Author Topic: Ski Sloping Lemmings (80 Levels)  (Read 14432 times)

Offline grams88

• Just one more thing.
    • View Profile
Ski Sloping Lemmings (80 Levels)
« on: March 30, 2019, 11:52:17 PM »
Hi everyone

Your tutorials have been very helpful Flopsy. :thumbsup:

(Ski Sloping lemmings) which probably has not much to do with skiing. This is a pack that uses the original skills and the original and Oh no tilesets, the nine tilesets. :thumbsup: I think I made some decent puzzle type levels. The first eight or nine levels are tutorials but not like your normal tutorial levels, these ones are a bit harder than your standard tutorial levels. The first level is just to do with using the release rate tool, I think it is set to 50 but I could be wrong.

I'm hoping to maybe do some backroute changes but I might do that at a later date, see how it goes as it is at the moment. The first rank which is the (Blue slope) that's your hard tutorial levels and few more straight forward type of levels. The next rank up is the (Red slope)which are slightly harder still these levels might have multiple solutions. The rank after this one the the (Black Slope) these levels get harder as I've hopefully implemented some puzzles within some of the levels. The last rank is the hardest (Orange Slope) where you can't make many mistakes at all as you can lose the level.

I'm hoping that the 80 levels are okay and hopefully some levels might trip up even the masters of the lemmings. There are a few levels that might not go down well but lets hope that there aren't too many of those type of levels. 

I hope I have added the right file.

I'm hoping this also encourages others to make a big level pack. It was actually quite fun making the levels but sometimes you do run dry for ideas and sometimes it can be a bit more difficult to come up with a level.

Thanks Namida and IchoTolot, :) Thanks for helping me out with the last post. hopefully I've added the right one this time.

Should work now the download. :)
« Last Edit: August 29, 2019, 08:42:42 PM by grams88 »

Offline IchoTolot

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Ski Sloping Lemmings (80 Levels)
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2019, 09:23:02 AM »
Hi! Downloaded it and it seems to work. :)

But I found 1 bug currently:

For me the "Black Slope" rank is the first rank in the level selector. I also found the reason:

Your "levels.nxmi" file is named "Ski Sloping levels.nxmi". This way the file gets ignored and the levels are just displayed by folder order in the level select screen.

I fixed it for myself now and the "Blue Slope" rank is now the first rank as intended. Did you manually edit the file's name? ??? If yes, don't simply rename those generated files! ;)

Anyway rename the "Ski Sloping levels.nxmi" file to "levels.nxmi" and reattach the pack with the fixed name. Then everything will function correctly. :)

I will try to take a look at the pack over the next week. :)

Offline Proxima

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2019, 12:28:44 PM »
Replays for the Blue Slope rank attached. Comments:

Comments (click to show/hide)

Offline grams88

• Just one more thing.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2019, 06:40:45 PM »
Thanks guys trying the pack out, look forward to checking those replays you guys have.

Offline IchoTolot

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2019, 06:48:37 PM »
Thanks guys trying the pack out, look forward to checking those replays you guys have.

The issue is still not fixed yet.

The "levels.nxmi" file is still named "Ski Sloping levels.nxmi" in your attachment.

Rename and reattach it so unsuspecting users still get the right order of difficulty ranks, it's just 1 file that needs a quick renaming.

Otherwise most people will start with Black Slope.

I attached the fixed pack. It's quick so I simply did it. ;P

Offline grams88

• Just one more thing.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2019, 10:55:00 PM »
At least we got in working in the end. :)

Thanks for playing and commenting on the levels proxima. I'm looking forward to watching the replays, is there a shortcut key for playing replays? I forgot which key it was. I'll will post a more detailed reply once a few try the blue slope levels out. The (Very Dangerous Trail) level will be an interesting one to watch as I feel that might be a bit hard for the blue slope rank but I'll keep there at the moment.

Offline IchoTolot

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2019, 07:49:46 AM »
is there a shortcut key for playing replays? I forgot which key it was.

Standard hotkey for loading replays in a level is "L".

All hotkeys can be looked at by going into the configuration menu by pressing "F3" in the main menu.

Also the answer to most things in that regard is: The Manual

At least we got in working in the end. :)

Your attachement in the main post still contains the wrong file name for "levels.nxmi". ;)

Offline grams88

• Just one more thing.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 03, 2019, 01:47:07 PM »
Looking forward to checking out the replays. My thinking in relation to making the tutorial levels was to make them a bit harder than your traditional tutorial levels. Hoping it is not off putting for newer players, I was hoping a lot of us may have some mayhem or havoc experience. :devil:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: April 03, 2019, 02:09:39 PM by grams88 »

Offline Nepster

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 03, 2019, 08:04:08 PM »
Attached are lots of replays.

Offline grams88

• Just one more thing.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 03, 2019, 08:46:41 PM »
Thanks Nepster

Just to double check something, can you actually change the height when making levels in Neolemmix? I kept mine to the default height for all levels.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2019, 09:31:32 PM by grams88 »

Offline grams88

• Just one more thing.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 03, 2019, 10:40:38 PM »
Hi guys

Offline grams88

• Just one more thing.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 03, 2019, 11:21:37 PM »
Actually you guys are helping me find some backroutes, Nepster might of found a few, thank you. I might as well focus on finding backroutes at this time being. If I do make a backroute changes, I will let you know what levels it is and post the updated pack at the top of this thread. I might make a few changes to the later levels rather than the earlier ones.

Actually I might as well do an update just now,

Thanks to Nepster for finding them.

Only across less builders, Nepster solution okay

Maze blocks less builders, Nepster solution okay

Welcome to venus placed traps so can't go a certain way.

Welcome to the red world, changed some blocks to make the height higher.

I will add the updated one at the top of this post, Many thanks.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2019, 11:53:34 PM by grams88 »

Offline Nepster

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 04, 2019, 03:56:15 PM »
Thanks for the reply.

A journey level was completed nicely, you let one die.
Which NeoLemmix version do you use? When I load my replay, it saves all lemmings.

Offline grams88

• Just one more thing.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 05, 2019, 11:05:59 AM »
You are right, you saved them all on that one Nepster, I just noticed what you used the last builder for. :)

Offline IchoTolot

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 06, 2019, 03:37:36 PM »
I've had some time for the first rank and the last level today. I've attached the replays. :)

For the written comments here I will focus on what could be improved.

In general:

My favorite level so far was 1 17! :thumbsup:

As Nepster also stated: For my taste there were too many huge levels with 15+ builders. I would try turning down the builder count drastically and aim for a balance between small, medium and large levels in future content.
In quite a lot of levels I just had to build very long bridges where I just assigned a builder, pressed the skip 10secs button, assigned the next builder, pressed the skip 10secs button, assigned the next builder,......this makes some levels seem very monoton.

Level specific: