Author Topic: happylemmings not sad  (Read 3585 times)

Offline WouterSmits

• View Profile
happylemmings not sad
« on: May 17, 2019, 12:04:26 PM »
im working on level pack called HappyLemmings

Offline Strato Incendus

• The King of Shimmiers (crowned by Flopsy ;D )
  • #RIP Spearer/Grenader (2020 - 2021)
    • View Profile
Re: happylemmings not sad
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2019, 07:46:23 PM »
A little more information would be useful if you want to advertise this pack and create interest in it. ;)
My packs so far:
Lemmings World Tour (New & Old Formats), my music-themed flagship pack, 320 levels - Let's Played by Colorful Arty
Lemmings Open Air, my newest release and follow-up to World Tour, 120 levels
Paralems (Old Formats), a more flavour-driven one, 150 levels
Pit Lems (Old Formats), a more puzzly one, 100 levels - Let's Played by nin10doadict
Lemmicks, a pack for (very old) NeoLemmix 1.43 full of gimmicks, 170 levels

Offline WouterSmits

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2019, 09:48:11 AM »
can you finish this it looks fun and not too hard
its my first level
but its fun
ideas sdtill working on
but first level is done

Offline IchoTolot

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2019, 01:18:28 PM »
Hey! :)

I've finished your level and attached a solution replay. :)

While the solution is fine, I would say you could improve a few things on the presentation side of things. I've attached a "revised" version of the level (+ replay) where I smoothen things out a bit and added some decoration.
For example I was careful here to put the more rectangular blocks and pillars together in such a way that there is no overhang between them and they fit nicely together. Out of the rough stone pieces I tried to make a nice formation.
I also placed the water at the bottom of the map while reaching the edges to the left and right to create a natural pit effect.
Furthermore I reduced the Lemming count a bit and removed the timer, but that's secondary for now. :P

Maybe you can get a few ideas for your pack out of this revised version. ;)

Offline WouterSmits

• View Profile
Re: Dimension
« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2019, 11:00:18 AM »
ive renamed to Dimension
ive been working on for new levels

so far ive builded
i know im bad at decor

Offline Strato Incendus

• The King of Shimmiers (crowned by Flopsy ;D )
  • #RIP Spearer/Grenader (2020 - 2021)
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2019, 11:47:50 AM »
The first level actually looks really nice! :thumbsup:

The second one is also fine, I'd just prefer the vertical pole to be a little longer. And unless you want to command somebody to have their wedding on Christmas, it would be "Merry Christmas", not "Marry Christmas"... :D

The third level still seems quite rough - maybe that's just me, but I think the edges of water areas should always be touched, or even slightly covered, by adjacent pieces of terrain.

Also, at least for me, your screenshots aren't embedded in your posed; I had to go to the external site to actually have a look at them. Maybe you've somehow set them as "private", so that only people who directly access the link can see them? ;) In that case, it would be more user-friendly to set those specific level screenshots as "public".
My packs so far:
Lemmings World Tour (New & Old Formats), my music-themed flagship pack, 320 levels - Let's Played by Colorful Arty
Lemmings Open Air, my newest release and follow-up to World Tour, 120 levels
Paralems (Old Formats), a more flavour-driven one, 150 levels
Pit Lems (Old Formats), a more puzzly one, 100 levels - Let's Played by nin10doadict
Lemmicks, a pack for (very old) NeoLemmix 1.43 full of gimmicks, 170 levels

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #6 on: December 13, 2019, 05:48:30 PM »
I think you've done a very good job with the visuals on "Walking Home". The only thing that sticks out to me is the pole near the water (see 1st attached screenshot). I'd do something like place a brick at the end so it doesn't abruptly cut off (see 2nd screenshot) - though at least it's lined up with the edge nicely. Even this, it's very much a "my personal tastes" thing, and many well-known level creators would feel perfectly fine leaving things the way you've done here.

The other two, yeah, I have to say I feel some work is needed on those visually. Don't take this too harshly - my early levels looked a lot like those, too, and I'm sure many other people would say the same about their early levels as well. I think the biggest thing is: With rough-edged styles like Dirt and Snow, the trick is generally that you don't just have pieces lightly touching like that; rather, you make larger clumps by placing multiple copies of the small clumps overlapping each other. (This doesn't mean there's never a situation that calls for using a single copy of a piece on its own, but it's rare compared to the "big clump" setup.)
My Lemmings projects
2D Lemmings: NeoLemmix (engine) | Lemmings Plus Series (level packs) | Doomsday Lemmings (level pack)
3D Lemmings: Loap (engine) | L3DEdit (level / graphics editor) | L3DUtils (replay / etc utility) | Lemmings Plus 3D (level pack)

Offline WouterSmits

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 13, 2019, 07:47:00 PM »
thanks for tipsthat snow level will be fixed
but i dont want backroutes on my level pack
i will continue monday on it and lern to improve

Offline WouterSmits

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 15, 2019, 12:59:21 PM »
and i could use help on making the level pack demo will be 10 levels full unknown

Offline WouterSmits

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 24, 2019, 11:24:38 AM »
it will be 4 levels
sorry i fidnt fo the rest
only how do i set levrl numberd