed to figure it out yet!
We're working on it though... ;)

Offline IchoTolot

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2019, 09:38:17 PM »
By the way Icho, that level is quite puzzling! Neither myself or my brother have managed to figure it out yet!
We're working on it though... ;)

The level idea resulted from 2 backroutes by joshescue18 for 5th rank levels from Lemmings United. I combined these 2 (at least for me) new tricks into a level.

There is 1 precise step in here that results in an interesting trick. I tried to make the set up as easy as possible though. :P