Author Topic: List of unconverted packs?  (Read 3955 times)

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
Re: List of unconverted packs?
« Reply #15 on: July 11, 2019, 09:13:47 PM »
Thus, if that skill panel happens to be full already, the level is unsolvable as of now.

It may be worth waiting for the next NL update, which should increase the skill limit to 10 types per level. Of course, it's up to Nepster whether or not this does get integrated for the very next version, but it's a very highly-demanded feature, and the code's all ready to go (aside from perhaps needing a tiny bit more testing).

Lastly, there are three levels in which zombies need to walk into radiation and/or slowfreeze, and those cannot be replicated even with additional skill slots and pickup skills. I still have no idea how to go about adapting those. ;)

In my now-discontinued pack Doomsday Lemmings 2, there was a level "Guardian Angel" that had a crowd of normal lemmings, a ghost, a zombie, and a trap. You had to save every normal lemming. The solution was to use the ghost, to direct the zombie into the trap, rendering it safe while lemmings walk past. (It helps that the Horror set trap has a VERY long animation, so there's a relatively huge window of time to slip the crowd past.) This part of the solution is fairly obvious so I don't consider it spoilery; the real puzzle is how to actually achieve that. (I actually consider this level to be the only ghost level I made that was actually really good.)

Perhaps a similar setup can work for your levels - using some kind of object that the zombie keeps busy for the crowd - could help.
My Lemmings projects
2D Lemmings: NeoLemmix (engine) | Lemmings Plus Series (level packs) | Doomsday Lemmings (level pack)
3D Lemmings: Loap (engine) | L3DEdit (level / graphics editor) | L3DUtils (replay / etc utility) | Lemmings Plus 3D (level pack)

Offline Strato Incendus

• The King of Shimmiers (crowned by Flopsy ;D )
  • #RIP Spearer/Grenader (2020 - 2021)
    • View Profile
Re: List of unconverted packs?
« Reply #16 on: July 12, 2019, 06:36:47 AM »
Thanks for the suggestion, but all these solutions actually require the zombies to explode or stone ;) . Since zombies are no longer "classic zombies" that could pick up skills, simply having them walk into a trap won't work.
My packs so far:
Lemmings World Tour (New & Old Formats), my music-themed flagship pack, 320 levels - Let's Played by Colorful Arty
Lemmings Open Air, my newest release and follow-up to World Tour, 120 levels
Paralems (Old Formats), a more flavour-driven one, 150 levels
Pit Lems (Old Formats), a more puzzly one, 100 levels - Let's Played by nin10doadict
Lemmicks, a pack for (very old) NeoLemmix 1.43 full of gimmicks, 170 levels