Author Topic: [Suggestion] Talismans for Official Lemmings Games?  (Read 1388 times)

Offline jamesleemorgan

• "Little Jim - Lemming Game Contender"
  • This is a ongoing story of True Victory!
    • View Profile
[Suggestion] Talismans for Official Lemmings Games?
« on: May 21, 2019, 06:59:14 AM »
Exactly what is says on the tin. I am hoping that talismans would be added for the official lemmings games. You know, as a way to test my skills and get more replay mileage out of the games.

Sorry if it's a stupid suggestion but I am just wondering if that's a possibility.
Soon, your levels will be a part of the story. A story of Lemming Game Victory! But the Road will be long.

Coming Soon to be Recorded
"Lemming Team's LEM-OUT!!"
Starring "Little Jim" and his built in experience coach "Lomax Louis."

Offline grams88

• Just one more thing.
    • View Profile
Re: [Suggestion] Talismans for Official Lemmings Games?
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2019, 09:03:05 AM »
Welcome to the forum Jamesleemorgan

With the lemmings two the tribes, I was thinking of challenges that could be done, (e.g) in the mushroom level my challenge was to get the lemmings to walk on every mushroom.

Online Proxima

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2019, 12:08:04 PM »
Lemmings Redux includes talismans on the original levels.

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2019, 07:03:12 PM »
This was discussed, along with other modernisation touchups. The Lemmings Redux pack that Proxima mentions was the result - people felt anything beyond changes that are necessary to keep the level possible, would be going too far, so instead we created the Redux pack as an unofficial, separate pack that's perhaps more like a "remaster" (except, in terms of physics / level selection and ordering, rather than in terms of graphics and sound) than just a port.
My Lemmings projects
2D Lemmings: NeoLemmix (engine) | Lemmings Plus Series (level packs) | Doomsday Lemmings (level pack)
3D Lemmings: Loap (engine) | L3DEdit (level / graphics editor) | L3DUtils (replay / etc utility) | Lemmings Plus 3D (level pack)