Lemmings Boards > Contests

Polls for possible changes to the contests

(1/4) > >>

IchoTolot:
As stated in the recent Contest Topic I want to do 2 polls regarding the rules of the contests:

Poll 1.) Change the voting round duration from 3 days normally and 4 days for finals to 2 days normally and 3 days for finals.

Poll 2.) Base the distribution of levels not on contest rules anymore and instead just pseudo-randomly distribute all levels evenly onto a reasonable number of groups.

I will leave each poll open for 3 days and make a decision based on the results. :)

IchoTolot:
The first poll is up! :)

Simon:
Rename the contest from
Lemmings Forums Level Contest
to
Level Design Contest.

Reason: Other contests are on Lemmings Forums, too, are about levels, too, and are contests, too. Example: The contest where we minimize skills on a given level. Thus Lemmings Forums Level Contest is not precise.

I don't mind the author/rules/versioning in the filename, but please include the level name. The level name is the handle, not the author or the rule. When I have a loose replay called Nepster_r1v3, from what contest is that?

-- Simon

IchoTolot:

--- Quote ---Rename the contest from
Lemmings Forums Level Contest
to
Level Design Contest.

Reason: Other contests are on Lemmings Forums, too, are about levels, too, and are contests, too. Example: The contest where we minimize skills on a given level. Thus Lemmings Forums Level Contest is not precise.
--- End quote ---

Good idea! :)

I agree that Level Design Contest is more precise.

--- Quote ---I don't mind the author/rules/versioning in the filename, but please include the level name. The level name is the handle, not the author or the rule. When I have a loose replay called Nepster_r1v3, from what contest is that?
--- End quote ---

How about: Author_Levelname_RuleVersion?

Simon:

--- Quote ---How about: Author_Levelname_RuleVersion?
--- End quote ---

Good!

-- Simon

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version