Author Topic: [BUG][PLAYER] Certain Skill Panels missing on 1x & 2x zoom in windowed mode  (Read 1410 times)

Offline Minim

• View Profile
Although not many people would probably want to use the smaller zoom settings anyway, :-\ hopefully this bug would provoke a decision whether the lower zooms should be kept or not.

On the interface, when changing from full screen to windowed mode, turning the Compact Skill Panel button off and simultaneously changing the zoom to 1x or 2x, OR if you've started up Neolemmix with these settings, the enhanced skill panel completely disappears, presumably because the window is too small to contain them. The problem also occurs with the Compact Skill Panel on 1x zoom. Fortunately the smaller Skill Panel does appear on the 2x zoom windowed interface.

Here are some of the interfaces I've been given below. May I also mention that on windowed mode, the window's size doesn't change when changing zooms, unless you exit the game and start it up again.
Level Solving Contest creator. Anybody bored and looking for a different challenge? Try these levels!

Neolemmix: #1 #4 #5 #6
Lix: #2  #7
Both Engines: #3

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
May I also mention that on windowed mode, the window's size doesn't change when changing zooms, unless you exit the game and start it up again.

Zoom and window size have been independent for a long time now - you can use any zoom with any window size, and the level will display as much as possible for the window size, with anything beyond that needing scrolling. You can resize NeoLemmix's window the same way as any other window. The zoom setting should really be called (if it isn't already) "Minimum Initial Zoom", as that's what it does - sets the minimum initial zoom level when playing levels (the player is then free to zoom further in or out). If the "Increase initial zoom on small levels" setting is disabled, then the minimum initial zoom, instead becomes the exact initial zoom.

The disappearing skill panel is definitely a bug though, I'll look into that.
My Lemmings projects
2D Lemmings: NeoLemmix (engine) | Lemmings Plus Series (level packs) | Doomsday Lemmings (level pack)
3D Lemmings: Loap (engine) | L3DEdit (level / graphics editor) | L3DUtils (replay / etc utility) | Lemmings Plus 3D (level pack)

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
Did some testing. The bug occurs when the window width is less than 832 (standard panel) / 640 (compact panel), and/or the window height is less than 400 (either panel). I suspect the issue arises from some code intended to prevent over-zooming the panel, incorrectly limiting it to 0 instead of 1 in this case.

EDIT: Found a more-direct cause of the bug - the bug occurs if the panel's zoom, upon starting the level, would be 1x. If there is no reason that it cannot increase above 1x, then zooming in will fix the issue (and it will remain fixed even if you zoom out again). This means, the bug can also be triggered by disabling the "increase zoom on small levels" option and setting your default zoom to 1x, regardless of screen / window size.
My Lemmings projects
2D Lemmings: NeoLemmix (engine) | Lemmings Plus Series (level packs) | Doomsday Lemmings (level pack)
3D Lemmings: Loap (engine) | L3DEdit (level / graphics editor) | L3DUtils (replay / etc utility) | Lemmings Plus 3D (level pack)

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
Fixed in commit 6d738f7 (and cherry-picked to the V12.4.1 branch in commit 5d38a7f).
« Last Edit: May 28, 2019, 08:15:26 PM by namida »
My Lemmings projects