Author Topic: Shmolems  (Read 683 times)

Offline Shmolem

• View Profile
Re: Shmolems
« Reply #15 on: May 10, 2019, 10:04:04 pm »
So far Simple has just been showing off a bunch of tricks

Offline Shmolem

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 11, 2019, 06:41:49 pm »
This is my latest level called Four Corners I decided to share it because I think it's my best level yet!

Offline Strato Incendus

• He who usually only makes it up to rank two
  • Your graphic-set conversion cleanup service ;)
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 11, 2019, 07:08:12 pm »
Well, we won't be able to judge that until you share the level itself! ;)
Ghost Lemmings - help us test a possible new NeoLemmix skill!
My packs so far:
Lemmings World Tour, my music-themed flagship pack, 320 levels - Let's Played by Colorful Arty
Paralems, a more flavour-driven one, 150 levels
Pit Lems, a more puzzly one, 100 levels - Let's Played by nin10doadict
Lemmicks, a pack for NeoLemmix 1.43 full of gimmicks, 170 levels

Offline Shmolem

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 12, 2019, 03:52:30 pm »
So I figured out what I’m going to do for my level pack: other than learning there is going to be four rankings with twenty levels in each plus the ten learning levels that makes ninety levels in total. I’m debating if I should release the pack after I’m finished Simple for a early version or something like that or I could just wait until I finish the whole thing.

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #19 on: May 13, 2019, 12:47:12 am »
The most common approach is to release a demo that contains several levels from throughout the pack. With my packs, I generally aim for the same amount of levels from each rank, or sometimes something like "2 each from the easier ranks, 1 each from the harder ranks".

I would also advise against trying to specifically create each rank one at a time. My suggestion is to have a rough plan of how many ranks and how difficult each one will be, then create levels, and put them into whichever rank you feel they fit in - and be open to possibly changing this later. Generally speaking, the level order shouldn't be finalized until very shortly before release - some people even make changes to the order after release; personally, I prefer to avoid doing this, but I will do it if I think it's really justified. I'm speaking from experience here - when I first started creating packs, I mostly went with the "create every level in order" approach, and it tended to result in very erratic difficulty curves, and often, not-so-great levels because I'm so focused on how easy or hard the level should be.
My released level packs:
Lemmings Plus Series | Doomsday Lemmings

Offline Shmolem

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 13, 2019, 03:03:08 pm »
Yeah I’ve been going with the “ Create every level in order” technique and so far I’m sure I haven’t created any crazy random difficulty spikes but I guess I’ll never know until other people play it.

Offline Shmolem

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 11, 2019, 08:39:11 pm »
I actually made my first level where I didn’t want to use it in my level pack the solution was to dig into the ground with your 1 digger and go through a hidden teleporter that would teleport you to the end but I scratched the idea because it seemed like a good idea at first but then it just looked like some boring filler type level.