Lemmings Boards > Contests

Level Solving Contest #4

(1/4) > >>

Crane:
Welcome to the 4th instalment of this contest.  This is the first contest that I've hosted, so go easy on me.

This one is unfortunately NeoLemmix only, and uses an existing level.  I just had to wait until the end of the Level of the Year contest or at least until the level was eliminated, so as to not influence the vote.  The level in question is "It's Lemmings, Doofus!", and the challenge, should you choose to accept, is to solve it using as few different types of skill as possible - e.g. solving it with 5 Bashers counts as 1 type, but solving it with 2 Bashers and 1 Miner counts as 2 types, so scores lower.  If there's a tie, the secondary category is highest number of Lemmings saved, and if that is also tied, then the tertiary category is the lowest number of skills used overall.  Winner gets to host the next contest, or nominate another to run it.

Submit replays via PM.  Deadline for solutions is 8th June 2019, 11:59pm.  In case Colorful Arty releases a new version of the level, find attached the version that will be used for this contest.

So to reiterate, judgment is based on categories in the following order:

* Primary: Fewest types of skill used
* Secondary: Most Lemmings saved
* Tertiary: Fewest skills used overallGood luck, have fun!

----

Submissions so far:

* Forestidia / Simon (joint effort)
* Minim

Minim:
Well, I just played it and solved it today but not optimised my solution of course. Here are my first thoughts on the level.

Wow, you picked a really long and hard level here! :XD: Considering the length it's making me wonder if we should add another criterion for those players who've tried but can't quite make it. I call it the "distance from entrance" and I will talk this through on a separate topic.

Edit: Great job spicing up the competition by adding a new criterion to the contest and setting that as primary. It's about time we had a new challenge. 8-)

Crane:
You're welcome. I figured I needed something new and much harder to optimise. With most Lemmings saved, I was able to get 99% with every attempt at getting 100% failing, and I figured most people would get this score, while with fewest skills used, the minimum target is too loose for it to be practical.

Minim:
I might also mention this: I found out on the editor that this level is accompanied by the music track "dos mashup 1", which I can't find the download for. Does anyone know where that is? Looking forward to hearing that instead of "Doggie in the window". :XD:

SQron188:

--- Quote from: Minim on May 10, 2019, 12:10:23 PM ---I might also mention this: I found out on the editor that this level is accompanied by the music track "dos mashup 1", which I can't find the download for. Does anyone know where that is? Looking forward to hearing that instead of "Doggie in the window". :XD:

--- End quote ---

in here

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version