Author Topic: [NeoLemmix] Lemmings Halloween 2023  (Read 6908 times)

Offline Armani

• :D
    • View Profile
[NeoLemmix] Lemmings Halloween 2023
« on: October 09, 2023, 09:51:05 AM »

1.) Introduction

Here's my 3rd Neolemmix level pack! : Lemmings Halloween 2023 :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

It's a small pack with only 30 levels divided equally into 2 ranks: Festival & Funeral
I personally consider it to be my best level pack so far quality-wise, so I hope you enjoy this pack as much as I had fun making this pack. :thumbsup:

2.) Download Links(Dropbox)

Level Pack: Lemmings Halloween 2023 V1.3
Music: Lemmings Halloween 2023 Music
This pack has all the music files in the subfolder “Halloween2023”. So do not manually move the music files into the main music folder! The only thing you have to do yourself is to extract them into your main NeoLemmix folder.

Solution Replays: Replays

3.) Rank

There are two ranks: Festival and Funeral. Both ranks have 15 levels each. Funeral rank is entirely consists of zombie levels :evil: while Festival rank is completely zombie-free! Both ranks use same set of tilesets:
    Spooky(ryemanni)
    Beast(gronkling)
    Menacing(gronkling)
    Halloween(dexter)
    Candy(namida)
    Agony(zanzindorf)
all of which were recommended by people on LF discord server :D
The difficulty resets once you enter the second rank so if you are having trouble with later levels of the first rank, I recomend you to jump over to second rank!

4.) Preiview images

Festival2 Such a Free Win! - ...until you realize something...important!

Festival5 Catallena - The small dancing Catellena~~. Special thanks to my girlfriend for making this level for the pack :D

Funeral3 Insulator - There was a group of lemmings believing conspiracy theories related to zombie outbreaks. They believe someone deliberately spread zombie virus for some reason...

Funeral7 Sombody Forgot to Nuke! - Let's revisit the level that is already solved!

5.) Music Credits

List of music (click to show/hide)

6.) Special thanks to

- Dexter for menu graphics! 8-)
 - Namida for developing and maintaining Neolemmix :thumbsup:
 - Lemmings Forum community for general support :laugh:
 - My girlfriend for making one level for the pack and pre-release testing.
 - All of you for playing my pack. :thumbsup:

7.) External Links
Let's Play Lemmings Halloween 2023 by kaywhyn: Youtube Link
« Last Edit: April 02, 2024, 05:39:34 AM by Armani »
My newest Neolemmix level pack : Lemmings Halloween 2023 :D 8-)

About Armani: Armani's Blog
My NL level packs(in chronological order):
  Lemmings Uncharted [Medium~Extreme]
  Xmas Lemmings 2021 [Easy~Very Hard]
  Lemmings Halloween 2023 [Easy-Very Hard]

Offline Armani

• View Profile
Re: [NeoLemmix] Lemmings Halloween 2023
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2023, 09:52:33 AM »
Change log (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: April 02, 2024, 05:42:13 AM by Armani »

Offline NieSch

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2023, 07:57:24 PM »
Congratulations on the release. Great looking and ingenious levels. :thumbsup:
My NeoLemmix packs: All You Need Is Lemmings - Long Live Lemmings! - Yippee! More Lemmings
SuperLemmix: Tomb Rodents featuring Lemmina Croft

Offline IchoTolot

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2024, 07:22:04 PM »
Here are my solutions for the pack!

The overall quality of the pack was amazing! :thumbsup:

I do not expect too many backroutes as well, as most things felt pretty intented if not at least close to. :)

One thing I could find:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Offline Armani

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2024, 05:11:32 AM »
@Ichotolot
Thanks for playing! :thumbsup: You've already found the intended solutions to most of the levels. Especially I'm happy to see that most of the complicated levels are already stable :D

Regarding your solutions:
« Last Edit: February 14, 2024, 07:05:19 AM by Armani »

Offline IchoTolot

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2024, 06:37:09 PM »
Here are my resolves. 8-)

I sense that we are already getting close!

Regarding my comment:

Offline Armani

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2024, 07:09:03 AM »
@Ichotolot
Yep. Everything is intended :thumbsup:
I only made a small change to Funeral11(widen the platform a bit) but it won't break your replay anyway.

Offline kaywhyn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 31, 2024, 10:17:44 AM »
Hi Armani,

Finally solved the entire pack. Attached are my replays and of course some feedback! Also, you already know, but for anyone who wants to watch, I have an LP of the pack:

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLbp2m4KlFpJuqXqjQrqimOqe5GJAznICi Enjoy! :P

Thank you for watching, all the feedback on my solutions, and the generous words! :thumbsup:

General Feedback

Lemmings Halloween 2023 is Armani's third level pack, after Lemmings Uncharted and Xmas Lemmings 2021, in that order. Uncharted is the hardest of all his packs, while the other two packs of his are somewhat easier than it. Even then, I still found these two packs after Uncharted quite challenging in many places, but they don't reach the nasty and extreme difficulty that Uncharted does. Still, don't expect them to be quick solves, because they aren't! Having now made 3 packs and been on the Forums for at least 4-5 years, Armani is very well-known for challenging levels! In general, I personally tend to struggle far more with Armanis' levels than I do with Ichos', and that's saying a lot! Needless to say, I think we both agree that Armani has managed to top Icho in the difficulty of levels at times, though I personally still consider them far better level solvers than me. It's nice knowing that this community considers me up there with them and some other top solvers, but again I personally don't think I'm as good as any of them when it comes to solving Lemmings levels.

I struggled far more with this pack than I thought I would. I asked Icho on Discord what he thought the difficulty tag can be put for this pack, and he probably thinks Medium-Hard. I agree with Medium for the lower end for the difficulty, but after solving all of the pack, I would have to say that the high end goes up to "Very Hard" instead and therefore my difficulty classification for the pack is Medium-Very Hard ;) At least this I consider true for the Festival rank, it definitely goes up to Very Hard in a few places IMO, but especially near the very end. For the Funeral rank, it in general felt easier than the Festival rank, and Armani intentionally made it so, but it probably does or comes super close to hitting "Very Hard" difficulty. Very true with Funeral 14, which I agree with Armani is the hardest level of the pack. However, as has been said many times, difficulty is very subjective. This seems to suggest that Icho didn't struggle anywhere near as much as I did with this pack, therefore reinforcing the fact that he's a far better level solver than I am!

Festival Rank Feedback

The first rank of the pack and the one where there are no zombie levels (that's for the second rank, Funeral). I would note that right out the gate the pack already starts more difficult than usual, around Medium difficulty. I guess that was the biggest sign that this wouldn't be a pack that would be completely breezed through so quickly! :laugh:

Funeral Rank Feedback

The next rank and an entire rank of zombie levels. As Armani has said on Discord, these are intentionally easier than the Festival rank levels, save for Funeral 14, where that is the hardest level of the entire pack.

Overall, I must repeat what both Armani and Icho (but especially the latter!) have said about the pack's quality, and that is I too was quite amazed and impressed! :laugh: I definitely can recommend players give this pack a go, but do be warned that I don't find it that much easier than either of Armani's previous two packs. Probably about the same as Xmas Lemmings 2021 difficulty-wise. I struggled far more than I thought I would here. More with the Festival rank than the Funeral rank, though just like in my personal experiences I did struggle with some zombie levels as I usually do.

Thanks so much for this pack Armani, and I look forward to any future packs you might have planned! :thumbsup:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCPMqwuqZ206rBWJrUC6wkrA - My YouTube channel and you can also find my playlists of Lemmings level packs that I have LPed
kaywhyn's blog: https://www.lemmingsforums.net/index.php?topic=5363.0

Offline Armani

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 01, 2024, 05:26:21 AM »
Thank you very much for playing and LPing the pack :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Since I already replied to your solutions via youtube comments, I'm not going to repeat the same thing here.

I'll prepare new updates soonish! It will be mostly fixing to reduce precision rather than fixing backroutes. 8-)
Ah also there'll be new talisman to funeral14 as both of you found very efficient solutions that worth talisman 

Offline Armani

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 06, 2024, 03:53:23 AM »
v1.3 is out :laugh:
I added a new talisman thanks to Ichotolot and kaywhyn.
You can checked the full logs in the second post 8-)

Offline Mobiethian

• Keep doing your thing!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 06, 2024, 11:00:53 AM »
Sweeeet! :thumbsup: I need to check out your level pack because this looks really creative and interesting.

Offline Armani

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 06, 2024, 11:43:39 AM »
@Mobiethian
Good luck and I hope you have fun :thumbsup:
You can find the official solutions to all levels on the main post in case you want to check. ;)

Offline Mobiethian

• Keep doing your thing!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 07, 2024, 03:35:44 PM »
@Armani
Sounds perfect! Thank you! :thumbsup:
Great job with getting things customized on the title screen, I see now how it's done and will be doing the same. ;) Now this is just by looking at your folder, I have yet to get the pack to work.
You may PM me with further instructions, thanks so much!