Lemmings Boards > Help & Guides

Lemmings 1 Graphics and Music error

<< < (3/3)

Forestidia86:

--- Quote from: ccexplore on May 16, 2019, 06:30:35 PM ---It used to be that IIRC, before version 0.73 of DOSBox the default was different and more akin to the "vgaonly" mode of 0.73+, so for some time the default settings work fine for Lemmings. 

--- End quote ---

I use DosBox 0.71 and have the graphics issue. Config says: 'machine=vga' but problem nevertheless there. So maybe it's the other way around, that vgaonly mode introduced a possible fix?

607:
Huh, that is interesting! So you can fix it, and if I understand correctly in versions of DOSBox before a certain time the default settings had the issue not occur? Now I can imagine not having the issue as a kid, but I have gotten so used to it that I feel like I've always had it. :P But I guess it did indeed start occuring when I reinstalled DOSBox after getting a new pc. I have had such recall issues with games before! Spoiler (click to show/hide)At some point I was positive I used a website between 2006 and 2011 that turned out to exist since 2013. I was very confused when I found that out, but the WayBack Machine from archive.org helped me fix my memories.
The site I used to use had a similar purpose, but a very different look than the new site, and yet before I saw the old site again I could remember, I thought, using the site with the 2013 lay-out all the way back in 2006!And thanks for explaining the issue, as well. :)

Forestidia86:
Yeah DosBox 0.65 has the graphics fine (whereas 0.70 has the graphics bug), so the issue was introduced with 0.7 and then fixed with a non-default mode again, as I see it.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version