Author Topic: Lemmings Plus Alpha - Release topic [V12.03 update]  (Read 9946 times)

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
Lemmings Plus Alpha - Release topic [V12.03 update]
« on: April 23, 2019, 02:00:53 AM »
So, my latest pack is here. A small pack, at only 45 levels, across three ranks, that revisits the official graphic sets. A few of my spare levels have been re-used for this (including some that were remade into suitable graphic sets for this pack), but the majority are brand new.

This is another one of my really hard packs, so it's not for the easily-frustrated... or for that matter, for those of you who value their sanity full stop. With that being said, the pack does, as usual, start off easier - keyword, easier, because even the first rank is still no pushover! So I expect most of you will at least be able to solve a few of the early levels.

Download link (V12.02): https://www.neolemmix.com/download.php?program=51
Solution replays: https://www.neolemmix.com/replay/LemmingsPlusAlpha_Replays_12_06.zip

As usual, any of my packs using the Orig tracks are designed with the Sega Master System music pack in mind.

Special thanks to IchoTolot and joshescue18 for pre-release testing.

Mutilation

Mutilation 5 "For That's The Way Of The Lem"
The first rank... and this should already be no pushover, though most of you will be able to complete it.

Decimation

Decimation 7 "Expedition"
Expect things to get much nastier here. You might make progress through it, but do you have what it takes to complete it...?

Obliteration

Obliteration 9 "Aquadynamics"
The final stand, and it's a tough one. Prepare for unique tricks, extreme precision, clever distractions... only the best players will complete this rank!
« Last Edit: August 12, 2019, 12:53:02 AM by namida »
My Lemmings projects
2D Lemmings: NeoLemmix (engine) | Lemmings Plus Series (level packs) | Doomsday Lemmings (level pack)
3D Lemmings: Loap (engine) | L3DEdit (level / graphics editor) | L3DUtils (replay / etc utility) | Lemmings Plus 3D (level pack)

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
Re: Lemmings Plus Alpha - Release topic
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2019, 02:00:59 AM »
Level Hints

0101 "Keep Your Lemmings Close" (click to show/hide)
0102 "Indifference" (click to show/hide)
0103 "Easier Back In The Day" (click to show/hide)
0104 "Jump Scene" (click to show/hide)
0106 "Lemming Rotation Club" (click to show/hide)
0107 "Rockroll" (click to show/hide)
0108 "Blitzoff" (click to show/hide)
0109 "A Cloner Would Be Handy" (click to show/hide)
0110 "Twisted Track" (click to show/hide)
0111 "Latent Lodge" (click to show/hide)
0112 "Five Steps To Success" (click to show/hide)
0113 "Mini Mayhem" (click to show/hide)
0114 "Started From The Bottom" (click to show/hide)
0115 "Snow Place Like Home" (click to show/hide)

0201 "Mastery Of Malice" (click to show/hide)
0202 "The Winning Edge" (click to show/hide)
0203 "Lemming Semantics" (click to show/hide)
0204 "Oh Blast" (click to show/hide)
0205 "Levelly McLevelface" (click to show/hide)
0206 "Baby Steps" (click to show/hide)
0207 "Expedition" (click to show/hide)
0208 "Mission Difficult" (click to show/hide)
0209 "Return To Gemland" (click to show/hide)
0210 "Across The Sky" (click to show/hide)
0211 "Caving Under Pressure" (click to show/hide)
0214 "Bricks Are Heavy" (click to show/hide)
0215 "The Longest Minute" (click to show/hide)

0302 "Good Lemmings Die Young" (click to show/hide)
0303 "Lemming On A Prayer" (click to show/hide)
0304 "White Noise" (click to show/hide)
0305 "Blessed By A Curse" (click to show/hide)
0306 "Lemmingz 4 Now" (click to show/hide)
0307 "What Icehole Made This" (click to show/hide)
0309 "Aquadynamics" (click to show/hide)
0310 "Dirty Joke" (click to show/hide)
0311 "Bending The Rules" (click to show/hide)
0312 "The Golden Rule Of Lem" (click to show/hide)
0314 "Wasted Talent" (click to show/hide)
0315 "Lemmings: A Theory" (click to show/hide)

Level Name References
0103 "Easier Back In The Day..." - References the old mechanics where direct-drop to an exit was allowed, which would have made this level extremely easy.
0106 "Lemming Rotation Club" - This level (or an earlier version of it, to be precise) was the first NeoLemmix level to contain rotated terrain pieces.
0107 "Rockroll" - A play on Rickroll, although the level has nothing to do with Rick Astley outside of the title reference.
0205 "Levelly McLevelface" - A reference to Boaty McBoatface.
0207 "Mission: Difficult" - This level was originally created as "Mission: Literally Impossible", which was for use in a joke demo and intended to be literally impossible (though someone managed to solve it).
0214 "Bricks Are Heavy" - A reference to the L7 album. Which I actually only know because of one song.
0303 "Lemming On A Prayer" - A reference to the song "Living On A Prayer".
0306 "Lemmingz 4 Now" - A reference to the fictional band "Boyz 4 Now" from Bob's Burgers.
0308 "Lemmings and Lemming Accessories" - A reference to Hank Hill's catchphrase "propane and propane accessories".
0313 "The Troublesome Trio Go To Hell" - The "Troublesome Trio" name has previously been used for 3-lemming levels "The Troublesome Trio" in Lemmings Plus Omega and "The Troublesome Trio Strike Back" in Lemmings Plus Omega II.
0314 "Wasted Talent" - A reference to the Family Guy episode. Also, originally, this level's skillset originally had a very-clearly-useless swimmer, which the name was also referencing - but the swimmer was removed when I realised two builders were needed to make the level work, and thus it couldn't be a 1-of-everything anyway.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2019, 07:10:07 PM by namida »
My Lemmings projects
2D Lemmings: NeoLemmix (engine) | Lemmings Plus Series (level packs) | Doomsday Lemmings (level pack)
3D Lemmings: Loap (engine) | L3DEdit (level / graphics editor) | L3DUtils (replay / etc utility) | Lemmings Plus 3D (level pack)

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2019, 02:53:47 AM »
The level images and stats for Lemmings Plus Alpha have now been added to the NeoLemmix website.
My Lemmings projects

Offline IchoTolot

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2019, 08:20:27 AM »
I plan to do another resolving over the next days. Hopefully we got rid of these pesky backroutes. ;)

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2019, 07:46:44 PM »
I plan to do another resolving over the next days. Hopefully we got rid of these pesky backroutes. ;)

I discovered yet another backroute in Obliteration 13 after release, but so far that's the only one, and it's relatively minor. I just haven't got around to fixing it yet.
My Lemmings projects

Offline Nessy

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2019, 09:27:28 PM »
Manged to finally start this pack :thumbsup: So far this pack is definitely the high difficulty it promised with very, very good levels. Even some first rank levels took me a while to solve (and some not even yet).

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2019, 10:19:07 PM »

« Last Edit: April 26, 2019, 11:51:09 PM by namida »
My Lemmings projects

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #7 on: April 26, 2019, 11:59:18 PM »
V12.01 update released

(In case anyone was wondering - the "12" is to indicate that it's in NL 12.xx.xx format.)

Backroute fixes:
- 0114 "Started From The Bottom..."
- 0313 "The Troublesome Trio Go To Hell"

Note that the fix to 0313 may break some solutions that were previously considered acceptable; the intended solution, however, has not changed.
My Lemmings projects

Offline IchoTolot

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Lemmings Plus Alpha - Release topic [V12.01 update]
« Reply #8 on: April 29, 2019, 07:28:37 PM »
Finally had some time+energy to resolve the pack. I feel we still have a few backroutes here. :evil:

I attached my replays. :)

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
Re: Lemmings Plus Alpha - Release topic [V12.01 update]
« Reply #9 on: April 29, 2019, 09:37:05 PM »
Let me know if there's any levels you earlier had the intended solution to that I should look at the replays for.

Replay feedback (click to show/hide)
My Lemmings projects

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
Re: Lemmings Plus Alpha - Release topic [V12.02 update]
« Reply #10 on: April 30, 2019, 04:51:24 AM »
V12.02 update released

Backroute fixes:
- 0212 "A Lot Of Lemming Going On Here"
- 0309 "Aquadynamics"
- 0310 "Dirty Joke"
My Lemmings projects

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #11 on: May 09, 2019, 06:56:38 PM »
Seems this pack's really stumping people. :P

Anyway, I've added some hints to the 2nd post now. Some may be more useful than others; for some levels it was really hard to come up with any useful hint that doesn't give the entire solution away.
My Lemmings projects

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #12 on: May 25, 2019, 09:31:47 PM »
I've now posted the intended solution replays (along with some alternate solutions found by prerelease testers).

https://www.neolemmix.com/replay/LemmingsPlusAlpha_Replays_12_04.zip

(12_04 in the URL refers to the NeoLemmix version the replays were tested in, not the version of the pack itself.)
« Last Edit: May 25, 2019, 10:23:03 PM by namida »
My Lemmings projects

Offline Nessy

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 28, 2019, 12:36:27 AM »
Made a little bit more progress on this pack.

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #14 on: May 28, 2019, 12:52:33 AM »
Your solution to Mini Mayhem is 100% intended, and your solution to Mastery Of Malice has all the intended elements, just in a different order.
My Lemmings projects