Lemmings Boards > Lemmings Main

Assigning function vs lemmings' crowd

(1/3) > >>

jammer64:
Any protips how to assure you're going to assign basher/builder/miner in the right direction inside 100 lemmings crowded/blocked in small area? ;) It's real hell to pull off both in stock and custom levels. I do apologize if it doubles some rudimentary tutorials or belongs to another section ;)

Flopsy:
If you hold down the arrow key on your keyboard of the direction you want to assign the skill in then you will only select Lemmings facing in that direction.
This is of course assuming you are referring to the NeoLemmix engine.

IchoTolot:
If you are indeed using NeoLemmix:

The directional select is also part of the advanced options on the skillbar (the blue left/right arrows).

There is also the option to select a Walker from a crowd (Ctrl) and to highlight a lemming (right-click on a lem).

I can highly recommend taking a look at the NeoLemmix manual which lists all fuctions from the advanced skillbar, hotkeys over options to precise frame-stepping for easy pixel precise assignments: https://www.lemmingsforums.net/index.php?topic=4081.0

jammer64:
Thx a lot! I've gone through manual several times but missed it somehow :)

Proxima:
In Lemmings games in general:

* The best method is to set things up in advance so that lemmings in a particular part of the crowd are only going in one direction; this is most easily achieved by using a builder, if you have one to spare. (If you need to build the crowd out, then build the first bridge early and later continue it.)
* Alternatively, aim your cursor at the very edge of the crowd, and you will only select lemmings turning around and heading away from that edge.
* You can also look for the lemming drawn above all the others; this will be the last lemming out, who has selection priority.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version