Author Topic: Level of the Year 2018 Results (Winner: tan x dx's "12 Steps to Success")  (Read 2519 times)

Offline IchoTolot

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
LOTY 2018 has finally ended and the winner is: tan x dx's "12 Steps to Success" (Integral Lemmings Delta 05)

The runner up level was: namida's "Swampflower" (Lemmings Plus VI Delirious 15)

Third place goes to: kieranmillar's "Increasing Productivity" (Not Fun 2 in v05 of Quest From Kieran)

I will attempt to contact tan x dx to send him his price of US $10.00. :)

See you soon in LOTY 2019. ;)

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
Congratulations to tan x dx! (Although I must say - personally, out of those three, I'd have picked kieran's level to win.)

I'm quite surprised to see Swampflower not only make it to the finals, but to in general get the best result so far of any Lemmings Plus level in LOTY. I don't consider it a bad level by any means, but I never thought of it as a particularly great one either; I was expecting "Dareful Drop (Part II)" to do the best out of the nominated LPVI levels, though I would have thought Part I was a stronger candidate (but it didn't even get nominated).
My Lemmings projects
2D Lemmings: NeoLemmix (engine) | Lemmings Plus Series (level packs) | Doomsday Lemmings (level pack)
3D Lemmings: Loap (engine) | L3DEdit (level / graphics editor) | L3DUtils (replay / etc utility) | Lemmings Plus 3D (level pack)

Offline Nessy

• View Profile
A big congratulations tan x dx on your win! :thumbsup:

Also congrats to namida for 2nd place and kieranmillar for his 3rd place level.

Offline Flopsy

• Global Moderator
  • Lix Nerd
    • View Profile
A well deserved win from a brilliant quality level pack from a new member.

I'm quite surprised to see Swampflower not only make it to the finals, but to in general get the best result so far of any Lemmings Plus level in LOTY. I don't consider it a bad level by any means, but I never thought of it as a particularly great one either; I was expecting "Dareful Drop (Part II)" to do the best out of the nominated LPVI levels, though I would have thought Part I was a stronger candidate (but it didn't even get nominated).

I actually nominated Swampflower for LOTY, I'm not sure if anyone also nominated this.
I nominated it because it was the level I spent the most time with when testing LPVI, it was the most memorable level for me personally from LPVI.

Offline Crane

• View Profile
A big congratulations tan x dx.  I got as far as fourth place, I think.  Not bad, I guess!

Offline ∫tan x dx

• View Profile
Hi everybody!

First of all, I'd just like to give my sincere thanks to everyone in this wonderful and creative community!

I am really honoured and surprised by my win! There were so many awesome levels in the competition, and I really wasn't expecting mine to be chosen as the best.
Thank you all so much! :thumbsup:

In regards to the prize, I would like to donate it to the upkeep of this forum, assuming that is possible.

Thanks again to everybody!

Offline IchoTolot

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
In regards to the prize, I would like to donate it to the upkeep of this forum, assuming that is possible.

Alright, the prize has been sent! ;)

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
And it's now been put into the site's hosting balance. :) Much appreciated!
My Lemmings projects
2D Lemmings: NeoLemmix (engine) | Lemmings Plus Series (level packs) | Doomsday Lemmings (level pack)
3D Lemmings: Loap (engine) | L3DEdit (level / graphics editor) | L3DUtils (replay / etc utility) | Lemmings Plus 3D (level pack)